It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal sin sacrifices are prophesied to return... so what was the point of Jesus' sin sacrifice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

For Christians, a future temple where sin sacrifices resume would mean there was no point or purpose in Jesus' perfect sin sacrifice.
That's right, and why your claim is wrong.
Dispensationalism in my opinion is a counterfeit Christianity, and only a cult.
It was fabricated by the Zionist agent, John Nelson Darby, in 1800, to support a future (back then it was still in the future) land-grab and ethnic-cleansing in Palestine to regain the glory of a mythic kingdom of David.
Normal Christians believe Jesus is the glory of the long ago Davidic kingdom.
edit on 30-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
eight bits is correct.

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Ezekiels temple is known by Christians and Jews as the third temple, which is to be built in Jerusalem sometime in the future.

They are not true Christians/Jews. They are part of the temple cult, the Antichrist's one world religion.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

I understand that that is your interpretation of Ezekiel 43, a view which you share with some people from other Abrahamic faiths.

Its not just my interpretation. The text in Ezekiel describes it as a future temple where all those sin sacrifices would resume again. It is your interpretation that it was a former temple, thats not in line with what Ezekiel writes about.

Was there some part of the following statement of mine that was unclear?

If somebody believes that it will be fulfilled again, then, of course, that's their affair.

If Ezekiels temple/sacrifice prophecy were found in an exclusively Jewish document, it wouldn't be much of a big deal for Christians. They could easily ignore it, as they would ignore an Islamic or a Hindu prophecy, as it doesn't really concern them. They could then say "if somebody believes animal sacrifices are going to resume, its their affair"

But their problem is that Ezekiel's temple/sacrifice prophecies is in their own Christian bibles, thereby posing a theological problem for Christians... i.e - that re-instated animal sacrifices would be negating Jesus' sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by eight bits

The text in Ezekiel describes it as a future temple where all those sin sacrifices would resume again. It is your interpretation that it was a former temple, thats not in line with what Ezekiel writes about.

It was a future temple to Ezekiel, not to us.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Reading the opening post made me think of something.

Isn't it told in the bible that sin leads to death. So, is it right for me to assume that when I sin, I die because of that sin. Instantly? If this is the right interpretation, I think I have sinned before. Jesus died for my sins to be forgiven. I did not die.

Thoughts?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join