It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So started playing a video game..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Grand theft auto IV for the xbox, I didn't play it when it came out. the last one I played I think was vice city or something not sure.

Anyways I remember how i used to run around shooting everything and everyone and people would jsut run away except the cops and swat.

So I figured I would do the same in this game and I began to go on a killing spree when I picked up a gun. Well my spree was cut short when some random person driving a car jumped out and he was packing. he put me down simply because I did not expect it..

None of the previous games that I played had armed citizens.. only the cops had guns at most the citizens would try to duke it out with you. the only people with guns were cops and other criminals...

needless to say I am a bit more careful who I mess with in GTA IV

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I remember I would drop all kinds of codes on gta 3

Where you can arm pedestrians, cause riots, crazy driving.

Youd see some elderly lady would be sprinting down the street with an rpg just going ape #.

Not to mention the fast/slow gameplay cheat code made everything 20x funnier.

edit on 26-3-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

GTA 3 was considered the first GTA after the two over head view ones right?? cuz if it is I do remember that. The chatterbox radio was pretty funny too.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Yep thats the one.

One of the first games to give you so much freedom to do as you please.
It was a big step up from most games before it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

yup... that caught me by surprise too actually

GTA4 is very detailed, and graphic... far more so then the previous ones...

I think this game is bloody evil!

And I love it!!

Highly recommended

Can't wait for part 5 now..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

that was graphic! Well what I thought was cool was when I flew out of the windshield when I crashed into something. Also when I rear ended a truck on the highway only to have a bunch of barrels fall on me.

I didn't play it when it came out simply because I was too busy with life and I got burnt out by the previous ones.

I am not too far into it but I am taking it slow. I bought it for steam on pc but I coudln't install that Microsoft windows live game software so it would not let me save games. So i just bought the xbox version.

The only thing that disappointed me was that there are not firetruck missions or ambulance missions.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Heres something similar to what I was talking about

Also

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Around some areas there are gangs that will shoot at you for causing trouble.
Infact right where your first safehouse is is controlled by Russian mafia.

Best kill I had in IV: I was having a shoot out with cops on mission, I ended up at a junk yard that kind of goes uphill from the road, so I'm at the highest part Nd cops are pulling up at the bottom.
One cop drives up, his car facing me, he gets down by his front left wing for cover, I shot him in the shoulder with a pistol which causes him to fumble his shotgun which then discharges under his own head. The red mist I saw was never as beautiful as this time.

He basically blew his own brains out.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
On a side note... for anyone who wants to have a bit of fun

Try slapping someone and then waiting til the cops show up without actually fighting back...

Guess who gets arrested?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I remember showing my dad that a couple years ago on accident when he got a PS3. "Hey watch I'm gonna beat this guy up."

5 seconds later I was running the other way down the street with 5 dudes chasing me! He still laughs about it
edit on 26-3-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Funny how life imitates art.
It is this way in real life.
Notice the nuts only go on shooting sprees in well disarmed areas.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was thinking the same thing. well actually it was just my response. I began to think.. maybe I should be moe careful when I attack someone lest there are people with guns around capable to stop me.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Well first time I got a gun in gta 3 i went up to a group of gang member thinking i was going to dominate them.. well i was running away from five guys with bats.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Imagine how much more powerful the thought is when there is no pause or save point!
To think the average Joe would not think this would be Bloombergish or feinsteineriffic!

new topics

top topics

join