It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' hacks Mossad website, gains access to data of 30,000 spies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I don't see why everyone underestimates the power that good hackers can have over the world. All this talk about how anonymous is just hype, maybe they are, but there are definitely hackers who can do what they say they can and could decimate any country they please.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The belief that ATS somehow stole Israel's "Excel spreadsheet where we store the names of all our spies" is less an issue of people on ATS not knowing how intelligence agencies works (though maybe that is an issue) and more an issue of people on ATS seeming not to know how computers work.

In fact, Anonymous' various "triumphs" over the years (i.e. "we hacked the Bureau of Justice Statistics website, now we know the per capita value of arson insurance claims in the U.S. in 1989 without having to go to the library and look it up - MUAHAHHAHAHA!") seem to be targeted kinda toward the latter person.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
i think wikileaks ruined any valuable information accessible to hackers.. or else it would be already publicized.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WontBeFooled
i think wikileaks ruined any valuable information accessible to hackers.. or else it would be already publicized.

The Wikileaks files weren't obtained through hacking. They were obtained through physical penetration of a building in which an OFFLINE computer system was housed. None of the files released by Wikileaks were stored on a website or on computers connected to the internet.

So, no, it didn't ruin it because there never was - AND STILL ISN'T - any valuable information of the kind detailed in the subject line of this post that is, or ever has been, accessible to hackers.

So many people have reiterated this point in the thread, I think at this point all the True Believers - pounding away on their Commodore 64s - are just so enchanted with this story they refuse to let go of the fantasy that intelligence agencies keep a list of all their spies in an Excel spreadsheet they upload to a password-protected area of their Wordpress site.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
While Israel is supposedly an ally, they do have a plethora of spies in the US. They are simply using the US, and will not hesitate to pull the rug out from under us, just like many believe they have recently...Some know what I am referring to. Israel is a hypocritical country, and I harp on them more because they are the only country who seems to complain about what others are doing, trying to garner support against these nations, while they are doing the same thing behind everyone's backs. I probably would not give them such a hard time if they were not always doing this. And any nation that commits genocide, for ANY reason, should not be allowed to be an ally of the US.

War is one thing. Attacking the civilian population is quite another. I mean the US gives them all of their military hardware, more or less, and the nation would not even exist today without the US...and they base so many spies in America, stabbing the US in the back???And the US puts up with it. Why? I will tell you why. Because this is the only foothold America has in the ME. America wants an ally in the region, and that is the only reason. But the price is way too steep.

You know were spieing on them too

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So Freakin What!

Anonymous hacks all these websites....And then what....

What good comes out of all this? Someone fill me in here please cause this isn't news worthy!

Ok...We have some info on some 30,000 spies now they are gonna crack them down? Stop them?

This isn't going to change anything. How about they wipe ALL the US debt, then I will give them a

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex

Ok...We have some info on some 30,000 spies now

that's not how computers work

This isn't going to change anything. How about they wipe ALL the US debt, then I will give them a

that's not how debt works

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I know how computers and debt work...Don't twist my words around!

Answer my question....How does this benefit the society and accelerate positive change in the world?
edit on 28-3-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
While low level confidential documents might be found on a computer that is connected to the internet, truly classified things are kept on systems that are either completely stand alone or connected only to internal net that is not connected to the outside, Anyonmous continues to simply annoy people and never accomplish anything.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I know how computers and debt work

do you?

Originally posted by PurpleVortexAnswer my question....How does this benefit the society and accelerate positive change in the world?

see all my previous posts in this thread

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
While low level confidential documents might be found on a computer that is connected to the internet, truly classified things are kept on systems that are either completely stand alone or connected only to internal net that is not connected to the outside,

That's already been mentioned 67 times in this thread and no one cares. This is too cool of a story to let reality interfere.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Storing any secret info on a website is unwise. However, there is a possibility of hacker finding info on them, mainly do to people not understanding security. It's so easy to setup a server. It's possible for terrorist cell to have a website that looks like a candy store, but somewhere on there they have a hidden web portal with a login/pass to the real goodies. Agents out in the field can log in remotely and receive their orders or whatever. Info that seems miniscule to the everyday Joe may mean something else. Security is broken in operating systems and software all the time. Most websites are up in the cloud so to speak on a rented server. However, you can host your own website on your own server, but then there is security issues. Small businesses can't afford to have a full time administrator security consultant and there lies the problems. Servers hosted behind one nat firewall private network. Once the web server is compromised so is the private network. There is tons of web portals out there that lead to networks.

Operating systems and software are constantly being cracked or hacked and found to have huge security holes. Just in the past 8-9 months PPTP VPN CHAPv2 is now completely 100% crackable, just because of the way it was designed. WiFi Routers with WPA2 encryption are now crackable because of a WPS flaw and has been known by the US government since 2009. Many are out there that are unaware and or have no way to update it. Some cannot use third party firmware such as DDWRT or Tomato to disable the WPS. Even then there still is no guarantee that it's patched. Some after being patched still can be exploited as the WPS resides as a hardware issue not just a software issue. Also, how many are out there that have routers with PlugNPlay enabled.

Every neighborhood has at least 1 or more open WiFi networks or still use WEP. I even found a hotel that still uses WEP for it's customers. I have found 3 WiFi printers downtown within walking distance sitting there broadcasting and acting as a DHCP server handing out IP's to anyone who connects. These are on business networks. I hand out cards and talk to them, but they just don't care. Security is a huge issue right now.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
One by one computer nerds with no lives will begin dying mysteriously. I guess none of them ever watched the movie Munich?

Thanks for that post. Right you are.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Witness123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Will Alex Jones be on that list?
That is the question.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All the time, anonymous hacks this, hacks that....we have the information, download this encrypted file - then never releases the damn key. This stuff is small time, how about they "hack" the FED, hack wall street....hack the globalists.

reply to post by walliswallis

At least have a picture to go with that.

edit on 28-3-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Between all the haking going on the economy and the drones in the sky this stuff is gonna grow into a dangerous game and the potential for war.More stuff that may cause WW3.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think anonymous talks a lot of bull#.I think they are a gang o DOS attsckers.Denial of service.They say they got all infos,but we never see.Maybe they can be a cover,for more dangerous people.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
People always talk about how we are basically eff'd now that the matrix is in place, but I think it's a double edged sword. What is becoming ever clearer as time goes on is that the intelligence services are eff'd as well.

The whole world is becoming a glass house with no dark closets.

If the founders of Mossad walked into their headquarters now and saw what was going on, they would probably have everyone shot on the drive home and start over again after ripping out all the modems in the building.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why doesn't anonymous hack NASA and release all the UFO, Apollo, Roswell, Mars files that we haven't seen? Maybe there's nothing there, but I'd still like to see it.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The thing is, these "spies" don't even exist on closed networks. Nor do they exist on some offline server somewhere.

They're hidden in plain sight. Could be a best friend. The guy that cooks awesome ribs at the family get together. Everywhere except a hard drive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join