It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imminent nuclear war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahlm
Well it was only a matter of time. I just hope it isn't too bad. 2013 and we still respond with war, fear and violence. I hate it works like that when there are so many other solutions to 'disputes'

Bush 1, Clinton, Bush2, and now Obama have all tried those 'other solutions'. It hasn't worked for NK, it isn't working with Iran.

Sometimes someone just needs to be knocked down in order to see the light.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The North has been red hot angry for a while now. They might very well overheat and start a war in Korea again. But America still has the ball in their court. As long as the states play the cooler head then war can be avoided. Looks like good old USA does not want a war with the DPRK. It will be expensive and very bloody.

I think the states are just going to try and hold out longer than the north can. The north must chill over time or they will explode internally. When they finally relax that would be a good time to try and talk to them.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

I think you've hit the strategy on the head, except that we are trying to scare him to the table, vs. waiting him out.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

I think we need to focus our energies away from war in NK.... this could be very bad war considering where NK lies!!

We dont want a Nuke bomb dropped anywhere in the area.... let alone anywhere in the World!!

On the other hand, we are nearly 100 years since WWI ................

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Greetings

I find the NK Threads Interesting to say the least , some one posted a link towards a website explaining NK's Millitary tactics cant remember the Thread but all the credits go out to this person , but it was an interesting read to say the least so i will forward it

rense.com...

The only way i can see the NK army Defeated is sadly the use of Tactical Nukes , A conventional attack using Infantry navy and air units would be too costly for any nation on this earth.

But it is just Strange , if i would be China i would be on the phone right now with NK to tell them to calm down or face a sh%@t storm. yet china made almost no official statements for a country wich borders lay directly near a country that is saying they are preparing for a full scale nuclear war.

TheGreazel.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

That article is 9 years old, so it doesn't take a LOT of differences into account. It is a great article, but many of it's conclusions are now completely false (and some of them were even off base 9 years ago).

Where the article is very correct though, is in indicating the naval hazard posed by NK, and the difficulty of hitting their bunkers and difficulty of a land war in NK.

if i would be China i would be on the phone right now with NK to tell them to calm down or face a sh%@t storm. yet china made almost no official statements for a country wich borders lay directly near a country that is saying they are preparing for a full scale nuclear war.

China knows NK is bluffing, and even if they aren't, they know NK isn't going to tangle with them or take a chance on nuclear fallout blowing over. China is enjoying this whole mess, and is likely having a good laugh at our expense at the whole thing. Indeed, they are probably already set with which General they want leading the piece of NK that will be carved off for them if NK does attack, or if they need to oust Lil' Kim.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Wouldnt it be in NKs best interest to just STFU and stay isolated instead of wishing for death?

What do they have to gain?

Whats the point in all of the rhetoric? What are they trying to achieve?

Even they should know that they stand no chance?

I dont get what NK is so pissed about...did the rest of the world crap on their lawn?

The UN imposed more sanctions on NK because of their nuke program. The midget is only sabre rattling. Ignore the "boy".

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
so...who's up for going to seoul, south korea for a job, or vacation....hello?....anybody? raise your hands...nobody?..americas biggest problem is going to be getting spare parts for all those KIAS and HYUNDAIS sold here....too crass?...ok, my bad.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

you might be right english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

(News Focus) N. Korea fueling tensions to seek diplomatic solution: sources
By Lee Joon-seung
SEOUL, March 27 (Yonhap) -- North Korea may be ratcheting up tensions to push for a diplomatic solution to the impasse on the Korean Peninsula triggered by its recent nuclear test, local observers said Wednesday.

Observers speculate that Pyongyang is using a "two-pronged strategy" of heightening fear of confrontation, while simultaneously pushing for a diplomatic resolution to diffuse the tensions. The isolationist country has come under concerted criticism and censure for detonating a nuclear device on Feb. 12 and launching a long-range rocket late last year despite opposition from the international community.

Such views come as the communist country's military supreme command, the foreign ministry and the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland all issued harsh statements Tuesday that claimed conditions on the peninsula have deteriorated to the point that a nuclear war could take place.
but the why cut the line if you want to talk, i do not think Un knows smoke signals , one but is in the shape of a mushroom.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Jee. I wonder why the world doesn't want them to have nukes. Could it have something to do with the fact that they never officially ended the war with SK? Could it have anything to do with the fact that DPRK's modus operandi is to threaten violence so the rest of the world will listen and give them what they want... and then they turn around and do it again with something else?

Perhaps since the rest of the world has nukes you believe it is only fair that we should go give some nukes to Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan as well?

Following this line of logic should we just go give guns to all criminals, psychotics, etc, etc, just because everyone else has guns?

Brilliant logic.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ed Dames - 17m 45 sec - www.youtube.com...

It will happen, out of anger.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

This is what they've done many times in the past. Rattle those sabres, then tell the world that all will be well, if they're given a billion dollars and a few boatloads of food.

However, I heard on the news this morn., that the US announced they flew a B2 Stealth bomber over S. Korea (last night, past few days, not sure, I was driving and not paying to close attention). We don't announce these things normally, but apparently we wanted NK to know that we did this as a scare tactic.

Could a full scale exchange happen because of a jet jockey playing to close to a line? A NK air defense radar operator getting to excited about an intermittent contact?

Imagine. Someone punches a button, and launches a bunch of anti-air missiles. They cross the DMZ, run out of fuel, and land in SK. Will that cause return fire? Will that in turn cause all of NK's 10,000+ artillery pieces to open up.

A shame if war, possible nuclear war, breaks out over someones mistake/bluff.

edit on 28-3-2013 by 2ndthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hombero

oh yes the double standard , not one nuts-oh can own a gun but a nuke sure why not , not like he will use them er it . How many does it take to prove your unstable ? That your only threatening to use it with out real intention of using them er it, well if this is the case why do not we do the same ,Un if your saying you gonna , we say we gonna nuke you. who would you believe would use them first Un or the US, we dropped 2 why not one more? oh yea that would be end game for all. But a little silly nation like Iran and DPRK, people like Un and the Pres of Iran can say we will use them all they want, they are just kidding, or seeking peaceful use do not look at the refinement/enrichment that is for some other use , not the bomb, here is a blinder to put on , helps in look in one direction and keeps you from see the light of truth and knowledge.

Un means no harm , he does not want war for it is all empty words from a yelping pup that is afraid of Paper Tiger, he see B52's and needs dipper changed.
KIM JONG UN or is it Kim Jong-eun, or Kim Jung-eun give it up nukes is not a game , a game no one wins, for if you do use it it will be used on you. or should be an eye for an eye a nuke for a nuke any thing less then all should threaten to use them, or is the US become a real paper tiger all words no backbone?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

For all we know, he may have a back-door tunnel or two over to China for jsut this type of thing.
One never knows what their enemy is thinking 100%.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
From my experience NK has done nothing but threaten with Nukes and test out their crappy technology. I just cant sit here and believe that they would even put themselves in the situation.........Ol' Kim~O~Mac needs to stop sippin Charlie's Tiger Blood. There has been enough "strategic patience" with this fool. His time has come and his time is now!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndthought
reply to post by bekod

This is what they've done many times in the past. Rattle those sabres, then tell the world that all will be well, if they're given a billion dollars and a few boatloads of food.

However, I heard on the news this morn., that the US announced they flew a B2 Stealth bomber over S. Korea (last night, past few days, not sure, I was driving and not paying to close attention). We don't announce these things normally, but apparently we wanted NK to know that we did this as a scare tactic.

Could a full scale exchange happen because of a jet jockey playing to close to a line? A NK air defense radar operator getting to excited about an intermittent contact?

Imagine. Someone punches a button, and launches a bunch of anti-air missiles. They cross the DMZ, run out of fuel, and land in SK. Will that cause return fire? Will that in turn cause all of NK's 10,000+ artillery pieces to open up.

A shame if war, possible nuclear war, breaks out over someones mistake/bluff.

IMO i dont think the US cares if they know we're coming or not. They're small potatoes, im mean..........Kim-Chee

edit on 28-3-2013 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
just found this it is some good reading if you want to know what we the US and SK forces would be up against now if war did come www.kpajournal.com... from the link

KPA Journal endeavors to present new, interesting and updated information concerning all aspects of the Korean People's Army and the defense and intelligence affairs of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (more commonly known as North Korea).
have not had time to research it all but does a good 2010 tank brief

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Let's consider, what will happen if North Koreans starts nuclear?
You will answer, and make a much stronger attacks.
Will that back to life those who died of their attack?
No, it will not, and many consequences will remain, maybe for centuries?
What do they ask for, what is the reason why?
If I may ask it?

edit on 3/28/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I cannot believe that some people in here are suggesting that NK poses a threat to the United States - in any way shape or form.

NK may have successfully tested a nuclear weapon, but those reports are still unconfirmed. All we know, without speculating - is that 3 measured seismic events occured, which the DPRK claimed were nuclear bomb tests.
We have no actual, factual evidence that they have actually built an actual, working nuclear exposive device.
Matter of fact, the largest seismic event measured would equal roughly at maximum a 9 kilton weapon (which is only half of the weapon we dropped on Hiroshima). So in essence, I'm saying 'They MAY' have a nuclear weapon. We have no hard evidence to make a factual conclusion yet.

Furthering that, we have no evidence that any of their missile systems can effectively reach the United States with any sort of nuclear based payload, assuming they were even slightly accurate.

North Korea's military is a big, flat out joke. They absolutely pose no threat to the United States. None.
The only way a war with NK would be a "blood bath / bloody war" is if our politicians want to put their dirty, grubby hands in the jar and get in the way of our Generals who excel at kicking ass and taking names. Thats what happened in the first Korean War, and what happened in Vietnam and IS happening in Iraq and Afghanistan. Let the Generals fight the war, not our corrupt self serving politicians.

The conflict in Libya is a decent, but somewhat loose comparison to the amount of military might we can *effectively* bring to the table.
We came, we saw and we conquered. We did NOT get mired into the political mess (for the most part) of toppling that regieme (as was the case in Korea / Vietnam / Iraq & Afghanistan).

So, in conclusion - let them talk. They will not fire the first shot.
If they do, we will strike fast, devastatingly and unerringly.
edit on 28-3-2013 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Ummm...It seems to me that China is the puppet master behind this retoric. Both China and Brazil just dropped the dollar, (in trade between their countries). I think that as the dollar collapses China will instigate war on two fronts through North Korea and Iran. No doubt hand in hand with Russia.

YouSir

edit on 28-3-2013 by YouSir because: to update the link

edit on 28-3-2013 by YouSir because: enhancement

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join