It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEO of JP Morgan Chase Resigns---Says "Put Bankers in Jail!" Cites Corrupt System.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
deleted.. oops

---

It's really retarded that people go out of their way to make fake wishful news articles. What are they trying to accomplish anyway? They are just making things worse by adding to the confusion, and the deception.

(..like the guy WontBeFooled who posted right above (who got fooled btw..) now he's confused.)
edit on 28-3-2013 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

I've been studying that question for some time because I see it to and well, I watch the media like a hawk. Sometimes, I think that it is as innocent as a very weak attempt at satire that is so poorly executed that it "looks" more real than it should. Other times, I'm not so sure. I've noted on some of the false stories that they are being propagated by those who have a conflict of interest in part of the subject matter such as fear mongering stories being put out by traders in silver or gold. Then there's the ones that are fear mongering of other sorts that specifically omit clarifying information to make something appear far worse than it is. With faith in mainstream media sources on the decline, that means a whole lot of people are looking for alternative sources of information and that means turning to bloggers, "citizen journalists" and more. That's not such a bad thing but there isn't a third party fact checking as you would see in a more journalistic venue so it can be. I think the intentions vary--either innocent (poorly done satire like this one), profit motivated (ie dollar scares), or intentionally destabilizing. There are groups in the US that would like to see things go down. I was reading hacked emails of a white supremacy group over a year ago that were discussing an attempt to destabilize the US government through public opinion. Don't have the link to prove it as I was reading purely out of my own interest but really, that shouldn't come much of a surprise either. So, pick your poison as to why.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

The Daily Currant is a SATIRE site, you silly person! Don't give out satire as news! It confuses people. Look at your sources. No wonder someone didn't like the first one you gave. As it was probably ripping off the Daily Currant and using it as legitimate news. RESEARCH!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join