It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Translator says...about Assam Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf
In a nutshell:

Thanks, dcgolf, on behalf of everyone who, like me, just stumbled onto this thread and were left asking, "WTF?"

Bizarre story.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

In a nutshell:

HarmoniusOne said that their daughter had a friend who said that the official translation of the Assam Video was not correct. This translator used to be in the "Royal Guard" of the Iraqi army before he escaped to the safety of US troops. He was then moved to a refugee camp in Saudi Arabia where these refugees could apply to be moved to other countries.

At this camp, they would call the refugees up to a board so they could see if they were accepted. Sometimes, however, for no reason the soldiers would just shoot the refugees instead.

That being said....Feel free to U2U me for further info. But please lets let this thred die. Or if a mod reads this....can it be deleted for safety's sake. I should probably not have posted this info in the first place. Just wanted to get the info out there.

The translator made it to America, married, and had two children. Once he mentioned the "false" translation, he feared for his life. His stories so wigged out HarmoniusOne's daughter that she quit her job and is heading back to the Northwest.

Ali was already afraid because he witnessed the things that happened over there. He told us what information he had because he loves the people he has met in America and wanted to help. My daughter already lived in the pacific northwest. She just came home so that if anything did happen in this country we would be together. The things Ali saw in the Assam tape were just the final straw.

HarmoniusOne then mentioned something about the OBL tape and that that translation was incorrect also.

Actually, the only thing he said that was wrong with the parts of the translation that were publicized was in reference to the term "states". It was being said that "states" refered to nations or other nations including the US. Ali said that the Aribic term used by OBL was ONLY used to refer to the individual states in the US. That this was a reference to the election.

In my honest opinion, I believe this translator is a fraud (notice I did not say HarmoniusOne) for these reasons:

1) Wasn't the video of Assam the American in English?
Most of the Assam tape was in english but there were banners and parts not overly publicized that were in Arabic.

2) I do not recall a Royal Guard in the Iraqi Army. I do, however, remember a Republican Guard. You would think someone in the guard would know the difference. And please don't claim that the translation might be different. If it were, how could we trust the original translation to begin with? (If I'm wrong about the Royal Guard, then disregard this point)
Honestly, I don't know for sure about this but I thought there was a portion of the army that was called the Royal Guard. It was a part of the Republican Guard but were closer to the royal family.

3) Why would soliders shoot some refugees point blank but yet others live and then come to our country? This makes no sense. Why allow a survivor to come here and tell the story? I'm not claiming that this abuse didn't happen, but if it did, the survivors would not be allowed to come here and start new lives with the chance to tell.
Really, why would the soldiers be that worried about it? Most people wouldn' believe such a story and the ones who would believe would probably post on a forum like this but other than that....nothing would happen.

I believe you may have been misled.

It is entirely possible that I could be mislead simply because I dont speak Arabic and therefore can not verify this information myself. But then if I could we wouldn't need a translator would we? I don't however believe Ali would lie to his wife, their children, his best friend, my daughter who is his wife's best friend or me. I just can't see why he would.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wasn't sure myself about the royal guard. I thought they were called the Special Republican Guard. I searched the Global Security site and found what I was looking for. There is no royal guard listed; but then again, they could have called themselves that?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
, the post was deleted; now I'll never know...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Now that the cat is out of the bag, why not generalize what the threat is? If you have knowledge, why not share it with the rest of us? Is Ali's life more important than hundreds if not thousands of ours. If Ali is as gracious as you make him out to be, I'm sure he would gladly risk his life to save many more.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Now that the cat is out of the bag, why not generalize what the threat is? If you have knowledge, why not share it with the rest of us? Is Ali's life more important than hundreds if not thousands of ours. If Ali is as gracious as you make him out to be, I'm sure he would gladly risk his life to save many more.

I am with him... is there something we may need to worry about if we live in Washington State? I am not a big fan of radiation poisoning or planes plowing into me.

Thanks for any info.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
He may be willing to risk his life...I'm not. I did post all I knew and then Ali was called to a meeting with some govt agency. I'm pretty sure it is not related to this because I think if it was they would have just pounded on his door and took him in, but I didn't want to risk making things worse for him. I'm hoping he calls me when its over though. The reason I deleted the posts was because I left his real name in one of the posts I made by mistake. That, combined with all the other information might make him too easy to find. Basically, he was saying that the Assam tape had the same info (in the Arabic parts) about the election as was in the OBL tape, which would conclusively connect them, and prove a cover up by the govt agencies who translated it. I thought now that the information was gone people would lose interest and the thread would go away. But I guess it doesn't really matter now that the info is gone. As I said, I will gladly U2U any info I get about any new videos released by OBL. I am saving the names of those who send me a U2U and request info so that I can flollow through. I sincerely hope there are no more tapes and no further need for a translator. I have passed on all the well wishes from various members to Ali.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This woman is very wise and knows what shes talking about
Don't pass this over, listen to her.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
He may be willing to risk his life...I'm not. I did post all I knew and then Ali was called to a meeting with some govt agency. I'm pretty sure it is not related to this because I think if it was they would have just pounded on his door and took him in, but I didn't want to risk making things worse for him. I'm hoping he calls me when its over though. The reason I deleted the posts was because I left his real name in one of the posts I made by mistake. That, combined with all the other information might make him too easy to find. Basically, he was saying that the Assam tape had the same info (in the Arabic parts) about the election as was in the OBL tape, which would conclusively connect them, and prove a cover up by the govt agencies who translated it. I thought now that the information was gone people would lose interest and the thread would go away. But I guess it doesn't really matter now that the info is gone. As I said, I will gladly U2U any info I get about any new videos released by OBL. I am saving the names of those who send me a U2U and request info so that I can flollow through. I sincerely hope there are no more tapes and no further need for a translator. I have passed on all the well wishes from various members to Ali.

Would he really go by his real name if he thought he was in trouble? How much of the Assam tape was in Arabic? Not so much that there could have been confusion as to the translation. You say the Assam tape (the Arabic parts) had the same information as the OBL tape that would prove a government cover up. Again, I ask, did you or your translater view the enitre OBL tape? From what I understand, only the transcript has been released, not the tape. It's tough to say the translation is wrong if the entire tape has not been shown.

You also mention his real name. If you releasing it here on ATS would put him in danger, he would already be dead. He is pulling your leg, or you are pulling ours.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Would he really go by his real name if he thought he was in trouble? How much of the Assam tape was in Arabic? Not so much that there could have been confusion as to the translation. You say the Assam tape (the Arabic parts) had the same information as the OBL tape that would prove a government cover up. Again, I ask, did you or your translater view the enitre OBL tape? From what I understand, only the transcript has been released, not the tape. It's tough to say the translation is wrong if the entire tape has not been shown.

You also mention his real name. If you releasing it here on ATS would put him in danger, he would already be dead. He is pulling your leg, or you are pulling ours.

His real name? Of course we know his real name. He is the husband of my daughter's best friend. I accidently used his real name which is not Ali. That's why I deleted stuff.

Small portions of the Assam tape were in Arabic, but the scrolling banner at the bottom was in Arabic. Keep in mind that in the US only parts were released. He has Arabic television like Al Jazeera and others plus there are thousands of Arabic only websites.

Pulling your leg? I haven't pulled anyone's leg here at ATS except in the WotW tribute when I was confident people would figure it out. I have watched ATSers methodically disect every piece of information that comes their way. I think anyone who would inentionally post false or misleading info here isn't very bright. Honestly I am smarter than that.
I thought I was doing people a favor. Maybe I was wrong.

[edit on 11/5/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I can tell you that she is not pulling our leg. I also doubt her daughters friend is either.

Now I know you guys are very skeptic of stuff, but you guys won't even give people a chance anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   

His real name? Of course we know his real name. He is the husband of my daughter's best friend. I accidently used his real name which is not Ali. That's why I deleted stuff.

Small portions of the Assam tape were in Arabic, but the scrolling banner at the bottom was in Arabic. Keep in mind that in the US only parts were released. He has Arabic television like Al Jazeera and others plus there are thousands of Arabic only websites.

Pulling your leg? I haven't pulled anyone's leg here at ATS except in the WotW tribute when I was confident people would figure it out. I have watched ATSers methodically disect every piece of information that comes their way. I think anyone who would inentionally post false or misleading info here isn't very bright. Honestly I am smarter than that.
I thought I was doing people a favor. Maybe I was wrong.

[edit on 11/5/04 by HarmoniusOne]

I think you were wrong. You say, "Small portions of the Assam tape were in Arabic, but the scrolling banner at the bottom was in Arabic. Keep in mind that in the US only parts were released. He has Arabic television like Al Jazeera and others plus there are thousands of Arabic only websites."

How much of the tape is in Arabic? If it is so small, why would there only be a select few who could analyze it correctly like your friend? If it were so secret that only your friend could hear it, how did a former "Royal Guard" member become the only one in the public US population hear it? It just doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I think you were wrong. You say, "Small portions of the Assam tape were in Arabic, but the scrolling banner at the bottom was in Arabic. Keep in mind that in the US only parts were released. He has Arabic television like Al Jazeera and others plus there are thousands of Arabic only websites."

How much of the tape is in Arabic? If it is so small, why would there only be a select few who could analyze it correctly like your friend? If it were so secret that only your friend could hear it, how did a former "Royal Guard" member become the only one in the public US population hear it? It just doesn't make sense.

Do you work for the government? This isn't that difficult.... No one said he was the only one to hear it / read it. Not all of the video was played here in the states. The parts that were played here may have been translated absolutley correctly. No one said they weren't. (Although if you look at how many translations of the OBL tape there were, it wouldn't surprise me if the translators would have different opinions about exactly what it said.) I'll tell you what....You show me a translation of the Arabic parts of the Assam tape. The whole thing. Show all of us that it doesn't say exactly what Ali said it did. I think you are just arguing to argue. And I for one, am not interested in arguing. Just in finding the truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You show me a translation of the Arabic parts of the Assam tape. The whole thing. Show all of us that it doesn't say exactly what Ali said it did.

Show us something to prove Ali's translations. Show us anything to prove your claims. You seem to post frequently for someone who isn't going to post anymore to protect the innocent.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I thought now that the information was gone people would lose interest and the thread would go away. But I guess it doesn't really matter now that the info is gone.

As I said earlier...I don't think it matters now that the info is gone. I don't see any point in arguing about this as I have also said. I already posted the only evidence I had, unfortunatly....I blew it and had to delete it. You are a very persistent person. I admire that quality. Take caare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join