It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man is selling his autographed Jim Carrey photo to buy glock

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Lol, I found this hilarious! Anybody interested in a signed Jim Carrey photo? Perhaps somebody wants to purchase it so that man can get the firearm he wants.

I’m thinking of getting the Glock G30S .45 ACP Pistol which retails for $640 U.S. Hopefully I can get at least that much for the autographed photo. If it sells for more than I’ll get a laser sight for it and take some gun safety classes and get my “concealed carry” permit.

I lost all respect for Mr. Carrey after he released his “Cold Dead Hands” video mocking responsible gun owners and Charlton Heston.

I believe in the 2nd Amendment and my rights shall not be infringed! From MY cold dead hands Mr. Carrey!

Good for him, I used to like Jim Carrey, but now he seems to be pushing an agenda, all because he had some "spiritual awakening" Carrey is demonizing the 2nd amendment, and I've lost all respect for him, as well as other "top" people who have allowed themselves to be used for an agenda.

Who knows, maybe Jim Carrey will buy the photo back himself since he's so self absorbed now.

Source

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He should be shot for just owning something like that.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
"I hate him lost all respect for him because he has different stance". lol

At least the collectible will go to someone who actually collects.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, I thought Jim was out of line with that video. He suggested that gun owners are compensating for small.. uh.. packages. And, was just really insulting to those who wish to exercise their second amendment rights.

Personally, I hope the man gets his glock, complete with the laser and the classes he wants.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Carrey's heart is in the right place but not his head.... another left-wing idealist.

This statistic alone should tell us all we need to know about the 'large magazine' issue:

In 2010 there were 358 murders involving rifles. Murders involving the use of handguns in the US that same year totaled 6,009
Gun violence in the United States

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

No, it is more like "I lost all respect for him due to his bigotry and wanting to force his beliefs on other people."

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

You can buy autographed photos of Jim Carrey for MUCH less....

www.ebay.com...

There are a bunch on ebay now and are all less.....He can probably buy a bb gun with the sale anyways, but a glock?? Not so much!!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Now THAT'S just funny. Good for that guy. The hypocrisy in Hollywierd never ends.

Jim can make movies about violence because after all, it's just fantasy right? We know the difference between reality and fantasy.

But the VIDEO games where you interact with pretend guns and giant explosions, that's too far.
Go after violent video game manufacturers. THERE'S your problem.

Carrey's stock has just gone down, so his autograph will be worth less.

A glock owner will probably just give him one, for such a funny offer.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No, it's not that. The point is he is using a position of power to demonize a right given to all US citizens. The video he created does not show gun owners in a good light. So he's using this to push anti freedom beliefs, but you an see it that way if you wish.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by eXia7

You can buy autographed photos of Jim Carrey for MUCH less....

www.ebay.com...

There are a bunch on ebay now and are all less.....He can probably buy a bb gun with the sale anyways, but a glock?? Not so much!!

Perhaps it depends on the photo, and a person's desire to own that particular one, but after Jim's little video, I don't think the re-sell on his autograph will be very high in the coming weeks.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Isn't he Canadian anyway?

Funny that foreigners are so critical of America and its constitution.

Maybe Jim and Piers can make a new video. It could be about people minding their own business.

*Disclaimer: that wasn't a stab at foreigners. It was a stab at foreigners who come here and then complain about the constitution.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Oh Jeez, forget the fact that he is not a USA citizen, he is a withering flower in Hollywood, AND he has empowered security around him at all times................HYPOCRITE......HYPOCRITE........HYPOCRITE
edit on 27-3-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Isn't he Canadian anyway?

Funny that foreigners are so critical of America and its constitution.

Maybe Jim and Piers can make a new video. It could be about people minding their own business.

*Disclaimer: that wasn't a stab at foreigners. It was a stab at foreigners who come here and then complain about the constitution.

Good point, it seems that foreign interests attempt to subvert the constitution at every chance they get. Be it a political leader, religious leader, or a Entertainer, in a lot of aspects, you can see the subversion through media as well. How they've adapted to using foreign news anchors/entertainers, then have them discuss radical anti American topics like it's normal.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
dontpostdontpostdontpost okay, I will post:

Another one of the old round of "touch my gun and you die, commie!". Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The bidding is up to $810.
Current bids

Looks like he'll get his Glock.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

So, it's ok for the seller to have an opinion on guns, but no one else can if it differs from his?

Wow, no wonder people tend to think of gun lovers as nuts, people like that idiot make it easy. It's a damn joke video, get over yourselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

No, it is more like "I lost all respect for him due to his bigotry and wanting to force his beliefs on other people."

Exactly, its not his stance on the issue that also made me lose respect for him, its the way he and many other anti gunners, try to get their message across.
Calling pro gun people, nutters, gun nuts, right wing wackos.
After the school shooting, there were even people calling for gun owners to be killed

Oh, the hypocrisy of the ignorant.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neysa
The bidding is up to $810.
Current bids

Looks like he'll get his Glock.

Looks like he might even get the lazer sight, gun saftey classes, and a CCL at this rate

I'm eager to see the final buyout.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

reply to post by eXia7

Interesting, only if Americans stop pushing their ideals on other worldly things lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by eXia7

So, it's ok for the seller to have an opinion on guns, but no one else can if it differs from his?

Wow, no wonder people tend to think of gun lovers as nuts, people like that idiot make it easy. It's a damn joke video, get over yourselves.

Thanks for your knee jerk reaction, but the point is the guy has an opinion, he's using his opinion to form action. He is getting rid of something he doesn't really care for to purchase something he can use. So the guy changed his opinion on carrey, so what, now he decided to get money off of somebody who likes to collect useless items.

Nobody is "nuts", you just like to slap labels on things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join