It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G4S Readies Guards as Cypriot Banks Prepare to Open: Will It Get Ugly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

G4S Readies Guards as Cypriot Banks Prepare to Open: Will It Get Ugly?

www.cnbc.com

A British security firm that transports cash for Cypriot banks is working round the clock, sending teams out with police protection to stock bank machines and readying guards for when banks reopen on Thursday.

"I don't see people panicking, I see people worrying about what the next day will hold for them, whether the next day they will have a job. I see people having a lot of questions and waiting for answers."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I know that if I lived there I would be getting my cash out as soon as I could. It will be interesting to see how the people respond when these banks reopen.

You can tell from the article they are wanting people to think that there will be no run on the banks, but their actions say otherwise, bringing in the world's largest security firm (G4S).

www.cnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Don't mention the Olympics.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You have to wonder if there are thugs chomping at the bit for them to reopen so that they can target people coming out of the banks with huge wads of cash.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I hope it doesn't get ugly, but, we all know there will be some incidents. These people are tense, there will be long lines, and I'm sure it won't be all rainbows and butterflies.

If I were a Cypriot, I would never put my money in the bank again.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If the G4S response is anything like the 2012 UK Olympics Security coverage then it won't be much of an event and G4S will have to draft in the military to cover!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The question we should be asking....why a UK private security firm?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Rainbows
Jane

If I'm being generous, I'd say it was because G4S are the largest private security firm in the world, and as such were deemed to have the skills and resources to do the job satisfactorily.

If I'm being cynical, I'd say it was because the banks felt they couldn't trust their own countrymen.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Rainbows
Jane

If I'm being generous, I'd say it was because G4S are the largest private security firm in the world, and as such were deemed to have the skills and resources to do the job satisfactorily.

If I'm being cynical, I'd say it was because the banks felt they couldn't trust their own countrymen.

i'm not saying it will for sure get ugly, but I will say that it certainly has the potential to get that way.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Sad, to see how nations losing their sovereignty when foreign forces in the name of Guards and security get to control their financial businesses.

One nation at a time, Global domination, people are so expendable they have no clue that they mean crap to their governments this days.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think I will be surprised if the banks don't keep a withdrawal limit on people's accounts.
It would be the only way to at least slow the bank run that they have been worried about.

Hopefully every thing goes as smoothly as possible, they Cypriot people have been through enough.

top topics

join