It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitting a Girl. Good or Bad?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmore23
If I never grew up in the feminism household that I did, I would 100% have children by now, and I would LOVE it. I actually have no plans on working while my children are home schooled, I am one of those people who went to school to please their parents. If I had it my way, I would have started my family when I was 17 and first got engaged! My parents didn't have me until their 30's and by then they were so financially secured that they expect the same behavior from me before I start my family.

Hey its your life, im just saying that the degree you've able to work for wouldnt have been available to you had feminism never happened. If you would have rather started a family earlier in life feminism didnt stop you, by the sounds of it, your parents did.

straying off topic, my apologies.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Originally posted by blackmore23
Not all women want to be treated equally, yes there are still young women like myself who do NOT want to be treated equally to a man. I have a masters in philosophy and am working towards Law school so I would consider myself an educated women. I don't want to be treated like a man, I want to be treated like a lady. I actually believe women have dug themselves a big hole. The feminism movement was supposed to give women options, and now, if a women wants to have traditional roles and be a stay at home mom she gets looked down on. A man should never hit a woman, men are supposed to be more level headed and able to control their anger. I am 22, 4'11 and 94 pounds if I ever hit my boyfriend, even with the most strength I could muster, he would hardly feel it, but if he were to hit me back I would feel it VERY much my boyfriend is a big guy. I hate how members here say "all women want to be treated as equals" actually no we don't. Why in the world would I want to be treated like a man?

Err, with respect, treating a woman as "equal" shouldnt require her to be able to fight a man on a physical level.

As for your pop at feminism, enjoy that degree you have, hope law school goes well for you but remember, if feminism never happened, you might have spit out 2 kids by now and be wondering what life is like on the outside of the doors and windows to a home.

(I have no problem with women WANTING to be housewives, it does wonder's for raising children)
edit on 27-3-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

Quick jokes

-Why are womens feet normally smaller than a mans?
-So they can stand closer to the stove.

-Why don't women need a wrist watch?
-Because there is a clock on the stove.

Dont give up your day job

Unless your a comedian. Then i highly recommend you do give it up

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Hey its your life, im just saying that the degree you've able to work for wouldnt have been available to you had feminism never happened. If you would have rather started a family earlier in life feminism didnt stop you, by the sounds of it, your parents did.

You might want to fact check.

More then a few of the original suffrage movement members had post secondary degrees. One, ironically, in law.
edit on 27-3-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

You might want to fact check.

More then a few of the original suffrage movement members had post secondary degrees. One, ironically, in law.
edit on 27-3-2013 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

Before the feminist movement Victorian Britain widely believed that women weren't meant/couldnt hack academic subjects (such as law, medicine) They even found it difficult to get their books published, the Bronte sisters had to pretend to be males in order to get published because "A woman's work was in the home" as one publisher put it. Usually it was only women in the highest classes who were educated to degree level and that was just a status thing, not because they were expected to use their brains.

For the majority of women, learning to read and write was enough, the chance to go higher was unrealistic for most. You left school, You had kids, that was life.
Feminism brought choice. Sorry this yet another post off topic.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If someone's attacking you, you have every right to retaliate, regardless of gender. It would be great if no one hit anyone, but sometimes the only way they learn is through violence, which granted sounds hypocritical in this scenario, but isn't really when you consider the difference between why they're attacking someone and why they got attacked in retailation.

People who say things like "Real men don't hit women regardless" most likely suffer from cognitive dissonance. In addition, most of their reasoning is usually based on either tradition or the assumption that all women are weak, frail individuals so I wouldn't take much of what they say seriously.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hitting women is bad. But in modern society we have this strange thing called "Woman gets away with everything" whether it is physical violence, emotional abuse or anything else. Men are backed into a corner these days and this is something that really needs to be looked at. Blaming everything on the male (especially in relationships, where most of these instances come from) is counter productive in my eyes and some women, not all of them, need one massive wake-up call.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The way I see it is this. A man should never ever hit a woman. We are alot stronger and can really hurt them. But if a woman were to bow up to a man and throw punches like she's a man, well then she is gonna get knocked out like a man too. My two cents anyways.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Hitting anyone should be out of the question. It stems from the nasty habit of spanking children and we are the only misfits in the animal kingdom that use corporal punishment and humiliation to teach. When you teach hitting rather than ways NOT to resort to it - violence will follow.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Bit of a tough one this - my immediate reaction would be damn wrong, but seeing those videos I have come to the conclusion that:

When a woman acts like a man, knock the bitch out

A proper woman wouldnt act like that and a true gent would never hit her.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Anyone should be allowed to hit anyone or no one should be allowed to hit anyone. Either way would be fine, but having a double standard is not and messes with the balances of rights. Women can hit women, men can hit men, women can hit men in some cases, then if that is the norm of things men should be allowed to hit women.

If we are going for both sexes being fully equal, then each should be willing to bare the responsibilities that their claims commit to. I being a woman if I have the right to hit a man, then so be it and all for it, bust me in the chops.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thread closed for review.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join