It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same sex on my TV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sloppypeter

It must be generational because I feel the same way as you. Meh.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm with you on this one!~ I'm a Heterosexual male who doesn't care if you decide to marry a pig. Just be good to that pig. (I don't marry pig's or animals for that matter..... My wife is not a pig... She's my beloved) =p Catch my drift?

I'm tired of hearing the rhetoric with it. I know, your here, your queer, I'm used to it! I get hit on a lot and It's just a compliment now in today's society.

I DO HAVE A QUAREL THOUGH~ Maybe you can help me out.... I'm perterbed that the Gay and Lesbian community decided to take the whole color spectrum...... Seriously you couldn't settle with a 3 color flag? Like Pink... Hot Pink.... And Fuscia? All jokes aside =p

Like I said I'm a Heterosexual Male and I love RAINBOW"S! But IT"S HARD TO LOVE RAINBOWS WHEN EVERYONE THINKS IT"S GAY OR LESBIAN ASSOCIATED/ORIENTED NOW~ YOU RUINED RAINBOWS FOR ME!~

Please provide a answer to destroying Rainbows for me.... Please and thank you.... And have a great day~! I'll SnF because..... Just because ^_^

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what the issue(or perceived issue) is,it's all about reinforcement of the message,if it's not same sex marriage or Immigration it will be whatever the government decides it wants to engender hostile feelings toward.

Superglue the off button on your TV or media device that's my advice!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

The religious people are the one's that have a problem

No, they arent the only ones.. Im not religious at all and I dont care anything about seeing two dudes smooching it up.
Its just another case where the minority of a population want to shove their beliefs down the majorities throats. Im not buying it.

So just to be clear...
If, at some point in time (which is coming quickly), Christians become a minority in this country, does that mean they will no longer be able to speak out about anything?
Jehovah Witnesses are a minority yet they are still able to go door to door. The extremist radical right-winged sect that have toothless preachers and don't know how to read so they couldn't possibly read the bible are a minority (for now anyway) yet they get to spout on and on about....well, EVERYTHING. Should they be shut down as well?
Just want to make sure we're clear on your position here.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

I think my position is pretty clear and your analogy doesnt relate to me at all. I dont care about christians or any other religion becoming a minority.
I thought I made that clear as well when I said, i wasnt religious at all.
You cant even troll correctly

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sloppypeter
get the crap off my TV

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR DISCUSSING SAME SEX MARRIAGE. It is a rant against the media beating a dead horse.

END RANT
edit on 27-3-2013 by sloppypeter because: (no reason given)

You choose to watch it , So it's your fault. You control the remote control. I personally only watch the news and nothing else on TV , but If I see something I don't like I flick a button and its gone.

You have a vast selection to choose from and I'm sorry to have to tell you this but the world don't revolve around you and your viewing preferences.

Either buy a bigger selection of service or put up with what you get.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by kthxbai

I think my position is pretty clear and your analogy doesnt relate to me at all. I dont care about christians or any other religion becoming a minority.

The only troll I see is you.

What makes you think I read, let alone remember every post you make??

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai

reply to post by kthxbai

The only troll I see is you.

What makes you think I read, let alone remember every post you make??

He said it very clearly in the post you were replying too. The quote you are attacking him for was something he quoted from another member's post.

I believe what TriForce is saying, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that he doesn't care about religious groups or their agenda, and even if gay rights were a minority, which they are not, he isn't bothered by the idea of them getting married.

Minority/Majority aside, it doesn't matter. This country is supposed to allow for and enforce equal rights, regardless of race, creed, national origin, or sexual preference. The laws of this country should serve to protect the equal rights of all people, regardless of how many might disagree with any particular demographic's behaviors, so long as they are not hurting other people.

If anyone is trolling here it's not TriForce. He didn't even make the statement you are responding to.

And if Christians become the minority, good! Less crazy zealots who believe in boogeymen and sky wizards to try and compromise the rights of law abiding, contributing members of society. No one can deny that it's the neo-christian extreme who are leading the charge against equal rights for gay people. When Prop 8 was going on I was receiving door hangers and snail mail every day from various religious asking me to support it - and I don't even live in California!

But the topic of this thread isn't gay marriage, and whether or not it should be allowed. The topic, as I understand it, is why the hell they keep harping on this topic. Well, I believe the reason why is because there is such a strong front against gay marriage and equal rights in this country, lead primarily by religious groups, that it creates a very heated and controversial (even though it shouldn't be a controversial topic) circus sideshow that the media thinks we all want to see. We are not voting as a people, the Supreme Court is going to decide what is constitutional. There is no point going on and on and on, because this isn't legislation. You cannot call your congressman and have any effect on the outcome (as if you did anyway!)

SO yeah, OP.. I agree with you that they're beating a dead horse and it should stop. Why are so many people so interested in dictating what other people can do? Why is the media so predatory in the way it reports current events?

Maybe the answer is for all of us to turn off our TVs and stop feeding the machine.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I replied directly as did he. You are mistaken

Furthermore, my post to him didn't attack him in any way, shape or form. I CLEARLY stated I was clarifying a position and HE decided to be insulting due to it because he didn't bother to read it. IF he had read correctly, he would have seen that.

It's quite clear why you chimed in

edit on 29-3-2013 by kthxbai because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

...... so in order for my husband the sports freak to have ALL of his sports channels ( even the ones where he can watch games from 20 yrs ago... repeatedly) we got the big-boy-boobtube-addiction package. I had my choice of all sorts of crap to watch the other night. I saw a horror movie I like... and it happened to be on the Logo channel. So Im watching it in the bedroom. JUST as my husband comes in this commercial comes on with these 2 guys in bed.. about to get ready to get busy... and a puppet comes out from the foot of the bed and tells them about HIV, testing and condoms. The puppet mentions something about grabbing a condom before playing "hide the kielbasa...". He looks at me... looks at the tv.. looks at me... looks at the TV... and walks out.

I happen to LOVE the LGBT-themed channel named "Logo" now... I can watch my horror shows in peace when they happen to come on that channel... without the husband annoying me about the cheesiness of my pet genre. In fact, Im considering petitioning LOGO to run one weekend night a week of all horror.

Now stop bickering you brats.... you too Tinker.... or Ill tell ya'll all about when I went out with some friends to a place called Faces... and had no idea it was a gay bar. Stories?? Im old... I gotta million of 'em...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The real problem here sounds like you are watching too much TV.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

It's no problem to me - I used to play pool at a lesbian bar. My oldest friend is a mountain-climbing, gruff and grumpy gay man who you would never suspect if you didn't know him.. Or were invited over for dinner and met his boyfriend.

Adv - I once went to see a band at a bar called the Wood Shed. Yeah, you guessed it. I honestly had no idea until I got there, despite the bursting-at-the-seams-with-innuendo name of the bar. Whoops!

And it looked to me like kthx was addressing the post that TriForce quoted - not what he was actually saying. Not in the response that I quoted, but in the one they were initially responding to.. Somewhere on page 1, methinks. If I was incorrect I apologize. =]
edit on 29-3-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
reply to post by Advantage

It's no problem to me - I used to play pool at a lesbian bar. My oldest friend is a mountain-climbing, gruff and grumpy gay man who you would never suspect if you didn't know him.. Or were invited over for dinner and met his boyfriend.

Adv - I once went to see a band at a bar called the Wood Shed. Yeah, you guessed it. I honestly had no idea until I got there, despite the bursting-at-the-seams-with-innuendo name of the bar. Whoops!

And it looked to me like kthx was addressing the post that TriForce quoted - not what he was actually saying. Not in the response that I quoted, but in the one they were initially responding to.. Somewhere on page 1, methinks. If I was incorrect I apologize. =]
edit on 29-3-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

HEHE!!! My college room mate was a gay guy... no one ever knew and thought we were a couple... it sorta worked out wonderfully for both of us.
My bar story has a little twist. Ill tell you all in chat so you can laugh at me to my face for being a moron. HAH!

You know, I truly think if half of the folks who are afraid of "catching the gay" ever really went to a gay bar or just hung out with all sorts of folks, they really would see that gay doesnt mean anything more than hetero does when youre talking about PEOPLE. There are good and bad... of all orientations. Judge em by more than who they sleep with or love. Lord knows the puritans on ATS would die of some sort of shock and awe if they window peeped me.. even in my oh so acceptable heterosexualness.
I understand that one who objects to it would object to it being on TV and commercials.. as much as the more orthodox or puritanical object to hetero sexual situations. There is a cure for that.... turn off the TV.

Carry on. I was just goofin anyway!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey, hey.. water under the bridge

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Yeah, I have to agree with you. The people objecting to it, it seems like they wanna be reminded day in and day out by the controversy.

I don't care.

I'm hetero, live and let live.

I don't have gay friends, I don't find anything in common with gay people, but... I also don't make a point to focus on them either. The less attention I pay, the less they seem to exist in my world. Being reminded of it constantly just reminds me I have to forced to stare at something in the face, which I normally choose to ignore.

Let them have all the rights as everyone else, I just don't wanna be reminded of their choice. Which is my choice.

Kinda like feminism.

I choose not to pay attention to feminists.

Although I'd rather see gay rights trump feminist rights.

(Cause we all know women aren't really people anyway...)

Ok, kidding on the last line.

You're an asshole.

JUST KIDDING!

edit on 2-4-2013 by FalseMove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
And I don't for a minute believe the OP has ANY gay friends.

I will also wager that he's actually homophobic.

In which case he ought to make some gay friends / you know what they say ~

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Until equal rights are met, you are going to hear about it until the fat drag lady sings. It's the only way the LGBT community will get their due. By being boisterous and by having the media support civil rights. Just grin and bare for a little while. This hopefully shall pass soon and you can get your rest. Until then, the fight must go on. I S&F'ed you for your continuing tolerance.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It is polluting my High Def Tv.

Polluting? It's a part of life -- all our lives. It IS. Homosexuality is far older than written history. I say live and let live. I say, stay out of my bedroom, and I'll stay out of yours.

Who cares in this age where we have 290 channels to watch............. watch what you want. I will watch what I want, and if they ever have a "gay male" channel, I will pass on that, because it's not my thang, but I WON'T gripe about it being part of the lineup. I haz the power, in my omniprescent remote. I kin drive to whatever I want.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FalseMove

Don't worry I've been called worse...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join