It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Wondered What the U.S. Debt Looked Like in Cash?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

You'll Want to See This...

Here is the US debt in stacks of 100 dollar bills from 2011.

Have you ever seen a $100 bill? Sure you have.

Ever seen a wad of them totaling $10,000. Perhaps.

This is $1 million in cash ($1,000,000). On a global average, it takes 92 years of work to total this much money. Not the heaping piles of cash we all expected like in the movies, huh?

Here we have 100 Million Dollars.

Here is a list of Foreign Aid Recipients that receive 100's of Millions (From July 2012)
10. Tanzania ($531 million)
9. Ethiopia ($580 million)
8. Nigeria ($625 million)
7. Kenya ($625 million)
6. Jordan ($676 Million)

This is $1 billion dollars ($1,000,000,000): What can you get for a billion dollars? You could buy a really big submarine from Germany. Or the world's most valuable athlete, New York Yankees' Alex Rodriguez, could give you an idea... to total $1 billion with his world record salary, he would have to play over 16 more years of baseball, every...single...day... (That's 5,890 games in a row...look out Cal Ripken, Jr.!)
Here

Here is a list of Foreign Aid Recipients that receive a Billion Plus.
5. Egypt ($1,557 million)
4. Iraq ($1,683 million)
3. Pakistan ($2,102 million)
2. Afghanistan ($2,327 million)
1. Israel ($3,075 million)
Link
I'm not sure about the figures now with your Sequester, but I Have to ask you Americans - Is this Money well spent?

Below is $1 trillion in cash ($1,000,000,000,000): In 2010, the US government had a 1.7 trillion deficit and this image shows the volume of cash the government borrowed in 2010, alone, to run itself. *Fun fact, if you spent $1 million a day since the birth of Jesus Christ, you would have not spent this much money by now. Rather your total would be around $700 billion which is actually the amount the banks received during the bailout.

A conservative estimate puts the Cost of War at almost 1.5 Trillion Dollars.
Link

Below is $15 trillion in cash ($15,000,000,000,000) – Unless the U.S. government fixes our budget, the national debt will surpass 15 trillion by Christmas of this year. That is 20% of the entire world's combined GDP and in 2011 the National Debt will exceed 100% of our GDP, and start going into the 100%+ debt-to-GDP ratio that has countries like Ireland, Portugal, Greece, Italy, and Spain (Euro PIIGS) are dealing with... bankruptcy.

This report is from July 28th, 2011, The US Debt now stands at 16.7 Trillion Dollars.

What to expect for our future? Let's show you... Below is 114.5 trillion dollars ($114,500,000,000,000): This is the U.S. unfunded liabilities. This is calculated on current tax and funding inputs, and future demographic shifts in the U.S. population. This is the amount of money the U.S. government knows it does not have to fully fund the Medicare, Medicare Prescription Drug Program, Social Security, Military, and civil servant pensions. It is the money the United States of America knows it will not have to pay all its bills. (Our stacks of money are taller than what used to be two of the tallest towers in the world, the Empire State Building and the World Trade Center Twin Towers.)

Link

With Worldwide Hyper Inflation just around the corner, soon we will all need a Stack of Cash like this - Just to Buy a Loaf of Bread.

If it keeps on Raining the Levee's gonna Break.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
9/11 truthers rejoice! Want to know what really brought down the twin towers? it's that massive wad of cash..

Kidding aside, seeing our national debt represented like this.. makes me feel like our money is worth even less for some reason.

edit on 3/26/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/26/1313 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Doods that panhandle
traffic usually have a
couple of drug addictions
not 2 kids ....

as far as the rest
yup .... wheel barrel full of cash
gonna get me a loaf...
with a side of warm water

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That is a big pile of money. If they were all one dollar bills it would be way bigger than all rhw buildings in the last picture.
edit on 26-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Wow ,awesome thanks.

I've always tried to visualize how much money that is.

Now imagine the money in terms of work.

How much work does it take to make that money? For who?

Maybe people who only do good work should earn that money, then maybe the world would make more sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Something to look foward to...

Wow, this type of generosity just brings a tear to your eye doesn't it.

The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2013 has been introduced in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives. If passed, it would raise the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10 per hour by 2015, and adjust it each year after that to keep up with the rising cost of living.
Link

Bill to the Rescue

Bill Gates, the world's most generous person, says that as long as he helps eradicate deadly diseases like polio and malaria, he doesn't care if he's forgotten after his death.
Forbes

Meanwhile here's Bill with his stack of $100 Dollar Bill's

edit on 27-3-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I love this visualization, it realy helps out it into perspective.

Just mind boggling really. I coukd burn that much in a wood stove in a lifetime, not to mention spending that much.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Foreign Aid just makes the Rich in America more Rich. This money is never seen by the poor in these African countries, they go towards the American Owned Infrastructure Ventures like Haliburton and Co.

Disgusting waste of American Tax Dollars.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I like it.

Here is another way to visualize the difference between a millionaire and a billionaire:

Take a 500€-note. This is the single largest note in value nominated in Europe.

For a million €, you would stack 500€-notes upon each other until it reaches about 1m in height. 1 Meter.

For 10 million €, the stack is 10 m high.

For 1.000 million €, the stack is 1.000 m high. If you would stand upon that stack, could you even see the measly 1m-1million€-stack down on the ground? Exactly that is how billionaires look down on a million.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't even know what I would do with that kind of money. The only material thing in this world that I would want is a couple game systems, a nice house near the sea with some good electronics, and enough money to buy McDonalds, beef patties, and chow mein when I felt like it. I always just wanted to be a simple fisherman. That's about $400,000 to set me for the rest of my life. Honestly, if you have over $10 million then you should be obligated to help or at least contribute something to this Earth.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The amounts of money are staggering. I remember when growing up that figures of billions were talked about like it was nothing. Now trillions are talked about like it's nothing, but it's thousand time increase.

If we just look at the $700 billion bank bailout and how the money could have better been spent. Assume your average hard working person in the US. Let's keep the math easy and say they make $40,000 a year. A million dollars could pay 25 of them for a year. A billion could pay 25,000 of them for a year, and 700 billion is enough to pay 17.5 million people a $40,000 salary for one year. Over 17 million people, the majority of whom would spend most, if not all of that money. Couple that with the economic multiplier effect, and your $700 billion now turns into a $3 to $4 trillion dollar impact on the GDP.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Immpossible to pay off, might aswell wipe it.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wow, i just had a thought thats so crazy, it just might work...... With allllllll that cash, one could lobby to have the FED done away with, so we can go back to printing our OWN money and finally be done with all of this damn debt we accumulate...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Wipe it with a really big wad of thermonuclear toilet paper. Oh don't forget to wash your hands afterwards

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Thread already exists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I know that this was not the intent of your thread, but seeing all those giant stacks of money gives me an overwhelming urge to scatter bunches of it into a big, loose pile and roll around in it laughing uncontrollably!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There is one Q in my mind.

Who lend this money to US ?

But I am sure that it is spent on imperialism and NWO.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why Israel and Egypt receive foreign aid? These both countries are filthy rich! Sounds like huge scam. And that huge debt will never be fixed. That would mean USA should make zero spending some time, but that isn't possible. And because of interest, the sum is growing all the time. But debt is money of course.

The Collapse of The American Dream Explained in Animation

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
wow!!!!!!!!!!..............that is really.................depressing.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
David Wilcock does indeed know what he is talking about!!
I saw these pictures on an article from his website.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join