It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitting a Girl. Good or Bad?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This depends on so many variables. A man never has a reason to hit a lady. That doesn't mean there are no circumstances that could arise where a man needs to take a woman out the same as he would a man. Like in the case of self defense. But concerning domestic squabbles I think a man can defend himself with open handed taps.
But never a closed fist. Any guy aggressively hitting a woman needs his ass kicked hard.
edit on 27-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
There is a double standard that is continually being ignored and its the notion that girls are being brought up thinking its ok to hit a man. I dont want to get right into it but where I stand is that no one should it anyone.

Violence is bad.

I agree with you "no one should hit anyone." People need to calm down and talk it out and/or walk away and just let it be.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dedpope

Originally posted by dedpope
So its ok for them to join the army, be in active combat And yet you say they aren't always responsible for there actions?????????? I'm sorry that doesn't make me feel any better about the whole equal rights part. just saying !

I think women have their role in the army, but it always depends on the person, not the sex.

I have worked with woman soldiers and woman sheetmetal workers.
They are just as capable as men.

However, the woman can rarely match the physical strength of a man.
(There are always exceptions!)

We have equal rights, but not equal Biology.

During the first Gulf war, women menstruating was a problem that needed to be addressed, due to the inconvienience of it on the battlefield. Sharing bathroom facilities was also a problem.

In the 1990's, as the RAF had to fulfill their woman quota, they modified their aircraft so that the female pilots could physicaly operate them.

Back on topic...

My mate Andy had an argument with my wife while she was pregnant. He was having a hissy fit and my wife grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt and punched him several times in the face. He didn't hit her back. He took it like a man and I will honour and respect him all my days for it. In that moment he proved himself to be a man. He is still a friend of my wife's because he understands that women have too many hormones and are not always reponsible for the extremity of their actions. Especially during pregnancy.

A Bavarian friend of mine sometimes gets women to hit him when he's drunk and he keeps screaming at them to hit him harder.

People are strange.

Women are stranger.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

I don't understand this context of "Too many hormones"

Because men typically have more hormones than women, most of the time (Save for that one week, then there might be equal levels) and Testosterone is much more capable of producing violent behavior.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

It depends on the situation. It should be the same for both sides though.. You should only really hit someone in self defense.. There is nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself no matter what gender you are.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

That's bs.. So a chick beats the piss out of you and puts you in the hospital for 6 months, its fine as long as you didn't hit her back?
Illogical..

If you let a "Chick" "beat the piss out of you" then you deserve six months in hospital.

Restraining a Female is the only defense a man has.

As soon as you strike her, you have lost.

So yeah, if you don't hit her back, you have 6 months of good treatment, like a "Sir" in hospital.

Hit her back and you are scum.

Basically.

edit on 27/3/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: “Do, or do not. There is no ‘try.’” – Jedi Yoda

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwisoop

Many people, and you seem to be one of those, I guess that even some feminist do not fully understand the meaning of equal rights. Equal rights simply means the capability to do something without social objections, it is not about obligation or requirement to do anything, only the freedom to be able to.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sloppypeterMy mom always told her "If you punch like a man, you're going to get hit like one".

That is freaking awesome, lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by Shadow Herder

It depends on the situation. It should be the same for both sides though.. You should only really hit someone in self defense.. There is nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself no matter what gender you are.

^This^
I'm all of 130 lbs dripping wet and 5'6" so if a girl takes a swing at me
it's on like Donkey Kong.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Originally posted by Miraj

I don't understand this context of "Too many hormones"
Because men typically have more hormones than women, most of the time (Save for that one week, then there might be equal levels) and Testosterone is much more capable of producing violent behavior.

That is complete nonsense.

How do men have more hormones than women?

Is that "one week" you refer to Outside the menstrual cycle?

Is it Easter week? Because the Bunny brings the Eggs?

Women have testosterone too, you know.

But yes, good point.

ALL these violent woman outbursts are CAUSED by testosterone.

Again, Man is to blame, if only for his hormone.

Effects of too much Testosterone in Women

Some women with high levels of testosterone may even have an increase of perspiration and increased aggression. Women can also benefit from midrange to high levels of testosterone. Mid to high range levels help improve a woman's sexual appetite as well as improve mood. Older women who have reached menopause and have high levels of testosterone are at risk of developing heart disease. Some women who have high levels of testosterone may be more prone to having sons instead of daughters, due to the testosterone levels. If you are a woman who has children, all boys, it is possible your testosterone levels are high.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not all women want to be treated equally, yes there are still young women like myself who do NOT want to be treated equally to a man. I have a masters in philosophy and am working towards Law school so I would consider myself an educated women. I don't want to be treated like a man, I want to be treated like a lady. I actually believe women have dug themselves a big hole. The feminism movement was supposed to give women options, and now, if a women wants to have traditional roles and be a stay at home mom she gets looked down on. A man should never hit a woman, men are supposed to be more level headed and able to control their anger. I am 22, 4'11 and 94 pounds if I ever hit my boyfriend, even with the most strength I could muster, he would hardly feel it, but if he were to hit me back I would feel it VERY much my boyfriend is a big guy. I hate how members here say "all women want to be treated as equals" actually no we don't. Why in the world would I want to be treated like a man?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hitting no one is good. Its a violation of someones body. What an absurd ignorant question.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmore23
Not all women want to be treated equally, yes there are still young women like myself who do NOT want to be treated equally to a man. I have a masters in philosophy and am working towards Law school so I would consider myself an educated women. I don't want to be treated like a man, I want to be treated like a lady. I actually believe women have dug themselves a big hole. The feminism movement was supposed to give women options, and now, if a women wants to have traditional roles and be a stay at home mom she gets looked down on. A man should never hit a woman, men are supposed to be more level headed and able to control their anger. I am 22, 4'11 and 94 pounds if I ever hit my boyfriend, even with the most strength I could muster, he would hardly feel it, but if he were to hit me back I would feel it VERY much my boyfriend is a big guy. I hate how members here say "all women want to be treated as equals" actually no we don't. Why in the world would I want to be treated like a man?

My hat is off to you madame.
More women should have the same thoughts as you do.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Err, with respect, treating a woman as "equal" shouldnt require her to be able to fight a man on a physical level.

As for your pop at feminism, enjoy that degree you have, hope law school goes well for you but remember, if feminism never happened, you might have spit out 2 kids by now and be wondering what life is like on the outside of the doors and windows to a home.

(I have no problem with women WANTING to be housewives, it does wonder's for raising children)
edit on 27-3-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

As a victim of domestic abuse by a pitiful excuse for a human being, I am fully and completely against abuse of any kind.

Man against woman.
Woman against man.
Parents against child.

I cannot understand the "need" to hit someone because "they deserved it."
Or they kept nagging at you so you just HAD to hit them to shut them up.

Leave the room or do something else in order to vent your anger.

Do NOT take it out on another human being.

It is emotionally, physically, and mentally scarring.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
A friend of mine almost died when his drunken girlfriend got in an argument with him , started hitting him and ended up stabbing him with a broken bottle when he didnt fight back and turned to walk away.

Im not saying you should ever beat on women or hit them during arguments but never turn your back on a drunk and don't underestimate someone just because they are weaker than you..!

Rule number 1: Never Panic.

Rule number 2: Never Hit a Woman.

Rule number 3: Never turn your back on a Drunk (all meanings of turning your back on someone).

Rule number 4: Never underestimate Anyone.

Even a Woman.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If I never grew up in the feminism household that I did, I would 100% have children by now, and I would LOVE it. I actually have no plans on working while my children are home schooled, I am one of those people who went to school to please their parents. If I had it my way, I would have started my family when I was 17 and first got engaged! My parents didn't have me until their 30's and by then they were so financially secured that they expect the same behavior from me before I start my family.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Not all women want to be treated equally,......... I hate how members here say "all women want to be treated as equals" actually no we don't. Why in the world would I want to be treated like a man?

Exactly. For the same reason that I do not want to be treated as a woman.

Respect.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Err, with respect, treating a woman as "equal" shouldnt require her to be able to fight a man on a physical level.

As for your pop at feminism, enjoy that degree you have, hope law school goes well for you but remember, if feminism never happened, you might have spit out 2 kids by now and be wondering what life is like on the outside of the doors and windows to a home.

(I have no problem with women WANTING to be housewives, it does wonder's for raising children)
edit on 27-3-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

Quick jokes

-Why are womens feet normally smaller than a mans?
-So they can stand closer to the stove.

-Why don't women need a wrist watch?
-Because there is a clock on the stove.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I say this because men typically have much higher levels of testosterone ALL the time than women do of estrogen/progesterone. That one week refers to the menstrual cycle when those hormones are released, peak, and make the levels close to male sex hormones.

Yes, I am also aware that women do produce tesosterone, but it's an extremely miniscule amount compared to men unless there's a present condition such as PCOS.

It is actually the progesterone which causes these effects, not testosterone. But progesterone is a fairly similar hormone to testosterone in it's chemical structure and some effects.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join