It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trend Surfacing - It's Politically Incorrect to Say the "J" Word Now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
People that would follow that are people who make fun of people who mirror what they actually are.

Meaning they are trying to fit in. They make fun of someone they consider a loser. But if they are trying to fit in aren't they themself a loser?

Think about that!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What about Christ? Sneezes Christ?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
jesus is a regular name... have fun censoring it... when I read the title I thought you mean "Jew", because in Germany you already have to be carefull how to use this... even though I am born in the 80s, I still have to be careful when and how to use it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am having a hard time imagining Gordon Ramsay being censored at all, much less anything else! It must have sounded like a Morse code transmission! Here in the UK, we don't have swear words (or even Jebus) being censored, for the most part. Any programme with swearing/violence/sex etc is put on after the watershed and pretty much anything goes.

Whilst on the subject of censorship, I was wandering the other day if you guys have the TV show Spartacus? If you censor Hells Kitchen, I dread to think what you guys make of this show! Personally, I think it is awesome but they have full frontal nudity, gory violence and frequent swearing of the most crude kind...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Oh wow!! Is this what's been happening lately?

I remember like movies and tv in the 70's, 80's and 90's were sayings g.d. in every sentence.

I don't think censoring "Jesus" is for out of respect for Christian beliefs or any other. I think its more about Jesus was a Christian and Christianity can be religious or religion. The world probably doesn't need or want to hear it.

Its the "don't preach me your beliefs" thinking.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Reminded me of this from Little Britain-

Little Britain: Baby Jesus

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
"J' Leno.

???

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

They won't censor Jesus as a swear word, just as a reference to him as a spiritual being of significance to people.

Swear away, it won't be censored.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This was all foretold around 2,000 years ago.....

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Maybe they were bleeping the inane idea a baby deity was taking an interest in their reality TV "efforts."

Maybe they should have bleeped the whole bleeping thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I am not an anti-Semite. I think Israel should exist and I think they are probably the only nation on earth who has a legitimate argument for possessing nuclear weapons. I enjoy the occasional bagel with cream cheese. I have ex-Jewish friends. But . . . .

This being ATS, a conspiracy site, I am wondering if this attempt to censor the name Jesus derives from the Jewish practice of not naming God and is yet another indicator that Howard Stern is not the only Jew in the media. Just speculating.

Shalom.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I think it's automatic sensoring. The word "Jesus" can be used as a swera, so it's on the list. It must be going thru some computer program that sensors. Unlike morning talk shows that allow Tom Hanks to use the F-bomb unsensored, and I like Tom, just using it as an example. I suppose the sensoring machine isn't 'ON" all the time.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Caterminator

SWEAR....not swera....Jesus

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. It goes beyond political correctness, and violently intrudes into the territory of idiotic. We are talking about the name Jesus right? Either that, or Jew, which is what I thought this thread was going to be about...Either way, still ridiculous. This is a name we are talking about. How does anyone get offended by a name? What kind of person do you have to be not only to get offended by a name, but to be so insecure in your own beliefs that you cannot stand to hear ANYTHING regarding the beliefs of others without freaking out and whining?

Things are just getting way out of hand. The truth is that there are just too many stupid people. There are ignorant people, which basically just means they do not know what they are talking about regarding certain things. One can remedy this. But stupidity, and I am not talking about scholastically, but in general. Failing math does not make one stupid. What makes one stupid is bias, bigotry, and intolerance. People like this do so much to undermine our society, yet it may not be obvious. I mean just look at the fits that some parents throw over trivial things that happen in their child's school.

There are things that should be addressed, and there are things that should be overlooked. Someone who has common sense will know the difference. Common sense is usually relative, but in this case I say common sense is just being a decent person. Our society has given in to these people, and why? I think I know...

These are the only people who complain, and they complain constantly. Those in positions of power think that this is what people want, but this is not true. The ones who are content and sensible do not complain. Those who are not do complain. If it is not broken, do not fix it. But since the whiners are the only ones who are fighting, they get their way. What are the sensible people supposed to do? Are we supposed to fight for every single decent thing to stay how it is, just in case the morons start complaining in the future?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I am having a hard time imagining Gordon Ramsay being censored at all, much less anything else! It must have sounded like a Morse code transmission! Here in the UK, we don't have swear words (or even Jebus) being censored, for the most part. Any programme with swearing/violence/sex etc is put on after the watershed and pretty much anything goes.

Whilst on the subject of censorship, I was wandering the other day if you guys have the TV show Spartacus? If you censor Hells Kitchen, I dread to think what you guys make of this show! Personally, I think it is awesome but they have full frontal nudity, gory violence and frequent swearing of the most crude kind...

Morse code transmission.. Yep, that's what it sounds like. I've caught bits of it while channel surfing, if it comes in on an American channel, you can't understand much of it.

There are shows that are very hard to follow if they come in on those channels.
I never could understand this "freedom" of speech that Americans speak of, when so many words are censored.

I preferr British tv for this reason.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

I don't think if it was Jesus she said, that she was using His name in vain. I also thought that rule only referred to God, not Jesus. The cuss words would be doing that, but not saying a silent prayer.

Do you have a video clip of this we might watch?

People say Jesus on TV all the time. I've never seen it censored.
However I do see God and Jesus being phased out, like with Christmas being taken out of the stores at Christmas time and greeting cards not mentioning Christ.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think it was Sherri Shepard(sp?) that said "thank you Jesus" on Dancing with the Stars. They didn't bleep it. Sheldon Cooper has said the same thing on occasion. Karen on Will and Grace made several mentions of the name, but I can see where the context may have been offensive in those cases. I think adding the "baby" might be offensive to some, for whatever reason. I don't see a real trend toward censoring the name.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

Originally posted by TriForce

Ive said for a long time that there is an attack on christianity, for whatever reason.
Im not even a religious person and ive noticed it.

I don't want to go as far and say this is an attack on Christianity, but over the top political correctness.

Actually, it's an attack on Christianity by way of political correctness.

Also known as "Liberalism", also known as "COMMUNISM"

Don't fool yourself. This is done purposefully. Christianity in the United States must be eliminated in order for Communism to thrive.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
reply to post by stumason

They won't censor Jesus as a swear word, just as a reference to him as a spiritual being of significance to people.

Swear away, it won't be censored.

BINGO!

Everyone is assuming that she must have been censored because she was "using God's name in vain", when in actuality, it's because she wasn't

(It's Easter tomorrow after all...)

edit: to anyone who thinks this isn't the case. you only have to look at a show like South Park. If this were really about holding the name of Jesus in some kind of reverence then you wouldn't have a show like South Park where Jesus is portrayed in all manner of ridiculous, denigrating, and insulting ways.

edit on 28-3-2013 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

There are no "bad words", only bad intent. Just like there are no "bad guns", just bad intent.

Are your ears on fire?

By the way, using Jesus name in vain was meant for the people who always say "In the name of Jesus". They think they are being religiously pious the more they do it. That is the vanity. Another backwards paradigm bench mark.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join