It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEO of JP Morgan Chase Resigns---Says "Put Bankers in Jail!" Cites Corrupt System.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here's another to add to the list of bank/Wall Street resignations and arrests, but this is the biggest news on this front in a long time. This gentleman, I believe, is a true whistle blower and I am hoping this news doesn't get swept under the Lame-Stream media news today.

Jamie Dimon, often cited as the most responsible head of a Wall Street investment bank, reigned as Chairman and CEO of JP Morgan Chase today.

And this:

In a blistering letter published this morning in Britian's Financial News, Dimon says he is tired of working in the "bankrupt moral culture" of finance and called for a criminal investigation into wrongdoing at JP Morgan and other major investment banks.

He Quotes:

"For too long I have been a witness to what I consider to be unethical and sometimes even illegal behavior at the highest levels of Wall Street," the letter reads. "I thought that I could change the system from the inside. But over the past few years I have been proven wrong.

He ends:

And I urge global regulators to introduce new rules seeking to limit the size of scope of the largest international financial institutions."

Source: Since someone tried to derail the thread by disliking my first source, here's another source. News this big can be googled folks.
www.cbsnews.com...
dailycurrant.com...
edit on 27-3-2013 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I am glad that Mr. Dimon has "come out", but sadly if he "blows the whistle" just a little too much I'm afraid that soon the news will be reporting another "unfortunate suicide".

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Do you have any other sources besides the one you linked, because after reading a few of their news articles, I'm starting to think some of it's made up.

Michele Bachmann Accidentally Embarks on Gay Cruise

The six day jaunt on the all-gay Atlantis Cruise Lines was mistakenly booked after Marcus Bachmann visited a Minneapolis travel agent who assumed he was gay.

"Mr. Bachmann came into our office three weeks ago," Jennings says. "He said he wanted to book a cruise for himself and his partner 'Michele'.

"From his demeanor, I assumed that Mr. Bachmann was gay and that 'Michel' was a man who pronounced his name in the French way. So I booked them on one of our finest all-gay cruises in the Caribbean.

"In retrospect it was unprofessional of me to assume his sexual orientation. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this misunderstanding has caused and we have offered to fully refund the cost of the Bachmanns' trip."

Michele for her part is having difficulty adjusting to not being the center of attention. But in an exclusive interview from the ship's satellite phone the Christian firebrand explains that the experience is not all bad.

"Obviously I don't agree with 95 percent of what's been happening around me," she says, "but they do have a fantastic hair salon, and some really nice shoe shops. So I'm trying to make the best of it."

your source
edit on 3/27/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

PLease don't derail the thread and Google the news please. It's very easy to do.

Here's another source:

www.cbsnews.com...

You know, news this big isn;'t easy to fake. All you had to do was check it out yourself instead of looking for ways to be the big hero today by derailing the biggest news in the financial sector in a long time.

Get a life.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Wonderful scoop and bumped. This is reasonably huge, because for a
change we're seeing a major player change his spots. Maybe there's
an appearance of 'nowhere to run', and Jaime's just folding.. but I can
hope his motives are change of other than the job. Maybe a guy with
some political traction will open up and make the MSM cover how
deep this goes before he does. On the other hand the average TV
viewer's radar has a pretty short range-- and the islands beckon.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

That article is from May 2012. It mentions the resignation of Ina Drew, not the CEO.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by eXia7

PLease don't derail the thread and Google the news please. It's very easy to do.

Here's another source:

www.cbsnews.com...

You know, news this big isn;'t easy to fake. All you had to do was check it out yourself instead of looking for ways to be the big hero today by derailing the biggest news in the financial sector in a long time.

Get a life.

or you could've just used a credible source to begin with if you wished to get us interested enough. Sensational headline title, and providing a dodgey source just lead me to ask for something a little more credible.

No need to get upset, just use something a little more credible in an OP, I like to research as much as the next guy, but I don't always have time, so I come to ATS hoping that the sources I click on are credible. And this one seemed weird, that's all.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here's another source: I am wondering why this looks a little sketchy.

2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com...

But where is the letter he wrote coming from? Looking for letter confirmation.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm actually pretty sure this is a joke.

From the website:

Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world

So it's like the Onion. The CBS article is not about this story.

Cool if it was true, though.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
it's easy to come out and say we stole your money and we're kinda sorry would you please send someone to investigate us. this weeks after eric holder admitted the too big banks aren't going to be prosecuted because, they're too big. lol

edit read the date on the cbs article of which it isn't even about jamie dimon resigning and it's from may 2012.
edit on 27-3-2013 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
First off the Jamie Dimond profile majored in psyops so we can't build on any news or we're schizo.

en.wikipedia.org...

And yes Dimon's father, Theodore, was an executive vice president at American Express.

Office got too small for Jamie at AMEX so in 1985 he left and eventually formed Citigroup.

The MO is clear someone gets bored and takes the horse to greener Pasteurs periodically.

Time for a new wife or yhis just a troll?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

That's gonna sting.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Jamie Dimon isn't going anywhere. In my humble opinion, he's the main architect in this financial take down of the US.

The CEO of JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Jamie Dimon, received $18.7 million in compensation last year, according to regulatory documents the country's largest bank filed Friday. That's 19 percent less than Dimon received in 2011, when his $23 million pay package made him the highest paid bank CEO in the country. JPMorgan had already said that it would dock Dimon's pay, largely because the bank took a $6 billion loss from a complex derivatives trade that went bad last year.

article from 4 days ago

$68K to "guard the Dimon residence". Sick.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Are you for real? Either you are extremly gullible or extremly dull or even both

Sorry but these stories are a load of crapola - If Jamie Dimon resigned it would be plastered across every news station in the world, never mind being plastered across every business link that exists anywhere.

FFS why do people insist on post BS on this site

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Jamie Dimon wants to put himself in jail? Awesome.

I read this last week...

Dimon’s story is about the tarnishing of the American Dream. It reveals the sham of romanticizing riches and the folly of our need to believe in the goodness of those who possess wealth.

Rise and Fall of Jamie Dimon

Even if the story in the OP were true, it would just be a lie from Dimon.

edit on 27-3-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Jamie Dimon didn't resign. A high ranking woman did, per the cbs article.

The bank will accept the resignation of Ina Drew, its chief investment officer, the person told The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to discuss the decision publicly.

edit on 27-3-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Apparently this thread is a crock.

2nd line.
edit on 27-3-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
No one here verifies anything anymore.

That article was a hoax from February and is now posted as new info.... Tin foil hats are getting too tight around here.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The dailycurrant is satire.

MRuss I normally like your threads, but you should know better than this.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

What's even worse? 18.7 million and that was a pay cut.

Imagine if these banks and large corporations took a few million off the top of these exorbitant salaries of the top few and gave the lower-tier workers a bit more? Riiiight.. What person on this planet is worth that much money?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join