It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall of the Roman Catholic Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The fall of the Roman Catholic Church and the liquidation of the Vatican may be closer than we think. There are some serious factors leading up to a potential landslide that will cause an upset in the Christian community.

You may remember this article by Reuters.

Pope Benedict's decision to live in the Vatican after he resigns will provide him with security and privacy. It will also offer legal protection from any attempt to prosecute him in connection with sexual abuse cases around the world, Church sources and legal experts say.

"His continued presence in the Vatican is necessary, otherwise he might be defenseless. He wouldn't have his immunity, his prerogatives, his security, if he is anywhere else," said one Vatican official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

"It is absolutely necessary" that he stays in the Vatican, said the source, adding that Benedict should have a "dignified existence" in his remaining years.

Reuters

Loss of Physical Assets

There has been an increasing interest in the Vatican's assets. With several legal cases locked and loaded, Joseph Ratzinger, the former Pope of the Catholic Church, is not safe behind the Vatican walls. What will compound this issue is the financial state of Italy. Just check out some of these quotes for yourself.

Many disagree with with Sorkin that "there is very little chance that politicians would ever choose to use the model they developed in Cyprus in a country like Italy or Spain." ... "The simple fact is ALL fractional reserve banks are technically insolvent because they cannot possibly keep their promise to redeem all their depositors’ money at the same time." - Forbes

"After Cyprus, it will be politically difficult for countries like Italy and Spain to ask for assistance if required, knowing that if a future debt restructuring is necessary then domestic taxpayers face a loss on their bank deposits." ... In other words, it will be difficult for Italy and Spain to get help without mirroring the Cyprus strategy! - ABC.Net

March 26th, 2013 When the news first came out last week that Cyprus was looking to implement such tax, equities markets around the globe turned lower, fearing contagion from the new chapter in the eurozone debt crisis. In particular, investors feared that similar measures could be implemented in places like Italy and Spain.
- NASDAQ

Both political and religious organizations were not immune to the fallout of Cyprus' 40% haircut. In fact some accounts were completely cleaned out, well past 40%! We'll be seeing the evidence of that in the coming weeks. The Vatican's holdings in Italian banks are NOT immune if similar haircuts make their way to Italy.

"Among the organizations that will suffer losses is the Church of Cyprus. Archbishop Chrysostomos said that the Church had more than 100 million euros in capital, which it will probably lose." - Ekathimerini

"The church has considerable wealth, including property, stakes in a bank and a brewery. Tuesday’s rejection of the deposit tax has left the future of the country’s international bailout in question." - Time World: Cyprus: Church Assets at Disposal of State

The speedy loss of assets will leave the Vatican exposed to the endless line of court cases that are currently in the queue. Indeed, this will happen so fast that the Vatican will eventually be forced to liquidate its land assets and relocate out of Italy.

Loss of Spiritual Assets

"The percentage of Catholics practicing their faith is declining almost everywhere around the globe. Almost all bishops report it, but it's difficult to prove statistically." - Catholic News

"But Gibson comes closer to the mark when blaming the Second Vatican Council for the "dwindling numbers. In fact he is being generous, because "plummeting  would be a more accurate term than "dwindling" to describe of the incredibly shrinking Catholic Church since 1965. In every area that is statistically measurable--such as the number of priests, seminarians, priestless parishes and nuns--the deterioration is obvious, and is the exact opposite of the trends before the Council." - The Republic

"Alarmed by their declining congregations, Catholics in Germany who refuse to pay a church tax will be refused Holy Communion or anointing of the sick — unless in danger — Germany's Catholic bishops have decreed." - Digital Journal

The Liquidation of Rome Could Leave Other Christian Organizations In a Wake of Debris

The political downward spiral of the Roman Catholic Church will continue to affect all Christian organizations. The attack on the Vatican's assets will set a precedence. Because what is happing in Cyprus is equally the same tool of the UN.

Just some food for thought, when Rome sacked Jerusalem in 70, it completely burned everything. There was no hope that any of the Jewish prophecies would be further fulfilled, because the genealogical documents were completely destroyed. It was obvious that the Jerusalem did not have God's protection. The same fate awaits the Roman Catholic Church.

“The ten horns and the beast will start hating the shameless woman. They will strip off her clothes and leave her naked. Then they will eat her flesh and throw the rest of her body into a fire.” Revelations 17:16 ; CEV

edit on 27-3-2013 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Dear CodeRed3D,

Don't worry, it all pans out in the end. I know, I read the whole including the ending. Written 2,000 years ago, the bible accurately predicted that it would be spread throughout the world. The Koran cannot say that and neither can any other bible. It then said that there would be a great falling away and there will and there is. It is the only religion that predicted it would go worldwide and then fade away. That includes Catholics and Protestants, we all dwindle away if we actually believe the word.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
.......... There are some serious factors leading up to a potential landslide that will cause an upset in the Christian community.........."

You mean the CATHOLIC community I think.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

I can't help thinking that the fall of the church would be a very bad thing right now. Too many christians are mindless sheep and are willing to follow any belief just to feel as though they belong. How many millions of them would join the Islamic faith? We certainly don't need that insanity growing in numbers.
edit on 3/27/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The end of the Catholic church is not what we need to worry about. Rather the rise and rise of Islam is what we should be panicking over.

The church is bloated and corrupt to the point where it is just a farcical parody of its original and intended form. However, the vacuum it will leave will make a golden opportunity for something far more diabolical to take its place. Think it won't happen? Take a look at religions like Zoroastrianism - once the biggest religion in ancient times and now largely forgotten. Religions come and go and Islam and it's followers will do everything they can to make sure it takes root anywhere and everywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree. The Catholic Church and the Vatican are "too big to fail" at this point. It will simply morph into something that is a little more palatable to the masses of these times.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Rejoice when they hate you for my names sake.

I just saw this article this morning.

Apparently the number one App at the iTunes store is

In the last week, [color=gold] The Pope App is the most-downloaded news app for iPhone in the U.S., Canada, Spain, Venezuela, Peru, Poland, Chile, Mexico, Portugal, and Pope Francis’ home country of Argentina.

It is the second most downloaded news app in France and Germany and the third most downloaded in Germany. The app also ranks in the top ten in eight other countries, the Pontifical Council for Social Communications said March 23.

Pope app tops iTunes store (catholic news agency)

Mike Grouchy
edit on 27-3-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
When the Church fades away, it because Christ has come again to judge the world and rule in peace. (Catholic teaching) We only need the church here until His return.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It's a very old saying, "Where Peter is, there is the Church." Might the Church's money and buildings be taken away? Might some of the less devoted members leave? Both are possible. But even if it loses 90% of it's membership it would still be the fourth largest religion in the world. (Assuming that 90% goes to "no religion.")

I'm not worried about the future of the Church. I am worried about the future of souls.

By the way, how come there is so much press about the Church, and not, say, Episcopalians or Methodists? I wonder if even the media are subconsciously paying homage as they pay attention.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
It's a very old saying, "Where Peter is, there is the Church." Might the Church's money and buildings be taken away? Might some of the less devoted members leave? Both are possible. But even if it loses 90% of it's membership it would still be the fourth largest religion in the world. (Assuming that 90% goes to "no religion.")

I'm not worried about the future of the Church. I am worried about the future of souls.

By the way, how come there is so much press about the Church, and not, say, Episcopalians or Methodists? I wonder if even the media are subconsciously paying homage as they pay attention.

Dear charles1952,

Hello, it has been a bit. I like what you said, "the future of souls". Yep, that is what matters. I anticipate that the church (body of believers, not a particular organization, in my opinion) will continue on; but, many of the organizations we call churches will be devastated. The first Catholic church to be destroyed as an organization will be in the United States as the Vatican has already said it is on it's own monetarily because of the Land o Lakes doctrine. As for the Protestant denominations, they too are dwindling away and will continue to according to their own sources.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hallelujah, Oh may religion continue to decline and real relationships with God increase.

re·li·gion
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.

4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.

5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.

No mention of relationship with God at all. Yet Jesus said "that no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. A person is born physically of human parents, but is born spiritually of the Spirit." John 3:5,6 So you must become a child of God, a father - child relationship. Then you will see the Kingdom of God, i.e. where God rules, which will one day included the whole of the universe again.

2 Corinthians 6:18 And will be to you a Father, And ye shall be to me sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Galatians 4:4 But when the right time finally came, God sent his own Son. He came as the son of a human mother and lived under the Jewish Law,
Gal 4:5 to redeem those who were under the Law, so that we might become God's children.
Gal 4:6 To show that you are his children, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who cries out, "Father, my Father."
Gal 4:7 So then, you are no longer a slave but a child. And since you are his child, God will give you all that he has for his children.
Gal 4:8 In the past you did not know God, and so you were slaves of beings who are not gods.

RELIGION IS A RACKET
edit on 30/3/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D

The speedy loss of assets will leave the Vatican exposed to the endless line of court cases that are currently in the queue. Indeed, this will happen so fast that the Vatican will eventually be forced to liquidate its land assets and relocate out of Italy.

I am weary of non-canonical prophecies but

In 1909, while granting an audience, pope Pius X leaned back and closed his eyes. Suddenly he "awoke" and cried out: "What I see is terrifying. Will it be myself? Will it be my successor? What is certain is that the pope will quit Rome, and in leaving the Vatican, he will have to walk over the dead bodies of his priests."
source

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The false church seen in Revelation is seen at first as rich. However this is after an economic crash and the mass murder of all christians in the 25% of the world kill zone noted Rev.6:8. This beheading happens under public law 102-14 by the UN. The UN world court will not cross with the pope. So this explains why the false church is seen *drunk* on the blood of the saints. As it is not about the dark ages. You can be sure many Catholics also will be dead and explains Nostradomus notes. It seems to me that the Catholic church keeps much wealth hid. To be shown public then. That may also be from the Nazis.

top topics

join