It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Cloaking Efficiency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Better Cloaking Efficiency

Using a new kind of cloak that uses a very thin multilayer dielectric coating made of natural material, not metamaterial, researchers at Michigan Technological University demonstrated better cloaking efficiency than a similarly sized metamaterial cloak designed by using the transformation optics relations.

It would seem we're getting closer to having chameleon-like or invisibility abilities through the wonders of technology.

Michigan Technological University’s invisibility cloak researchers have done it again. They’ve moved the bar on one of the holy grails of physics: making objects invisible.

I just want to know when we get to "see" this stuff on the public market, or, hell, even the black market.

I think an invisible top would be pretty awesome, or, maybe just some invisible long pants so it looks like I'm all just floating along like a pac-man ghost.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'll take an cloaking, ski mask.

That would look insane walking down the street.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
God help us.

The Bank Robbers exited the bank and disappeared.

The murderer dubbed "Jack the invisible ripper' has not been seen.

Your Government is watching you with invisible people, cameras, drones and everything else they can think of.

Police clueless in their hunt for an invisible peeping Tom. Federal agents may be responsible.

This list could be endless.

God help us!

P

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

That would indeed be popular among the 'privacy' crowd that's always making threads about CCTV cameras in public.

It'd certainly be popular among less reputable elements as well. *sigh*

reply to post by pheonix358

Yup, it'd boil down to police chasing feds chasing police chasing bad guys around in circles.
We'd all have to start carrying IFF like fighter jets for identification, and identification contact logging.

edit on 27-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I think an invisible top would be pretty awesome, or, maybe just some invisible long pants so it looks like I'm all just floating along like a pac-man ghost.

Funny, I don't always agree with you Pru, but I cant get the image of your avatar, in an invisible top, out of my head.

Perhaps I just interpret words differently

top topics

join