It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trend Surfacing - It's Politically Incorrect to Say the "J" Word Now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Jesus Christ are you ever 100% correct on that one. There is NO word which is inherently bad, including so-called ethnic "slurs". It is entirely in the spirit in which something is said. If I pointed at you and angrily said "You're just a grapefruit! Who cares what a grapefruit has to say?" that doesn't suddenly mean anyone in their right mind should start referring to grapefruit as the "G-word".

People are far too sensitive. Furthermore, for a supposedly selfish, self centered, me-first society we sure do have a lot of fools out there who trip all over themselves trying to show how sensitive they are by not even thinking one of the "banned words", let alone speaking one of them. Try living for one full day without a governor on your brain and mouth... it's actually pretty damn liberating and by taking all the power out of the supposed BAD WORDS, you find them to be just what they are... words. Nothing more, nothing less.

People have been coddled to the point that they are now a bunch of whiners. And, it will only get worse.

The up and coming generation, scares the crap out of me.

Everyone gets a trophy.
Everybody wins.
Everyone is special.

If I am watching a show (which is rare, as I don't usually watch tv) and they say something that offends me, I just change the channel and watch something that doesn't offend my 'sensibilities'.

I mean seriously, these people are watching Hell's Kitchen and they are offended by the J-word? Please.

People just want something new to bitch about.

And, you better watch it. You said the J-word. They might be coming for you. *cue scary music*

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I already knew that America is so PC that sometimes I want to vomit, but then there is actually a real danger with that too.

If they start censoring (because, yes, that's what it is: Censorship) "Jesus", which was obviously not even said in a "insulting" or bad tone...then the question is when they will start censoring (or banning) other stuff, for example:

* They could censor and ban any Vampire show and movie since it might be against someone's belief.
* They could censor and ban horror movies or start thinking twice before they air anything which could "offend" any Christians...

Because censorship and PC is something creeping, it starts on a small scale, people get "used" to the censorship and find it "normal" because they are getting conditioned, slowly, but steadily.

It's already extreme in the states with censorship of harmless nudity and censorship of things like "Christmas" in the media or at work. Not that I am practicing Christian, but why we in our Western world should sacrifice OUR holidays for the sake of a few muslim etc. immigrants is BEYOND ME. Censoring "oh my XXX!" or "thank god J****!!" is just another step, but not surprising really.
edit on 27-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
And, you better watch it. You said the J-word. They might be coming for you. *cue scary music*

One fundamental human freedom is the freedom to be offended at whatever the individual finds offensive.
The problem is this concept has been bastardized to remove the onus of responsibility from the individual and shift it to the multitudes by perverting it into "I should have freedom from being offended by anything which offends me."

Obviously common sense and common decency plays a factor here. No respectful person is going to want to walk up to a midget and say "Hey, look at the dwarf!" That said, if somebody feels like tossing the word around, that's their perogative... just as it is the perogative of those who are offended to take offense at it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
yeah but "thank you jesus" has become a slang in an of itself. a cliche term.
that is technically blasphemous lol.
To really be thanking jesus for any and all things, is blasphemous as if anyone should be thanked it should be god.
Jesus served only 1 purpose, and hasnt served any other since.

As an athiest though, i prefer to thank myself for things

edit on 27-3-2013 by Bisman because: spelled atheist wrong lol

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for all the great replies everyone. To think, I almost didn't post this one.

I should make a bumper sticker that reads, "Jesus is not a bad word." Sounds like it could go viral.

ETA: Just thinking that we can still say, "God bless you" when someone sneezes, or is that too offensive as well?
edit on 27-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line.

edit on 27-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

Just added that to my signature.
edit on 27-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added another line

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The very last name that Jewish studios, Jewish directors, Jewish screenwriters and Jewish actors disguised under changed names ever want to hear or speak is Jesus Christ. And shamefully, after 5 decades of their indoctrination through speaking images speaking their satanic (adversarial) doctrines, neither do many in our nation. We are too busy learning their Kabalah and Talmud which is preached through the same media. You are what you eat.

"I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him." John 5:43

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Lets not forget that TPTB only PRETEND to be Jews...

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Rev. 2:9

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Rev. 3:9

"He exposed the synagogue of Satan (Rev. 2:9; 3:9) he denounced those who belonged to it as sons of the devil (Lucifer), whom he castigated as the father of lies (John 8:44) and the prince of deceit (2 Cor. 11:14). He was specific in his statement that those who comprised the synagogue of Satan were those who called themselves Jews, but were not, and did lie (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). He identified the Money-Changers (Bankers) the Scribes, and the Pharisees as the Illuminati of his day.

Illuminati Roots

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

"Is Lucifer the God of Judaism?"
www.henrymakow.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wow!

Inult the sheep got banned for those last two comments. I really wonder what he said.

I feel bad, I never expected someone to react to the point of being banned!

ETA: I never intended to get people worked up enough to get themselves banned. Please don't think that this was my intention.
edit on 27-3-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
lol Could it be true the fictional story is on its way out , It's about time !

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
reply to post by 1MrMarc

The earliest icons of "J" were the shepherd and he was depicted as a beardless youth. I'll agree with the man part mostly.

I know I was using the Taledaga Nights reference, which I believe she was also.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's terrible how censorship creeps up on us. I mean, to think that some people don't want to hear or see certain words is unthinkable! They should be exposed to everything out there!!!

Some examples of things that crept up on us in the past:
Civil Rights
Technology: Machines, Computers...
Life Expectancy
Multi-Culturalism
Gender Equality

Those are soooo bad!!! They got to stop censoring the media so that we can see all the curse words and violent scenes and sex scenes and so on. It'll be a much better world then.

They can start by not putting ratings on TV shows and movies and games. That's silly. Our kids should be able to see what they want to. Let them decide. THE CENSORSHIP MUST STOP.

FIGHT CENSORSHIP NOW!
edit on 27-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I started reading the OP and couldn't work out what the 'J' word was. I had just about convinced myself it was Jew when I read it was Jesus. I think we need to start using other phrases like, Thanks be to Odin or Zeus or my favorite, Thor.

PC is bloody stupid.

P

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I should have foreseen this coming, but it really floored me. I guess I should be used to getting blindsided like this.

Last night I happened to tune into "Hell's Kitchen" (aptly named after what I saw) and caught the end of it. I usually don't like watching that show because it gets me stressed to watch Chief Ramses being so abusive to the contestants, every other word he uses is censored because he is swearing at everyone constantly.

Well, they pulled one woman off the show and then had another woman, who was nearly booted, make a statement. She said that she really dodged a bullet in that round and then she looked up and said, "Thank you Baby (censor beep)."

I can usually fill the blank pretty easy with a swear word, as the censors are sure to give you the sound of the first letter of the censored word, but this word was completely censored. Can anyone guess what the offensive word was that the producers censored? How soon before it is bad language to say the "J" word in public?

OK, it was a personal decision by the network or the show's producers to censor such a controversial word, but I suspect that this is a rising trend here in the U.S. if they are willing to censor it, certainly one I never expected.

I have to say this, as a personal and public statement, "Jesus" is not a bad word!

Leave it to the media to spearhead such an agenda as making something good evil and evil good.

Watch out people, very soon you will be unable to say the "J" word in public anymore.

Phew for a min I thought you ment the j word.... J.. as in jobby

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Acts 4:10-12 tell us that salvation can only be found in the name of jesus...

i never understood the taking his name in vain thing, i mean, isn't it a form of prayer? like "jesus!(help me) i can't cook salmon, ramsay will give me a bollocking!", or "you are so flipping annoying! jesus!(give me the strength to tolerate this imbecile so i do not hit him)"...

"you shall not take the name of the lord your god in vain, for the lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain" (deuteronomy 5:11)

taking the lord's name in vain i think would be more accurately described as using his name as justification for unholy behaviour.

saying "jesus!" or "oh my god!" out of frustration is merely a more spiritual "oh bugger i screwed up now what the hell am i gonna do?" and i reckon it's overstepping the bounds of reason to consider it a sin to be asked forgiveness for..
edit on 27-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Holy M. If they censor J we'll all be up S without a K. All our G's will be R and we'll be ruing T for ever and no one will C

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I've noticed, watching satellite tv, that British tv censors the least, and the US censors the most. Canada is somewhere in the middle. It depends on the channel. Some channels don't censor at all.

But to censor Jesus?

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by starfoxxx
Really the only curse words there are is G D and saying the lords name in vain.. Others are just words.
I guess you haven't been to Quebec lately.

Or anywhere else in Canada.
We tend to give Jesus a middle name as well.
We're a blasphemous bunch up here

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I sucked on a bar of soap more than once for saying gees O Cripes. I guess my parents didn't like me saying anything even remotely similar that could be misconstrued. I guess this has been an issue for a long long time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join