It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Translator says...about Assam Video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Post deleted for safety.

[edit on 11/4/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'll post the question that is uppermost in my mind -- where did your daughter live and work -- I want to be sure not to be going there any time soon I guess from what I am picking up from what you are saying.

jm

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Post deleted for safety.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Post deleted for safety.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Post deleted for safety.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm sitting here in Idaho wishing I was back in Vegas right now(abit to close to washington state).
Please keep us informed as to any updates with Ali

Wow.......I'm speechless...

Q

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just an interjection...

As far as these "coalition death camps" are concerned... Saddam's thugs committed uncountable atrocities to the populace for many years. Any scars and stories would be far more likely from the former regime than any coalition activity.

Not saying it isn't possible, just giving another viewpoint...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So any more info harmoniousone?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Good Show tell ali we are proud of him for his effort....not to many Iraqi people would be willing to help....kutos to ALI

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I had hoped to find a update to this thread
I hope all is well with Ali and your family.

The story is a intriging one and hope to see a update soon.

Enigma

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Post deleted for safety.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Post deleted for safety.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
He has a right to be nervous. After the first Gulf war, which I believe Ali fled from, massive amounts of Iraqi refugees were indeed filing for host nations. infiltrated within some of these were members of Iraqi intelegence. It is believed that some of these operatives were in the location of the OKC bombing.

This is not an indictment of Ali or a question of his motives but the Govt was aware that some Iraqi refugees had less than honorable motives for coming to this country. If he did indeed lie about his afiliation with the republican gaurd or what ever his unit was then that is grounds for deportation. I know it sucks but Ararb imigrants now more than ever are being scrutinized heavily.

If you care for Ali then don't go posting chat room conversations with his real name in them. That is highly immoral since he specificly asked you not to.

Word to the wise stay out of this.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne

Later, Ali confirmed the translation on Al Jazeera's site but said that they left out parts about OBL wanting to bankrupt the US. Something about "countries using war and terrorist attacks to bankrupt other countries. If it worked there it should work on the US." I explained to Ali that some are argueing that the term "states" could have been used to imply nations, meaning the US and others. He said, "Absolutely not! The word used by OBL is ONLY used in reference to the US and its individual states." So far that's it but I told him about the possibility of a new OBL tape and he is willing to translate for us. I passed along your comments to him and he said, "It is the least I can do for the people who helped me escape the Royal Guard and meet my wife. You are welcome"

[edit on 11/3/04 by HarmoniusOne]

When did Ali talk about the parts that Al Jazeera left out?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   

If you care for Ali then don't go posting chat room conversations with his real name in them. That is highly immoral since he specificly asked you not to. Word to the wise stay out of this.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't re-read the whole thing before I posted it and only replaced the parts that had his first name. I forgot about discussion of his family name. I did call and let him know. He too thanked you for pointing this out. I have been trying to decide what to do about this thread.....

Edit....

I blew it when I posted a transcript of an IM log. I left in Ali's real name in several places. So for his safety, all posts made my me have been deleted and no further posts about Ali will be made. If I get any information about future tapes/translations I will U2U any who request it. Sorry about this guys but safety has to be top priorty here.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
and Ali for the effort to inform us all...I hope his valuable information can be dispersed with saftey in the future.

Sincere regards,

Enigma

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne

If you care for Ali then don't go posting chat room conversations with his real name in them. That is highly immoral since he specificly asked you not to. Word to the wise stay out of this.

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't re-read the whole thing before I posted it and only replaced the parts that had his first name. I forgot about discussion of his family name. I did call and let him know. He too thanked you for pointing this out. I have been trying to decide what to do about this thread.....

Edit....

I blew it when I posted a transcript of an IM log. I left in Ali's real name in several places. So for his safety, all posts made my me have been deleted and no further posts about Ali will be made. If I get any information about future tapes/translations I will U2U any who request it. Sorry about this guys but safety has to be top priorty here.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Can someone U2U some details here that were edited out? I caught this one too late I guess but I'd like to get up to date on things like why his daughter quit her job and went home.

Any details appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It was Harmonious daughter who quit and went home to mom.

There was really nothing more to it then what you proably heard already on the news.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I know the who; I was interested in the why. If nothing more than what was discussed elsewhere than why this thread and the edited posts with deleted content?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
In a nutshell:

HarmoniusOne said that their daughter had a friend who said that the official translation of the Assam Video was not correct. This translator used to be in the "Royal Guard" of the Iraqi army before he escaped to the safety of US troops. He was then moved to a refugee camp in Saudi Arabia where these refugees could apply to be moved to other countries.

At this camp, they would call the refugees up to a board so they could see if they were accepted. Sometimes, however, for no reason the soldiers would just shoot the refugees instead.

The translator made it to America, married, and had two children. Once he mentioned the "false" translation, he feared for his life. His stories so wigged out HarmoniusOne's daughter that she quit her job and is heading back to the Northwest.

HarmoniusOne then mentioned something about the OBL tape and that that translation was incorrect also.

In my honest opinion, I believe this translator is a fraud (notice I did not say HarmoniusOne) for these reasons:

1) Wasn't the video of Assam the American in English?

2) I do not recall a Royal Guard in the Iraqi Army. I do, however, remember a Republican Guard. You would think someone in the guard would know the difference. And please don't claim that the translation might be different. If it were, how could we trust the original translation to begin with? (If I'm wrong about the Royal Guard, then disregard this point)

3) Why would soliders shoot some refugees point blank but yet others live and then come to our country? This makes no sense. Why allow a survivor to come here and tell the story? I'm not claiming that this abuse didn't happen, but if it did, the survivors would not be allowed to come here and start new lives with the chance to tell.

3) Is this translator the only one in the US that knows the truth? Many other people have translated the OBL tape and come to the same conclusion, barring a few symantics.

I had a couple of others, but it's difficult without the original posts.

HarmoniusOne- I hope you and your daughter have looked into this carefully before she upped and moved. Again, please not I am not calling you a liar. I believe you may have been misled.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join