It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina invades the Falklands .........!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

It's true, the Argies are at it again..........!

In the Virtual world that is...........:-0

An Argentinian games maker has added a new map into Counter Strike where the British are the "Terrorists"......

Will they ever learn......... we need a Falkands map of the original 1982 war is I think....

PDUK
edit on 26-3-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: Spelling

edit on 26-3-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Pretty misleading title...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Yes and No........IMHO

It's the sentiment and intent....... Maybe next we have a Somalian vs the US where you play a 'skinny' kicking the American invaders out of Mogadishu....:-?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
When will the Pyongyang map be debuting?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is not political breaking news!

just another waste of time thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
When will the Pyongyang map be debuting?

Here ya go....

Even Our Best Video Games Can't Predict What Kim Jong-Un Would Do To Win a New Korean War

It is curious that there are far more games on a Soviet invasion of West Germany that never happened than a Communist assault on South Korea that actually did. It is even more curious that there haven't been more games on a Second Korean War, given how volatile the region is....

Can wargaming illuminate a Second Korean War? To some extent, yes.

All-out war would be intense, bloody, and most of all, big.
For flight sims, it's easy. Find the flight sim of your choice. Find a game that lets you pit the latest F-15s, F-16s and stealth bombers against 1970s and 1980s Soviet—and Chinese-made aircraft flown by pilots who can barely get their planes in the air. That's the air war over North Korea (or all five minutes of it).

Shooter games can be anything that lets you pit top-of-the-line Western equipment against older Soviet and Chinese tanks and rifles. I'm not going to bother with an arcade game like Invading North Korea. As for Homefront, what can I say? If you believe in a North Korean invasion of California, then you also believe that he invented the hamburger.

Strategy games offer the most insights into what a Second Korean War might be like. While North Korea would love mano-a-mano combat between the fat, lazy imperialist mercenaries and the heroic Korean People's Army soldiers, the U.S. isn't about to oblige. Aircraft will rain down smart bombs, including bunker-busters to destroy weapons and installations inside mountains.

To get the flavor of this, try Hornet Leader. It's not a flight simulator, but a 2D air strategy game that challenges the U.S. player to plan an air campaign of multiple strikes. The graphics are blah and the turn-based gameplay may be a little dry, but it probably offers a deeper glimpse into a Korea air war than many flight sims.

The air war won't be decided by dogfights but by careful mission planning to hit key targets while avoiding an aging but still lethal air defense system (the Modern Air Power series from HPS Simulations is also worth checking out).

For the ground war, the deepest game is Raging Tiger, designed by Pat Proctor, a U.S. Army lieutenant colonel who's currently fighting in Afghanistan. Raging Tiger looks like the kind of computer simulation that real military professionals use, and unfortunately it plays the same way.

This is a very complicated tactical (platoon and company), pausable real-time game with a lot of detail in terms of planning artillery barrages, issuing units the appropriate standard operating procedures, and so on. Easy or visually appealing it's not, but if you want to see modern combat through the eyes of a military professional, this is the game.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I really don't want to be a party pooper but if u look up history doesn't the falklands belong to Argintina?( original )
I'm not trying to pick a fight, so if your British could u please try be objective? Its probably a touchy subject.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 26-3-2013 by bphi1908 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Yes and No........IMHO

It's the sentiment and intent....... Maybe next we have a Somalian vs the US where you play a 'skinny' kicking the American invaders out of Mogadishu....:-?

Already been done...

You-Be-The-Terrorist Videogame Sales Reach $600 Million In 5 Days

A polite warning that the video capture is deemed inappropriate for some ( I guess because its alright for kids to graphically simulate killing people from other cultures but inappropriate when the role is reversed?
)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
I really don't want to be a party pooper but if u look up history doesn't the falklands belong to Argintina?( original )
I'm not trying to pick a fight, so if your British could u please try be objective? Its probably a touchy subject.

Our nation has a history of discovering land and claiming it under the common wealth. See India & Australia for more info.

TBH I don't see why Argentina are even bothering. They got their asses handed to them 30 year's ago and they'd get their asses handed to them again if they tried any funny business.

I do find it funny how literally days after Pope Francis was announced at the Vatican, Argentine President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner was over there like a shot grovelling about the Falklands.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Waste of my time...by the way Geographically the Malvinas are Argentine!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

It depends who's history books you're reading. From what i can tell, France, Spain, Argentina and the UK all have potential claims to the Islands. I guess possesion really comes down to who has the guns and weaponry to protect their territory.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

Ha........ I was in Argentina 3 was ago at the El Metejohn polo resort and also in Cordoba, up in the hills..... Beautiful country and very nice people - except for that Dumbass leader of yours, Christina Kirchener.......

Best wishes to your Pope though - seems like a genuine and caring guy

Regards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
This is not political breaking news!

just another waste of time thread.

Simple attitude and closed mind rigel4

Unless there are bullets flying then its not news ...?

This is an example of slow and continuous de- sensitising of a population whom need a new leader , the reminder of a pointless venture by Argentina....... The people of that country need better IMHO

pDUK

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The British claimed land all over the world, they cry for the falkland which is clearly Argentinas, doesn't take a moron to look at a map and go hmmm. Think if Germany had kicked their butts most of the world would have got its land back and freedom for African countries under brutal colonial rule would have ended.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
But isn't this sorta like Columbus claiming America? If the island was inhabited then how can they then reclaim something thats is obviously already claimed.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I'm an American but I'll try.

I think if you picked up a history book you would find that the Falklands/Malvinas were discovered by a Brit in the late 1600's, first inhabited by the French and British, were briefly governed by the Spanish and have been a permanent British colony since the mid 1800's.

Argentina's claim lays in a privateer mistakenly believing the islands were uninhabited and laying claim to them in the early 1800's.

The only reason the issue is still under discussion is because the Argentinian dictator Leopoldo Galtieri decided to cash in on nationalistic sympathies as a distraction to his failed economic policies and invaded the islands in 1982.

Didn't work out to well for Argentina but they did manage to give the brits a fat lip and a few bruises before it was all over.

My dates may be a bit off but the sequence of events is correct.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well Ol Chap it would seem that the Brits are going to need those pesky Falkland Islands now, especially since the Scots are going to give them the ol snub, wouldn't you say ?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Kudos to you
And now with those huge banks of natural gas I can see this becoming a point of interest.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Our nation has a history of discovering land and claiming it under the common wealth. See India & Australia for more info.

TBH I don't see why Argentina are even bothering. They got their asses handed to them 30 year's ago and they'd get their asses handed to them again if they tried any funny business.

I do find it funny how literally days after Pope Francis was announced at the Vatican, Argentine President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner was over there like a shot grovelling about the Falklands.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

Speaking on getting your hat handed to you, it seems to me that apart from the Roman Empire, the Brits practically owned the entire world at one time. Now all they have is that island they live on. Well, maybe not the whole Island as the Scots are about to toss them out too. Something tells me the Brits can't afford a war in the Falklands this time around. Not without bankrupting their economy for the pride thing.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join