It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neanderthal Mommy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The lights clicked on in a dark room.
They shone glaringly on the face of a woman, exposing her hunched frame to the interrogators.
The glare cast a focus on Ms. Angelina Sole, seated on a chair in a sea of darkness and uncertainty.

A male voice spoke slowly and methodically from behind a desk, behind which a shadowy tribunal was seated.
"Ms Sole I am examiner number one, do you understand?"
"Yes, I do".

Examiner number one: "Ms Sole why are you here?"
Ms Sole: "Because I worked for Futuri Genetics?"

Examiner number one: "How did you come to work for Futuri Genetics?"

Ms Sole: "Well, I just finished medical school, and I had a lifetime of debts, and one day a former professor called me up and said there was a research company with really good pay."

Examiner number one: "Did they pay well?"

Ms Sole: "I signed some forms and the debt for my studies was paid. Then they flew me to somewhere in Eastern Europe, and we were entertained, like on a holiday. That's when I first heard of Futuri Genetics. We were told we would go on an assignment to Africa, to find a cure for cancer and AIDS. The money was good, yes. Next thing we were flown to Africa."

Examiner number one: "How was the facility in Africa?"

Ms Sole: "Well it was like a fortress. Armed guards in towers. We didn't really know where we were. There were laboratories and medical blocks, but also housing, bars and pools for the employees. It seemed like fun at first. The doctors were real party animals. It really seemed like a little world of its own that was doing good work. Sometimes we'd be allowed safari drives or walks in the savannah, which we could otherwise only see through bars from the windows inside."

A female voice began to speak from the interrogation desk.

I am examiner number two: "What happened at the Futuri facility to bring you here and to to save your future career?"
Ms Sole: "I think it's because the Doctor had implanted a Neanderthal embryo into a woman. We were told Neanderthals were virtually human, and the woman was promised the same. She was paid and willing based on what she was told, and what wider culture then believed about the long extinct Neanderthals."

Examiner number two: "What happened to the woman?"
Ms Sole: "She became heavily pregnant after only five months, and her breasts swelled up like soccer balls. Yes, that's what I thought her breasts looked like, like soccer balls. It was my job to medicate her, to attend to her pain, because she was in constant pain. The baby seemed to scratch and kick. Her belly was so stretched I thought she might split (nervous giggle). I also had to feed her meat, she wanted meat all the time ... sometimes cooked, the next minute raw, she didn't care, she just craved meat."

Examiner number one: "What happened when the baby came?"
Ms Sole: "I was booked out for the night. I heard the doctors had to break the mother's thighs ... then the next morning I recall the mother waking up still sedated, and they showed her the baby. First she cried silently and then she screamed. She screamed and yelled."

Examiner number two: "What was wrong with the baby?"
Ms Sole: "It was big, like a toddler, with an enormous head. It was hairy, and it didn't cry... it ...it made a high-pitched wailing sound when hungry. It had teeth! Big block-like teeth! The mother would whisper in a stupor that they had implanted an ape into her body. She agreed to give it her milk in a bag, but she never wanted to see that horrible thing again".

Examiner number one: "Did the mother ever see the child again?
Ms Sole: "Yes, yes she did. She was treated as a mental patient in the facility. About eight years later she was taken back to the medical block, and for a moment ... just for a moment, from the back, she recognized her boy. A teenager amongst many others of his kind. You see they grow much faster. He looked at her with eyes ... like an animal. This time his head looked small on the very broad shoulders and a large body. They'd cropped his hair, but still, this animal face, walking so gracefully on two legs ... it ... it wasn't natural!
Then the doctor instructed him to say hello to mommy. It just stood there, and for a moment I saw tears running down the creases of his face, and those ridges above his eyes pulled together. But he said nothing. Then the doctor gave me the tazer gun and said: "Spare the pain and spoil the cave-child - you discipline him now and make him obey Ms Sole."

Examiner number two: "And what did you do Ms Sole?"
"I looked for something behind those dark eyes, something human. I saw it, and that's why I shot. It wasn't right to see something human in those big cavities. But I shot that tazer gun right into him and he yelled out "Muh-ther!", but I didn't care, I just wanted him gone. I shot again and again and I wanted to kill him. He didn't belong in this world. His world died over 30 000 years ago. It was just wrong. Wrong I tell you all!"

Examiner number one: "Mother, do you still want to kill me now?"
Examiner number two: "That is an unfair question."
Examiner number one: "No it is a question that affects our health and well-being."

Mrs Sole stood up, her wrinkles and grey hair exposed to the light.

"Yes I admit it, I mothered you, I was that woman. I told you today ... I admit it. It was me.
I'm sorry for that.
They lied to me when I was young. First they brought you back and punished you into being humans. They tortured you until you knew our language ... made you little fascists after their own company. Future soldiers they said. Easy to control they said.
And what are you, even long after you killed them all? You haven't even got names! I won't give you names - hell, no!"
I will kill you all first chance I get! Yes you too examiner number one. Just don't keep me a prisoner any longer. I was your mother, I admit it (sobbing)! Now let me die."

With that Ms Sole ran to the window and tore off an edge of black cardboard.
She gripped one of the bars and stared at the sunlight and the tawny savannah.
Soon she would be just another pile of bones, crunched open for their marrow by powerful teeth.
For a moment she turned to see the tribunal of snarling brow-ridges and reddish pupils in the darkness ... then she felt their terrifying physical presence and meaty breaths drawing closer. In an instant she was released.

edit on 27-3-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the flag
I'm not sure whether to class this story as Sci-fi or Horror.

In a sense though, with Neanderthal DNA sequences available, I don't think that somebody trying this eventually is very far-fetched.

Of course it's also a question of nature vs. nurture.

Bringing back past species for our darker purposes may be our own undoing.

new topics

join