It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitting a Girl. Good or Bad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I was raised in a family where you don't ever ever ever hit a woman. If she's coming at you with a chainsaw, machine gun, and a bomb pack strapped to her chest, the most you do is restrain her.

For a lot of that I do agree but there does come a time to defend yourself.

For instance, what the guy did in the first video I have no problem with. They were coming at him like a pack of hyenas and he laid one down after taking some defensive moves.

No one should be hitting anyone and I don't see it as an issue of equal rights. Please.

A gentleman would never hit a woman and a lady would never hit a man. I do strongly believe in self defense though.

It just seems that often times it goes down like this: A woman will slap a man and he thinks he now has the full right to snap her in two in 'self defense.' Um... OK. lol

If we all just learned to keep our hands to ourselves the problem would go away.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A good friend of mine got in an argument with his wife and she grab his junk really hard, and he begged her to stop but she wouldn't let go , so he knocked her out with one punch. IMO she deserved it, he had to go to the doctor for severe bruising, and she for a concussion . They been together for 28 years and still going strong .That was the only physical confrontation they ever had, she admitted she was in the wrong and deserved what she got.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Every person has the right to defend themselves regardless if the gender of the attacker. I agree that society seems to promote the idea that violence on men by women is ok. that does not make it right. The law is supposed to be equally applied to all, but it rarely is. In most cases of domestic violence where the violence was initiated by the female, it is still the male that goes to jail. The threat of loss of freedoms is enough to make many men just take the beating. It is kind of sad really. I am all for equal rights and equal responsibilities. The law and common sense should apply to all.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

A gentleman would never hit a woman and a lady would never hit a man.

I think this is a good way to look at it. A lady who hits a gentleman is not a lady.

In many cultures if a women hits a man, he pretty much lost his "man" status and some might not even respect him anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

edit on 27-3-2013 by sloppypeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

That is a pretty big generalization.

Yea.. leave racism out of this, how would know if some other race is not under assault of racism, have you been under their skin?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
it's an interesting question, and i've been on the recieving end a fair few times from a somewhat crazy and volatile ex... i was sorely tempted to physically end her violent attacks/retaliate on a couple of occaisions where she was seriously out of control/order, but i resisted the urge and either extracted myself while taking hits and one one time restrained her (which i have been trained to do without pain restraints etc etc) until she wore herself out. she still saw that as me assaulting her, and used it as an accusation to try and smear me, though i feel she knew she did not have a leg to stand on and did not seek legal redress etc.

it sure aint cool to hit a women, however... when someone, anyone opens the "violence box" they have only themselves to blame when they overstep the mark and meet the same treatment in return - when you assault somone else, you cant run off crying when a fist smacks you on the nose... a gent however would give a few chances before using force to end the situation, and then only when no other sensible option is available. thats my take on it.
edit on 27-3-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Only on ATS will you see people asking questions like "Hitting a Girl. Good or Bad?"

I weep for the meaningful, insightful, intelligent part of ATS that sadly died off years ago.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Should be avoided but sometimes it they'll cross the line and need to be brought back down to earth.

www.liveleak.com...

I'll just leave this epicness here. Mom continually harasses strip mall employee n attacks him physically. He drops her with a tazer.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Finally I have a reason to pass along one of the best lessons I ever learned from an old Italian Chef...

"Mitch, I never hit the woman...... but I hit her back"

We had this discussion during some down time at the restaurant and we were all in agreement... If a man and woman have a disagreement, its ok to get angry and scream and yell, etc. However, a Man should never take it to the physical level since he clearly has the advantage (in most cases). If a woman decides to take it to that next level and bring in the physical, what happens after that is her own fault.

Now I would sincerely hope that no matter how wrong the woman is, and no matter how violent she gets, that any man who needs to respond in kind doesn't take it too far.

Personally, I had an experience when I was 11. A girl who was 13 and much bigger than me got mad that I kept making fun of her knees. We were swimming in a community pool at the time. The lifeguard wasn't paying attention and the girl pushed and held me underwater. After about 30 seconds I really started to panic because I could not get up to breathe... so from underwater I halfway closed my fist and threw a punch at whatever I could see out of the water.

Finally I caught my breath, but she caught a fist in the nose and it broke. Her father showed up an my house with a gun to talk to my step dad saying that it didn't matter if I died underwater, I should never hit a girl...

To this day, she still won't recognize the fact that I was A) 11, B) running out of air and C)that she still has no knees. She actually still holds a grudge.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Whatsreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I grew up watching a lot of horror movies, as well as action/martial arts movies. I love playing me some violent video games. I even enjoy watching competitions and such, because it shows great skill. But when it comes to real life, I really do not like violence at all.

About 13 years ago, I dated a woman who had so much bad things happen to her, that she was extremely psycho, and very manipulative. We dated 9 months, and in that time, she took everything away from me. See, I was that nice guy that gets taken advantage of by Succubi(that's what I call her, because from the stories she told, she went from guy to guy, draining them of their life essence). She was very physically abusive, as well as mentally abusive. She was so good at manipulation, that she convinced a lot of my friends that I physically abused her.

Like some say, never hit a woman, but restrain her. I tried, many times. If this woman was hitting me, I would hold her down and tell her I won't let her up until she stops. Well, try holding a woman who's screaming bloody murder nonstop, and see what happens. Everyone around us does think I'm physically abusing her. Hence, manipulation.

I will admit, though, I did actually hit her, once. Towards the end of our relationship, after she had taken everything away from me, making me feel the lowest I have in my entire life, we had an argument. During said argument, she ripped my favorite shirt. The last thing I had, that I enjoyed, she ruined. So, I snapped, tackled her, and hit her in the head a few times. Once I came to, I was staring at her, in shock of what I had done. She stopped screaming, stopped being mad, and stared at me in shock. Both of us didn't believe what had happened. I felt so bad, I did something I told myself I would NEVER do. So, I went to go end my life. Oddly enough, the person who helped me out of that, was the one that made me want to die in the first place.

I never hit a woman before that, and 13 years later I haven't hit a woman again. But I won't lie, I do not regret hitting her. After everything she did to me, and my family, I do not regret it. I won't watch the videos posted in this thread, but I can imagine what they're like. Even though I believe that you really shouldn't hit a woman, when women act like that, they are no longer women. They are manipulative succubi, who abuse the system to be the way they are. Seriously, most cops will just arrest the man, even if the woman is the bad one. Men need proof the woman is abusing them, women just have to say abuse to be believed.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
Only on ATS will you see people asking questions like "Hitting a Girl. Good or Bad?"

I weep for the meaningful, insightful, intelligent part of ATS that sadly died off years ago.

You obviously didnt have the patients or comprehension to go beyond the title of the thread.

Of course it bad, but the double standard and ignorance is the point.

But I agree with you when I read your reply.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

while i agree that the title is crude (thats what drew me it but there you go), it's an interesting enough question and diverted me for a few mins.. and if you think ATS lacks thought provoking threads then you should contribute more and start improving the place yourself

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

So a girl gets super mad and stabs a guy to death and she's excused because she was on her period? Yeah, let's see if "I have crazy hormones" holds up in court for any sort of assault.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Call me old fashioned if you like but I was raised that a man should not hit a woman unless she hits him first. My parents taught me that when a woman hits a man she is putting herself in a man's place and should be expecting to be treated as a man- that is also what I taught my own daughters.

So in my book if you are a woman and find that you cannot control yourself and you hit a man you had better be prepared to go toe-to-toe with him. If you aren't then you should keep your hands to yourself!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

So a girl gets super mad and stabs a guy to death and she's excused because she was on her period? Yeah, let's see if "I have crazy hormones" holds up in court for any sort of assault.

Sounds like the Casey Anthony case thats going on court tv. She stabbed him numerous times and the court is interested in her kinky sex life with him and not that some young man was murdered.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Call me old fashioned if you like but I was raised that a man should not hit a woman unless she hits him first. My parents taught me that when a woman hits a man she is putting herself in a man's place and should be expecting to be treated as a man- that is also what I taught my own daughters.

So in my book if you are a woman and find that you cannot control yourself and you hit a man you had better be prepared to go toe-to-toe with him. If you aren't then you should keep your hands to yourself!

Tell that to the cops. do you understand that even the allegation of assault from a partner will land a man in jail. He will not be able to go home, lose custody and house till the trial is over no matter how fictitious it is?
edit on 27-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I was raised in a family where you don't ever ever ever hit a woman. If she's coming at you with a chainsaw, machine gun, and a bomb pack strapped to her chest, the most you do is restrain her.

For a lot of that I do agree but there does come a time to defend yourself.

For instance, what the guy did in the first video I have no problem with. They were coming at him like a pack of hyenas and he laid one down after taking some defensive moves.

No one should be hitting anyone and I don't see it as an issue of equal rights. Please.

A gentleman would never hit a woman and a lady would never hit a man. I do strongly believe in self defense though.

It just seems that often times it goes down like this: A woman will slap a man and he thinks he now has the full right to snap her in two in 'self defense.' Um... OK. lol

If we all just learned to keep our hands to ourselves the problem would go away.

I agree with everything that you said. I had a girlfriend that wouldn't leave it a slap or a punch. I took the abuse from her for a long time because I was "the man" and men aren't allowed to hit women. She pushed my feelings and my anger. She destroyed my patience. I was going to hit her and hit her hard---but I didn't. I grabbed her and restrained her on the floor. Guess who went to jail!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I guess maybe it's a little bit different around here because in my local paper's arrest report section I have seen many women being arrested for domestic violence and assault just like a man would be. I myself have gone toe-to-toe with a few men in my life and have never lied to the police about who took the first swing. I'm sure that many women would lie about such things, but why would a man choose to associated with someone like that to start with?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

My take on it as a man and as a man that is trained to fight..

Restraint at all times.
Respect at all times.

Do everything in your power to control the situation without throwing blows.

Just because you can beat up another person does not mean that you should or you have to.

Each case is different because only the person in the situation and describe how they felt and whether or not they were truly in any kind of danger. There are many ways to get a person do stop doing an act that does not involve punching them in the face. That being said...

If I was attacked by a female that I felt could do me harm I would not hesitate to restrain her physcially and if needed I would also knock her out if I absolultely had to protect myself. I have never punched a girl in the face except my step sister when I was 11 and she was 14 and she was beating me up and I was just fighting back.

I encourage people to train some jiu jitsu or other similar martial arts that teach you to stop a situation without hurting the person for long term. A simple choke or wrist/arm lock will calm a personn down quickly and show them who is in control to stop the altercation with minimal damage inflicted.
edit on 27-3-2013 by knowledgedesired because:
edit on 27-3-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join