It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of God in Logic and Absolute Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You came here to find the proof. Let's see if you can?

Test to Prove God

The link above is a logic experiment pressing you up against the wall of your own ignorance. Deny it or deny your ignorance. I am interested in your responses.

Myself, I think this is clever and brings the rational answer to the front of what is most evident. For any axiom to be true, it must be most evident. I am not saying we can have a proof of God aside from discovery of Him, but ultimately, what is most evident is already with us daily.

edit on 26-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Well, it didn't let me get past the first question. So it didn't prove anything to me.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
That is an awesome tool. Like always you come up with great stuff. I believe and still found alot of good info on that site. Great Find Brother!
LoveLoud!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

"The Proof...

To reach this page you have admitted that absolute truth exists, that you can know things to be true, that logic exists, that it is unchanging, that it is not made of matter, and that it is universal.

Truth, knowledge, and logic are necessary to prove ANYTHING and cannot be made sense of apart from God. Therefore... God does exist."

hmmmm..... funny little word game, with a non-sequitur finale.
edit on 26-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

/yawn

..next

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sorry, but this was a pointless exercise, and it's riddled with false dichotomies. This is a poor attempt at passively trying to make me a theist.

Edit: Oh, it's you...that explains everything.
edit on 3/26/2013 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Well, it didn't let me get past the first question. So it didn't prove anything to me.

Is that absolute truth, or are you lying?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

/yawn

..next

Is that logical?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Sorry, but this was a pointless exercise, and it's riddled with false dichotomies. This is a poor attempt at passively trying to make me a theist.

Edit: Oh, it's you...that explains everything.
edit on 3/26/2013 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

What are you basing this truth on?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
That is an awesome tool. Like always you come up with great stuff. I believe and still found alot of good info on that site. Great Find Brother!
LoveLoud!

Logically spoken and full of truth.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Since I was forced to answer the way the site wanted me to, Uh no this is crap...Yes I believe in God, but common man. Do you think this will change anyone's thoughts on God? It is laughable.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tachyonmind

"The Proof...

To reach this page you have admitted that absolute truth exists, that you can know things to be true, that logic exists, that it is unchanging, that it is not made of matter, and that it is universal.

Truth, knowledge, and logic are necessary to prove ANYTHING and cannot be made sense of apart from God. Therefore... God does exist."

hmmmm..... funny little word game, with a non-sequitur finale.
edit on 26-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

Not entirely. All conceptions of consciousness exist, either in abstract form or rendered form. Finite things imply infinite. There can never be a finite amount of infinite things, neither can there be an infinite amount if finite things. Are you finite? There can only be one infinite. God says we are INSIDE his image and the image of Him.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Genesis 1 states the following properties. Name one that is infinite. In the Beginning (TIME), God created the Heavens (Space) and the Earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Which is infinite? Only one.

What is energy? Information. Evidence: See video below. Susskind notes that energy is information. He covers all angles to this argument.

What did God say made us? Information. Is an acorn the oak tree or is the oak three the acorn? Neither. They are the essence of WORD inside both, rendering abstract construct to form. One is infinite and the other is eternally changing. Both are from what is Eternally the same. God is all archetypes that can or have ever been known. Logic and rational thought shows that never ending finite cycles of reality implies an infinite source. What changes must be anchored by what does not. All things are relative to their opposites. Show me one thing that is not. Good and evil are the parable for polarity.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
Since I was forced to answer the way the site wanted me to, Uh no this is crap...Yes I believe in God, but common man. Do you think this will change anyone's thoughts on God? It is laughable.

What absolute truth do you base this upon? Is your conclusion logical if there is no absolute truth?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Because your test didn't proof anything to me, I'm a liar?

I'm telling you the truth that I didn't get past the first question. Is that "Absolute Truth - True for all people at all times everywhere"? No!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm telling you the truth that I didn't get past the first question. Is that "Absolute Truth - True for all people at all times everywhere"? No!

What truth to you base this on? Is that first statement you made true? Is it logical to assume you base this on some foundation?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I agree with the conclusions that "test" leads one to. God is monumentally self-evident to anyone who cares to look for him. That said, I see the point of the detractors. For instance...

Unless one knows everything, or has revelation from someone (God) who does, something we don't know could contradict what we think we know.

Devil's Advocate: "There can be truth without God. Everything that is, is, whether God exists or not, and that 'everything' includes true truth. The sun rises in the east, but is it that way because God willed it so, or because the Earth just happened to end up spinning counter-clockwise after it formed out of the stellar dust cloud? Which is true? We can't know. But the sun still rises in the east. That is an absolutely true statement which cannot be logically contradicted. Therefore, I reject your conclusions and substitute my own!"

See the problem? There's no convincing someone (with logical arguments alone) of the truth of anything that they've chosen to not believe. It is in fact that very choice that marks the difference between all of us. If you choose to believe in God, you've got a very different mindset from someone who's chosen not to. How many Christians were forced to believe in Jesus Christ? Very few. My parents tried it, but I still rejected it at first and independently came to that conclusion on my own much later.

The choice defines us. The choice is the sign God is looking for in his believers... and non-believers will persist in not believing forever, unless God himself appears before them and burns their eyes out... and that's why he gives us absolutely zero hard proof of his existence. See what I mean? If not, Revelation 22:11 might help: "Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy." If someone chooses not to believe, it means they've chosen not to use their eyes and ears. Why would God want them hanging around for eternity?
edit on 3/26/2013 by Thought Provoker because: Typoooooooo

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The Proof that God exists is that without Him you couldn't prove anything.

Prove it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthart
LoveLoud!

Logically spoken and full of truth.

You seem to be willing to lump praise on those who agree with you and accuse others of illogical ignorance if they do not.

It's you who fails to comprehend logic. Hey if you don't know why things are, it's ok to say you don't know. It's a bit silly to go "I don't know, therefore GOD." but hey, big world and all that.

/thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What truth to you base this on?

What truth do I base what on?

Is that first statement you made true?

My first statement was that I couldn't past the first question.

Is it logical to assume you base this on some foundation?

What?

edit on 26-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Not entirely. All conceptions of consciousness exist, either in abstract form or rendered form.

Explain this is terms that you think a child would understand. Can you?

Finite things imply infinite.

Explain this with an example - preferably something from the real world.

There can never be a finite amount of infinite things, neither can there be an infinite amount if finite things.

This now contradicts what you just said. I see this a lot with this sort of new age religious thinking. Rambling, I should say.

Are you finite? There can only be one infinite.

Define what you think finite is.
Define what you thinki infinite is.

God says we are INSIDE his image and the image of Him.
Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Comprehension problems again. To be made in the image of, is not to be made INSIDE the image of.

Genesis 1 states the following properties. Name one that is infinite. In the Beginning (TIME), God created the Heavens (Space) and the Earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

Which is infinite? Only one.

Baa Baa Black sheep, have you any wool? Is the wool infinite?

This is how you sound.

What is energy? Information. Evidence: See video below. Susskind notes that energy is information. He covers all angles to this argument.

What information do you personally receive from energy?

What did God say made us? Information.

No, a man said that. While he did attribute it to god, I do not recall where any man heard god actually say this. Besides this, humans did not spring up out of the ground over night. If you think your parents had no action in creating you, then you need biology lessons.

Is an acorn the oak tree or is the oak three the acorn? Neither.

Nor is it a glass of milk. I'm thankful we know the difference.

They are the essence of WORD inside both, rendering abstract construct to form.

What word? God? Inside a tree? or the seed? What on earth is going on inside your brain?

Done my head in...

This is why they built churches. to keep this sort of thing contained.

top topics

join