It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is selling his autographed Jim Carrey photo to buy glock

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by eXia7

So, it's ok for the seller to have an opinion on guns, but no one else can if it differs from his?

Wow, no wonder people tend to think of gun lovers as nuts, people like that idiot make it easy. It's a damn joke video, get over yourselves.

You think it's a joke video????? The joke must be on you. Charlton Heston is an american icon, a political activist FOR the people.

YOU obviously aren't American...............but thanks for the input.

Yes the video was a joke and the biggest one is on all the people who are getting their knickers in a wad over it. When did Heston become an American icon? Moses and planet of the apes hardly makes a person an icon.
edit on 28-3-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

So this is basically an F-U to Jim carrey. I suppose y'all know about Jim's video against guns. This is clearly a response. Sorry if posting the obvious.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

What is that creature in your icon???

And, I agree with you!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
$319 for a Jim Carrey autograph? Way too much.....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
At this point the poor guys listing is doomed for a couple of reasons.
To start off with it is not really a signed autograph. It is in fact a Print. There are several Identical prints with the Exact identical signature with No varience what so ever. Only a machine could me so consistent.
And secondly there is the exact same thing listed with a bid of $20.00. Basic economics would dictate that he will not see a bid of more than that.
And thirdly the highest price ever paid for that particular print is $40.00.

That is really too bad. I was rooting for that guy.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
To start off with it is not really a signed autograph. It is in fact a Print. There are several Identical prints with the Exact identical signature with No varience what so ever. Only a machine could me so consistent.
And secondly there is the exact same thing listed with a bid of $20.00. Basic economics would dictate that he will not see a bid of more than that.

I noticed that last night, that they were reprints. He had a good thing going until others caught on, and ebay shut the listing down. Perhaps he did this as a joke, and knew he'd never sell it and used this as publicity. Which it still worked, it was hilarious!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
was thinking this
anyone have the feeling this could be hoax by the seller?
its a good idea and plan to get money from angry Gun activists who are but hurt or angry

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Honestly, .. . This is not some guy trying to play a joke or get publicity.

He is desperate. He wants his weapon.

Yesterdays listing was deleted as well , . SO, .. today he put up this listing. ..

It is Item # - 281085045233

The title reads. .. . ..

Selling a Jim Carrey Autographed 8X10 Photo EBAY HATES FREEDOM!

Go check it out.
'

edit on 28-3-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

problem is anyone can sound desperate,
best scams are those that play it to the end
more attention he gets more chances are more people will feel sorry and use the donate button

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

problem is anyone can sound desperate,
best scams are those that play it to the end
more attention he gets more chances are more people will feel sorry and use the donate button

Yeah, I thought this same thing as well, there are a lot of people who will scam other people by playing off their emotions, it's sick, but can you really fault them for taking advantage of people who refuse to use better discernment? That's how the world has been hi jacked by criminals..

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

His current winning bid is $250 so after donations from his previous listing that was taken down and the current bid on his re-listing, he should have enough soon to get the GLOCK he wants.

eBAY Listing eBAY username astrobuzz is the original seller...a lot of copycats on there now trying to capitalize off his idea.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join