New Trend Surfacing - It's Politically Incorrect to Say the "J" Word Now.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by HIWATT

There are no "bad words", only bad intent. Just like there are no "bad guns", just bad intent.

Are your ears on fire?

By the way, using Jesus name in vain was meant for the people who always say "In the name of Jesus". They think they are being religiously pious the more they do it. That is the vanity. Another backwards paradigm bench mark.

Unless it's not vanity, but an expression of faith by those with much of it.

(But as we both said, it's a matter of intent/purpose/context.)

edit on 28-3-2013 by HIWATT because: add
edit on 28-3-2013 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
OMG -- because they bleeped Jesus on an annoying cable show, it's more proof of persecution of Christians.

Maybe the minimum wage intern who was staffed to do the bleeping thought that "jesus" was being used as a form of swear -- not in a religious sense.

You say Jesus all you want. I'll also point out when you have offended mighty Zeus.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Jesus is the Lord. There, I said it !

And, I believe it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Unless it's not vanity, but an expression of faith by those with much of it.

Respectfully, those with real faith don't need to express it so much.

Part of being "faithful" is also being humble. Humble people aren't overly expressive. There is no need to make a show of their faith, it is self evident by their actions. Those who have little faith however, are usually over expressing it.

Is that not so? Is not one of the tenets of faith how loudly proclaiming some church members are? Is that what Jesus meant about the woman who quietly put her few coins in the offering and the boaster who made a show of his Charity? Same thing about using Jesus name in vain (imo).

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's not necessarily a new trend. I recall watching one episode of Futurama a few years ago, where the professor says "Praise zombie Jesus" or something along that lines, and it censored Jesus.

It's just tv stations trying not to offend anyone at all over anything ever. Nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am so sick of this "political correctness"

This is just ridiculous! it's just a #ing word. some freedom of speech we have....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Certain words cannot be said yet sex and violence are perfectly fine...

I've noticed this on the Hallmark channel while watching Cheers - they'll bleep or silence someone saying "ass" or something equally as innocent and then when they cut to commercial, it's an ad for a fingertip vibrator.

Just insane.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This just go's to show how completely overrun this nation has become by evil and it's human followers.
They hate Jesus Christ and his Children, they hate his word they hate his kingdom, they want every one Not to think about Jesus so much so that the evil colloboraters of this show when they heard the name ''Jesus' Because they are deeply possessed ,oppressed,abused,haunted, individuals, it actualy upset all the evil spirits they have with them, and it messes up their ''vibe''. So keep in mind this is how powerfull the name of Christ is with even a modicom of faith, even a thimble full.
And when They hear his name it reminded's them of why it is they hate Christ, and that is because they are sold out souless sell out's who at the end of the day have sold themself out, the people who love them out, and all of their fan whom they loath.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumGRYFox
This just go's to show how completely overrun this nation has become by evil and it's human followers.
They hate Jesus Christ and his Children, they hate his word they hate his kingdom, they want every one Not to think about Jesus so much so that the evil colloboraters of this show when they heard the name ''Jesus'
It seems to be that you have it backwards. America is still a pretty much God-fearin', church going country, and I think this 'censorship' is not PC, rather it is cutting the use of the Lord's name in vain, as it were. Some stations require such for their market audiences, and cuts are made accordingly. Now I'd be cussing up a storm if they tried that with my HBO...but I believe that folks should have some assurance that if they tune in to a particular show or station, they should not have their sensibilities offended.

I believe in rating programming...not censorship. (you know, within legal limits, of course)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Actually using Jesus' name in vain and blasphemy is very insulting for many people of the Christian faith.

In my childhood home I could say.' bloody' 'bugger' even sometimes '#' but if I ever said Jesus like that I would be immediately told that it was NOT acceptable[ by my father]. That was in the 70s and 80s, so i think OP this has nothing whatsoever to do with the polictially correvt agenda.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
lol all this stress over the name of some one who probably never even existed.

Anyway the 10 commandments only mentioned taking the Lords name in vain. I don't believe God said anything about his son.

edit on 28-3-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I personally don't like to use or hear the Lords name in vein, its my belief and conviction not to.

However I did not see the show so I can not say this is a a factual statement but there may be chance she was joking or poking fun at. That last reference I have heard that someone thanking "baby Jesus" was in the movie Talladega Nights. The very word Jesus has now moved beyond its traditional use in media as a slang or curse word. It has now become politically incorrect to use that word at all in any public venue. Even Christians that pray in Jesus name are forbid to use it in their own prayers for fear of insulting others. So much for freedom of religion..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by starfoxxx

I don't think if it was Jesus she said, that she was using His name in vain. I also thought that rule only referred to God, not Jesus. The cuss words would be doing that, but not saying a silent prayer.

Do you have a video clip of this we might watch?

People say Jesus on TV all the time. I've never seen it censored.
However I do see God and Jesus being phased out, like with Christmas being taken out of the stores at Christmas time and greeting cards not mentioning Christ.

Sorry , no video. I just happened to catch the end of the program. Like I said, it gets me stressed to watch Hell's Kitchen, it was unusual that I even caught that.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by pacifier2012
reply to post by stumason

They won't censor Jesus as a swear word, just as a reference to him as a spiritual being of significance to people.

Swear away, it won't be censored.

BINGO!

Everyone is assuming that she must have been censored because she was "using God's name in vain", when in actuality, it's because she wasn't

(It's Easter tomorrow after all...)

edit: to anyone who thinks this isn't the case. you only have to look at a show like South Park. If this were really about holding the name of Jesus in some kind of reverence then you wouldn't have a show like South Park where Jesus is portrayed in all manner of ridiculous, denigrating, and insulting ways.

edit on 28-3-2013 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

Good observation. I wasn't even thinking about all those adult cartoons that trash the name of "J". Star for you.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Jesus! I can't believe I clicked this link! I thought the J word was Jigaboo.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanitus
Jesus! I can't believe I clicked this link! I thought the J word was Jigaboo.

LOL, I haven't even heard that slur in ages! HA HA

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The lengths some people will go to so they can feel persecuted.

Doesn't matter what logical explanation is given...it seems the OP and others in this thread are hell bent on wanting to feel persecuted.

So go ahead...it's a Christian tradition.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman
Even Christians that pray in Jesus name are forbid to use it in their own prayers for fear of insulting others. So much for freedom of religion..

Well, if they aren't praying to Jesus, who are they praying too? Kind of makes you think.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
The lengths some people will go to so they can feel persecuted.

Doesn't matter what logical explanation is given...it seems the OP and others in this thread are hell bent on wanting to feel persecuted.

So go ahead...it's a Christian tradition.

I don't feel persecuted by this, I said it was a new trend surfacing in the media. My goat is still were you will not find it xedocodex.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hey Johnny,

Do you chop down trees, wear high heels, suspendies and a bra?
Do you wish you'd been a girlie, Just like your dear papa?

Just messing with you. I'm a big Python fan and like your av. I was big on Monthy Python, the Goodies and Dr. Who when I lived in Detroit, long before most people in the states even heard of them.

ETA: Yeah, off topic, but I just had too!
edit on 28-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join