It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the greatest living thinkers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by simplyLOVE
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I now think i should have read all the replies before saying what i said cause I actually agree with you about every one of these and i would add (if we are going for modern rather than living)
Ghandi,
Einstein,
Bohr,
Heisenberg,
Mother Teresa,
Meher Baba,
Aldhous Huxley,
R.D Laing,
Eknath Easwaran
Stephen Hawking
Rick Straussman

and my dad, but i guess that doesnt count but it does to me

YEA! I would have included my Father as well, but oh well you know how that goes; happens to the best of us. Nice list I will add Nicolai Tesla and Robert A. Monroe.
edit on 31-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because:
(no reason given)

Just a Quick Question about your choices here!!

How many are Living thinkers??

I could list at least 100 dead names..including Howard Zin
But I find it hard to name Living thinkers
edit on 1-4-2013 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

That was Simplyloves list, (holds all answers). I think the point being made is a living or recently dead MODERN list of names--allows for some freedom because true thinkers; that may have an effect on future generations need the test of time (could take a couple of minutes if paying attention to huge paradym changes or least decade or two). OP statement was a trick.
edit on 1-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I read the first page, but did not read the others.

I am surprised no one has mentioned my hero and someone I truly admire.

Michio Kaku. I bought his book hyperspace when I just got out of highschool, and it was a great experience. After that, I would see his random appearances on the history channel (I think it is) and then I started to look him up on youtube. He is a great thinker and he is humble. His approach is parsecs ahead of mainstream academia.

much peace.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
I read the first page, but did not read the others.

I am surprised no one has mentioned my hero and someone I truly admire.

Michio Kaku. I bought his book hyperspace when I just got out of highschool, and it was a great experience. After that, I would see his random appearances on the history channel (I think it is) and then I started to look him up on youtube. He is a great thinker and he is humble. His approach is parsecs ahead of mainstream academia.

much peace.

Got to read inbetween pages, Kaku was mentioned. Sometimes if mentioned tends to be ignored as repeated, makes one think harder as to one up the Kaku disciple. Richard Fiegenbaum.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join