It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea: its all fun and games till someone loses a city.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

Are you supporting yet another pre-emptive attack on another country?

The proven conspiracy of the Iraq WMD lies did nothing to stop the warmongers amongst us from being gung-ho for the next unprovoked imperial war of aggression.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have to agree with the OP on this.

So many of the posts I read here are "just flip a switch" or "nuke them now."

What many of you tend to not understand is what the actual cost of war would have on the world right now. Financially I doubt the US economy could handle a war with North Korea. World wide shipments would come to a stagger after the initial declaration.

My second point is what war really means. Unless you can sit down with the president and read over our nuclear deterrent or other defense systems, you cannot assure myself or anyone else that weapons couldn't get to US borders (lets assume they have the firing range). If the California coast was hit, Hawaii, Alaska, the amount of damage would be immense. Many of us know people who live there or are in the region ourselves.

War is bloody, I think the only reason we haven't gone to war now is exactly that reason. Sure we would probably end up victorious, but at what price. I want everyone to really think about what would happen if we went to war with North Korea.

Here are a list of things I personally think we would see.

1. Draft (we lost the last war due to numbers, I think this is why the bill for women being drafted is going on)
2. Economic Collapse/Restructure
3. Martial Law/Military Police State (I want to stress that this isn't a conspiracy but rather a way for the US government to know what is going on within its own borders and would be eventually lifted.)
4. Increased tension with China and Japan (the location of war could have horrible effects if Nuclear weapons are launched, depending on who fires what it could increase tensions with neighboring nations)

One more thing I want to talk about is the use of nuclear weapons. This CANNOT happen. The amount of damage to the World system would be immeasurable if two hiroshima-sized bombs, or larger, were detonated. If we get to a point where we are comfortable using Nuclear weapons as deterrents, then there is nothing stopping future wars to be just that. Nuclear Holocaust.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time before some country decided that they don't want to deal with our BS anymore and they attack us on our soil.

We've have been extremely lucky to have fought most of our countries wars on foreign soil.

America will wake up faster than ever if they have a war in their backyards.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

There comes a time when the 2 biggest kids on the block eventually fight. Even more so when dealing with an entity who does not allow flexibility or compromise.

This was only a matter of time before it spiraled back into armed conflict. North Korea believes its their destiny to reunite the peninsula under the North's control. A perfectly valid point of view even though I don't agree with it.
China is not happy with N. Korea right now, and is even punishing them by signing onto the sanctions. Whether or not its a true attempt or a feign remains to be seen though.

china is not going to jeopardize all they have accomplished / gained simply to protect North Korea and their spoiled brat of a leader. The cold war is over, times change, as do the people. The majority of Chinese don't hold the same affection for N. Korea as past generations have.

Its along the same lines as what we are seeing in Egypt. 10 years ago you would not see Muslims leaders denouncing actions taken against the Coptic minority. However, in this last week not only have their leaders spoken out in defense of the Coptic religion, they have denounced the Muslim brotherhood for desecrating a mosque by using it to torture people caught up in the protests against Mori.

While north Korea and Egypt aren't the same countries, the same principle holds. Eventually, people grow tired of the same BS time after time and eventually make the change.

North Korea will fall...

Whether its by armed conflict or her own people deciding they have had enough is the question.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm sure if they did attempt to send one over this way it would be directed at a major city like LA or NYC. It would probably be LA though, as the west coast is slightly closer and they'd have more chance of it getting through.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I care enough about ye Americans to repeat and ask the following few statements/questions

What would happen, if they lobbed.. anything explosive really into that big bubbling sinkhole you folks have down south? I've heard the projections if it went up normally.. what if it was accelerated (pyrotechnical term) with a bomb.

OR...

If they somehow hit the SA fault line in the right spot.. with anything bigger than a tank shell?

It's not as if both those are secrets.. and the use of the phrase "burning sky" seems to indicate, to me at least well.. a burning sky.. alot of extra methane kicking about.. or so i've heard, folks even say it's way worse than the EPA lets on..

I seriously, doubt this will be a conventional "here it comes fella's" strike.. just a hunch

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah

The US is not so invulnerable as people think. I agree with the OP. There is way too much complacency.

And I agree as well. I'm not willing to easily dismiss what *might* be nothing but a paper tiger. If we review how the govt handled Katrina and hurricane Sandy, I can't say I feel so confident. Perhaps we as Americans have been conditioned to believe that NK is not a real threat. Do each of us honestly know their capability? Are we being told the truth? All I can say is.... I'll believe it when I see it, but until then all I can do is prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Let's say that NK is able to make good on their threats. Worse case scenario would be tragic and many people would be killed and otherwise maimed. But what would be the end result? A retaliatory strike by the U.S. and allies would lay NK waste. No iffs, ands, or buts. Yes, there would be damage to the U.S. Yes, people here would die. But NK would cease to exist as a political entity and any surviving government leaders would be hunted down and 'reconciled'. And be sure of this, although Russia and China are allies of NK, they wouldn't even consider backing them up if they launched an offensive action.

And here's another "what if"...

What if some crazy people in America who never let a crisis go to waste actually want this thing to go down?
Sorry, but I'm of the belief that 9/11 could have been averted.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
There is a National Geographic documentary on Netflix. I don't remember what it is called exactly, but if you have Netflix just go to search and type in North Korea the cover is red with the yellow NG border around it. It was released back in 2006 but still quite a watch. The way the North Koreans are raised is sad to say the least. It is so strict there it is heart breaking.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarKnowledge
There is a National Geographic documentary on Netflix. I don't remember what it is called exactly, but if you have Netflix just go to search and type in North Korea the cover is red with the yellow NG border around it. It was released back in 2006 but still quite a watch. The way the North Koreans are raised is sad to say the least. It is so strict there it is heart breaking.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Sorry but you don´t "get it", so let me explain.

The Americans certainly want no war with north korea, but the U.S Government certainly does, and they are prepared to sacrifice random city to get it. You see, they have gotten alot of flak for instigating the latest wars in the middle east, but their foreign policy still demands at least two simultaneous wars to justify the huge military expenditure which they have. So the plan is to "goad" NK into attacking first, thus avoiding all the flak for starting another war.

Behind the scenes there is alot of mocking and hostilities from the U.S Government aimed at North Korea, in the hopes of them being goaded into the first strike. They don´t care much if they lose a city, or even a state, just as long as they get the next war started ASAP, since Afghanistan is not enough.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

America will wake up faster than ever if they have a war in their backyards.

NK does not have the capability to strike on US soil except for terror-style attacks.

While they do have missiles capable of reaching Alaska, Hawaii, and the Pacific coast, they do not have enough of these ICBMs to have a large enough salvo to successfully penetrate the Ballistic Missile Defense System. Even if they had 100 such weapons, they'd be destroyed mostly in the short-range stage, then completely in the mid-course stage. None would even survive to test the terminal stage defenses. That's even leaping with the idea they could arm these particular missiles with nukes or biologics.

They do have enough conventional weapons though, to do damage to targets in SK and other nearby interests, but missiles (even on those targets) would mostly be thwarted by the PAC 3 and Aegis systems in place there. And yeah, ok, a secret side of me would love to see if HELLADS is actually operational...and see that in action. Supposedly, it's out of testing, and performing well, but of course, nobody really knows.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The north Korean government will never do preemptive strike or even a retaliatory strike on USA, US bases or their allies. I do believe they would do something through a proxy, with backing of false flag by the west thereby giving more reasons to increase military industrial spending and homeland security and their equivalents in the EU.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You're the one with the ego problem. Why are you so upset? lol. No one in America thinks they're immune to anything. Well aware that actions have consequences. I know this is a "Conspiracy" site and a lot of users are prone to the "it has to be a conspiracy because Americans are so arrogant" attitude, but what if the American intelligence is correct, and they just don't give a crap about what you think. Why should they?

Good try with your little youtube source by the way - I'm sure the Americans know absolutely nothing about that.

It's either:

1. If it happens, it happens and deal with it.
2. War is war. It's inevitable that you will lose life or cities.

I don't see what you're so worked up about. Jealousy? Mad that human beings are acting like human beings and not angels? Funny

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Um, is it really necessary to use QUOTE directly after the post you're replying to?

Anyway, I've favorited this thread so, a month from now, or 6 months from now I can come back and say "I told you so".

While I completely agree with your analysis of the capacity of NK and what they SHOULD be doing... (I mean seriously... Well done!)

Originally posted by Druscilla

It's not arrogance when you're right.

Yes. Yes it still is.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

As far as I know DPRK only claims to have rockets capable of reaching the continental United States, and that there is no solid evidence that they actually do have the capability.. Certainly the US government has so many spy satellites watching DPRK that if they felt there was an actual threat here something would be done?

Then again, who really even knows what are truths and what are lies or misinfo these days.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Their technology is way behind ours... The U.S. would intercept a nuke before it even reached us. And as for propaganda making them not a real threat, I say it is the COMPLETE opposite. Watch Red Dawn or Olympus has Fallen.. Is it a coincidence those Hollywood films were both released around the same time the NK threats started? NK is just a little puppy who doesn't know better to fear a tiger, but you're right, if they for whatever reason manage to attack the U.S, then Americans would be scared because of those two movies, making it seem justifiable to wipe them off the map.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Before North Korea does something so catastrophically stupid as this... they might want to remember what happened to the last country that made us take the gloves off...

The United States isn't just a superpower... It's the superpower. Yes, North Korea could draw blood...little doubt of that.

Does anyone actually doubt what the outcome would be? Really? With gloves off? Iraq was "shock and awe". This sort of thing would be "extinction level event".

The term "hyperpower" was used to describe the level of power that the United States wields if sufficiently angered.

Iraq had a real army, once upon a time... Where is it now? Mostly dead.

Japan once had an empire...

Don't fool yourselves people, the power that this country can wield against its enemies isn't what it was before Iraq...it's greater. A blooded, experienced military. North Korea doesn't want to do this...all bluster aside, I doubt they're suicidal. They'll poke, and poke, and poke...but when it comes down to staring into Armegeddon, they'll do what they've always done...declare victory, and go away until the giant is busy elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

lol,the only superpower!!!! like it.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Our gloves would be on...our nuclear and biological gloves, to be precise.

In addition, we'd likely handicap ourselves by not rolling out some of the latest new laser toys, though doing so here has the ability to save lives...just because we don't want people knowing we have them yet.

Heck, we'd probably even let some missiles get through (those that would hit nowhere), just to try not to scare others whose ballistic missiles are now obsolete.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join