It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is selling his autographed Jim Carrey photo to buy glock

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
Jim should set an example by disarming his bodyguards.

gunssavelives.net...#

Yeah..that pretty much says it all......good find.......
Maybe I am getting old, but I can't stomach award shows, such as the Oscars anymore, and this not about "sour grapes" I grew up middle class, went to college, and have overall had a happy life...and maybe it's easy to say if your not rich that you would NEVER waste a struggling families yearly salary without blinking an eye , on a dress, purse and shoes.....and yeah, that is thier "right", thier money...but I really don't want to hear any BS about how much they "care".........

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No worries I should have worded my response better? Although I am no longer a hunter I do still shoot and my family is. And much like me they do not see this as an infringement as a gun ban would be. Which let's be 100% clear that will not happen at least not out west!

I learned to Hunt with a Remington 700 to which my Dad would only allow 2 rounds. Your second shot had to be quick before the report was heard by the game and you might get that second shot. After that they were spooked and gone. Growing up in a family of Hunters who were better skilled at bow hunting and tracking an animal took the sport seriously not like today. Today hunters might be better playing a video game where you push a button.

I cannot say I have ever been in situation of combat and I hope that I never have to. I get defending against a corrupt government but do not see an infringement on my ability to defend my home or hunt. What I see is over kill by enthusiasts and a push back from the public and those with an agenda.

The first time I pulled the trigger, and killed something I was both scared and exhilarated but watching that animal die I respected that power and understood the consequences of using it. That agenda comes from that Fear and lack of knowledge...

We can argue the limiting of guns in hundreds of ways and after this conversation I see it being moot! Personally I know that most people do not have proper training before they get a weapon. They do respect them or a lot of times like you mentioned even understand them.

I still think the issue is more about mental health then weapons

Back on topic! Jim Carrey is a so called actor who's opinion means nothing to me. He knew that by picking Charlton Heston and manhood he would strike a nerve and piss off the exact people he did. He has and is currently portraying people who use weapons and is being a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
You would? Why and how? A pistol is inherently less accurate than a long arm and a 9mm handgun round will actually penetrate further (FMJ) than a 5.56 round. Unlike hte movies, a shotgun does not spread out in a huge swath, you still have to aim it and a 25 yards, you are looking at a handsized pattern of buckshot. Both handgun rounds and bukshot can penetrate into the neighbor's house and kill people if you miss.

edit on 27-3-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

Ok OT You are right all can penetrate a neighbors house

Home invasion distances occur at less than 20 yards. So to save arguing I tell you what...use whatever you know best! And this advice is not to you NavyDoc but anyone with little or no experience who reads this. GET experience with a weapon and practice often! An AR-15 is useless if you don't know where the safety is or have never shot it!

I am not good or accurate at using a riffle in a shoot from the hip position. I am accurate with a handgun (pick a caliber higher then .22 (now wait for the .22ers to nail me...)) as I am with a tactical 12 gauge. So I suggested what I know.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Holy S**t! $860 and rising!

Hopefully Jim Carrey sees the auction.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

your all damn foreigners or descendents of damn foreigners in some ways or another

will say this, I am enjoying the rage coming from fox news against Jim Carrey, that in its self is truely priceless.

end of the day US gun culture in the modern society is pretty funny
when it comes to the world league murder rates are the highest in the most developed countries,

one reason the US is laughed at a lot around the world when it comes to Americans and their arguments to bare arms

The whole notion Its to stop home intruders is getting old as you are more likely to shoot a family member then an intruder, also people its not the old west anymore

I will admit a one thing though, as much as you want to Ban guns you wont get them off the streets, as shown most gangs buy weapons off the black market and in some cases will buy decommissioned and deactivated weapons and reactivate them.

end of the day US gun laws are to lax as any nut job can also legally obtain a firearm as shown over the last few years.

one final note, UK gun laws you can own rifles and guns but need a Class one firearms license which you can obtain by being in a shooting club (before someone comes in and says guns are banned in the UK)

Guns can only be used for recreational sports here.

also Edit: I get some reasons behind people wanting to keep their hand guns but for all things that sane
I can not get why anyone needs an assault rifle for home defense
edit on 27-3-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

not a problem man..........I do have to say i agree with just about everything you said in that last post for sure.....

I do enjoy bow hunting for sure.........and almost as much as the hunt , I like going up months before and scoping out the areas and establishing herds and trails.......

I like to keep the hunting as minimalist as possible, well except for the gun admittedly.........and a 4 wheeler or wench system.........because trying to get 400lbs of meat or more out of a valley up a steep incline is one HELL of a workout lol

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I just found it ironic that he is Canadian.

And, yes, many of us are foreigners if you want to be technical. But, personally, that is only partly true; I might not look the part, but, I have quite a bit of native American ancestry.

Laugh all you want about the second amendment; that's serious business on this side of the pond.

Maybe Americans think that Canadians passing ham off as bacon is ridiculous, but, that doesn't make it so and I would bet that they wouldn't care if people really had that opinion (seriously though... ham is not bacon..
).

Point is, Americans probably couldn't care less about that sentiment.

I will admit a one thing though, as much as you want to Ban guns you wont get them off the streets, as shown most gangs buy weapons off the black market and in some cases will buy decommissioned and deactivated weapons and reactivate them.

This is precisely why they should not be banned. We have a right to protect ourselves against those who don't follow the law.
edit on 27-3-2013 by daryllyn because: I do what I want.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by abeverage

not a problem man..........I do have to say i agree with just about everything you said in that last post for sure.....

I do enjoy bow hunting for sure.........and almost as much as the hunt , I like going up months before and scoping out the areas and establishing herds and trails.......

I like to keep the hunting as minimalist as possible, well except for the gun admittedly.........and a 4 wheeler or wench system.........because trying to get 400lbs of meat or more out of a valley up a steep incline is one HELL of a workout lol

I have gone with my brother (one of the best bow hunters I know) but I take a camera now, like I said I no longer hunt and unfortunately I never got into bow hunting that much.

Steep incline HAHA that reminds me
I do remember one year hitting a buck in the bottom of a draw and my Dad was like I told you to wait and see if I could flush them up closer, I argued with him and said I saw the shot and I took it! His reply....ok you pack it out! Back when we had horses before 4-wheelers were popular. Needless to say that was at 10 a.m and it took until nearly night fall to strip it, clean and quarter then drag it out...That was the 2nd reason I gave up hunting large game LOL

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Never met a Canadian who "thought ham was bacon"

?

Second amendment is Americas business, but that wont stop the rest of the world from thinking you guys are insanely gun-happy

cheers.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

'Twas a joke
Jim is Canadian.. and when I think Canada, I think 'Canadian' bacon.

And, I'm cool with being 'gun happy'. I don't expect the rest of the world to understand.

Serious question: Is there 'Canadian' bacon in Canada? My Mom works in sales for a big food distribution company and always brought it home when I was a kid..

edit on 27-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I recently saw a star-studded anti-gun commercial on the tv. I was stunned at how many big name actors/actresses were spewing the standard message demonizing guns and their owners. I wondered if they really felt that way or perhaps they just say what they're paid to say. Either way, I felt like they had to be knowingly chipping away at 2nd Amendment. Many I had respected as performers, but not this time.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The listing is gone now.

Sorry, the item 281083705945 does not appear to be a valid number on eBay.com. Please go back and try again.

I was checking to see if it had gone up any and poof..

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Originally posted by NavyDoc
You would? Why and how? A pistol is inherently less accurate than a long arm and a 9mm handgun round will actually penetrate further (FMJ) than a 5.56 round. Unlike hte movies, a shotgun does not spread out in a huge swath, you still have to aim it and a 25 yards, you are looking at a handsized pattern of buckshot. Both handgun rounds and bukshot can penetrate into the neighbor's house and kill people if you miss.

edit on 27-3-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

Ok OT You are right all can penetrate a neighbors house

Home invasion distances occur at less than 20 yards. So to save arguing I tell you what...use whatever you know best! And this advice is not to you NavyDoc but anyone with little or no experience who reads this. GET experience with a weapon and practice often! An AR-15 is useless if you don't know where the safety is or have never shot it!

I am not good or accurate at using a riffle in a shoot from the hip position. I am accurate with a handgun (pick a caliber higher then .22 (now wait for the .22ers to nail me...)) as I am with a tactical 12 gauge. So I suggested what I know.

I agree that anyone who owns a firearm, regardless what it is, must know hwo to use it, how it functions, and its safety mechanisms.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well there is "Back Bacon" in both the States and Canada. Good stuff, but it aint bacon.
bacon and guns are a good combo...btw

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
The listing is gone now.

Sorry, the item 281083705945 does not appear to be a valid number on eBay.com. Please go back and try again.

I was checking to see if it had gone up any and poof..

Yup! I see he reposted it and in the desciption it says he's selling for reasons he can't explain because it might be against ebay's terms and conditions

New eBay posting Link I hope he gets his gun.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
He's already getting a lot of page views so people must know what happened.

A couple of bids too...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I wonder how many people are unloading their Charleton Heston paraphernalia and use the money to give to people fighting for gun control measures? This guy thinks he's the first to come up with such an original idea? LOL You never do know.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I wonder if Jim Carrey's personal security and bodyguards carry weapons....

....If it turns out that Jim doesn't allow his bodyguards to carry guns, then I say let the man have his
opinion and voice it anyway he pleases....

but if he allows them to carry guns I say he is talking out of his.....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
reply to post by bodrul

Theres a reason your gene pool stayed over there on that island, thank you for not living in the USA and please remain there.

my gene pool started in Asia, thought i would correct you

edit:
as much as I would love to belittle your intelligence about the gene pool and gun rights
with some comical jokes I shall refrain

edit on 27-3-2013 by bodrul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join