It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What trash-talking are North Korea up to today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Today's threat from the DPRK goes like this....

Now they've cut pretty much ALL ties with the South with regards to any form of communication.

North Korea had already stopped responding to calls on the hotline to the U.S. military that supervises the heavily armed Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and the Red Cross line that has been used by the governments of both sides, and now they're ramping it up further.

And now, the Military and Inter-Korean Air-Traffic hotlines have been closed too.

A N.Korea Military Spokesman stated:

"Under the situation where a war may break out at any moment, there is no need to keep north-south military communications which were laid between the militaries of both sides,"

Source:
uk.reuters.com...

It also looks like sticks and stones are beginning to be thrown already....

Late on Tuesday, North Korean state-run media also reported that its top political bureau would soon hold a rare meeting to discuss "an important issue for victoriously advancing the Korean revolution". It did not specify the issue, or the date of the meeting.

Overnight, meanwhile, South Korea briefly placed a border military unit on its highest alert, in an indication of the heightened tensions.

The alert happened early on Wednesday after a South Korean soldier discovered a "strange object" at the border, military officials said. The alert prepares troops for a possible incursion from North Korea.

The soldier, who was at a military post in Hwacheon, in South Korea's north-eastern Gangwon province, threw a grenade at the object at around 02:30 local time (17:30 GMT), officials said. The alert was lifted at 09:20 local time.

Source:
www.bbc.co.uk...

Not sure how much more trash-talking little Kim can continue with before he's forced to actually put his money where his mouth is.

edit on 27-3-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Oh come one.
Why not add this to one of the other half a dozen other North Korea WW3 threads?

Noise Noise Noise. NK is making noise.

No matter what they say they're doing, it matters not one bit.
I mean, strategically, are you really going to tell everyone every single step of the way, what leaders are meeting where to hold what kind of secret meeting over achieving the imminent goal of invading enemy X?

"Look guys! I'm going to press THE Button! See my finger! It's getting closer! See? I'm wiggling it around? I'm only inches away from presing the button now. Oooooo, I'm going to press it, yes I am ...."

I mean really?

If they're going to do something, they're going to DO something.

So long as they are making noise and broadcasting everything threatening they're doing to the entire planet, nothing is going to happen.

edit on 27-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I would have added them to one of the half-a-dozen other related threads, but it'd get lost among how vast them threads are becoming.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i think NK is trying to goad the u.s. into doing what it does best...a pre-emtive military strike....the u.s. luvs it drones and cruise missiles..

useing your advisaries strength agaiinst it...if the u.s. did conduct a pre-emtive strike.. in the eyes of NK govt and people and some around the world, it woud justify all of NK words and future action. war in NK would be aalot more costly than the 10 years in afganistan and iraq.......

NK knows that the u.s. cant afford to lose alot of troops...the u.s. people dont seem to care how much the u.s. throws its military all over the world like so many pebbles into a lake..but when the u.s. starts to lose troops in large numbers that cant be hidden....then it becomes a whole different story...dangerous ground out there....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The trouble with all this trash-talking is that the longer NK keep it up the more ridiculous NK's leadership look.

In the world of totalitarian state's, big ego's rule, and one thing big ego's hate is people laughing a them, or to be seen as being foolish.

At some point it gets to the stage where they have to put up or shut up. If for no other reason than to save face.
Unfortunately I feel this time is drawing close.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

If they're going to do something, they're going to DO something.

I might add that it is not the blow hard shooting his mouth off that you really have to worry about; you always know where he is....it is the little SOB in the corner that no one sees that will get you!!

Surprised the hotline has been shut off....still don't think it is anything but posturing; but the situation is ripe for some type of mistake on either side leading to a full blown response.

top topics

join