It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of My Friend.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Three years ago you left this cruel world, leaving us lost, our emotions were swirled.

We mourn over your loss, but remember your life, even when the memories cut like a knife.

Today we remember, and tell stories of you, making us laugh, even if taboo.

Like when I stole your car, and drove it through a field, you laughed and puked, your anger concealed.

The fun times we had, will never be forgotten, even the times we were downright rotten.

Your son is the man you would want him to become; he is so much like you it is hard to fathom.

He’s such a great kid, and surrounded by many, who watch over him, and love him plenty.

We will never forget the impact you’ve made, on all our lives in an incredible way.

We’ll keep Jake strong, and remind him of you, and tell him our stories so he’ll know the true view.

Rest in peace, for all is safe here, I know you watch over us, your spirits still here.

You live with us all and can never die, when things are tough, we know your nearby.

Until we meet again, my honorable friend, Semper Fi, until my own end.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That was so beautiful and heartfelt, congrats for pulling some tears out of these chronic dry eyes! That is an accomplishment in my book. I was honestly doing pretty good til I got to the end where you wrote "semper fi" and I lost it. I've had friends in the military die, leaving grieving families and friends and so I can relate to this all too well. Your friend was as lucky to have you as you were equally lucky to have him. S&F!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Much of my family are ex-military. Are we ever "ex" though. We get to see a lot of different places, experience danger, and friendships that never die...even death does not separate us. Our brothers and sisters in arms, even those that pass on, never really leave us. They live on in our memory forever. Hubby and I have lost a few Army buds but yet, they are with us in spirit always. Agent orange claimed an ole vet pal of ours....others were lost in combat and such. Yet, there is a special bond that continues...it is strong and enduring.

Was glad to be able to read what you have shared. I can tell you are a good friend to the person you lost and to all those you meet...feelings like that and being able to express such...what a gift. Thanx for what you have presented to us all. Blessings to you and angel hugs to the one that has passed on. We are all one and we will all be together again someday...in a better place where there is no war, no suffering and fear and pain. We can all comfort one another, laugh and love and be whole again. That's a given. Hugs to you. ^j^

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

That was a really nice poem for your friend. Very lovely.
Thank you for sharing it.
Having someone close to you pass on is hard, I know. You seem to be staying strong for his son and that's wonderful.
Peace and love
-nat
p.s. I really like your avatar, Escher is one of my favorite artists.

edit on 28-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join