It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Sued Over Use of Pesticides Linked to Bee Harm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

US Government Sued Over Use of Pesticides Linked to Bee Harm

consciouslifenews.com

The US government is being sued by a coalition of beekeepers, conservation and food campaigners over pesticides linked to serious harm in bees.

The lawsuit accuses the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of failing to protect the insects – which pollinate three-quarters of all food crops – from nerve agents that it says should be suspended from use.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
EU Bee-Killing Pesticide Ban Crumbles Under Corporate Interests
Poland Beekeepers Win Ban on Monsanto's GMO!
Poland Beekeepers Win Ban on Monsanto's GMO!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I doubt this wil get very far. But it is worth a try. Neonicotinoid are now known to cause damage to bees. They recently tried to ban them in Europe based on the scientific evidence. They failed to because of the UK and Germany.

Evidence leaked from Bayers suggests that the company knew the chemicals where harmful to bees. It still got EPA approval.

The government should be protecting the people and nature. Not these companies.. I hope they win

consciouslifenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Considering the recent passage of the Monsanto Protection Act, I can only assume that more companies will soon follow suit (pardon the pun) and also seek "protection" from the EPA's regulations and being held accountable for the effects of their products. Not like the EPA actually does much to protect us from the corporations anyway.

I see many of these emerging chemicals, GMO's, and pharmaceuticals in much the same light as the Romans lining the aquaducts with lead. Initially it may work well, but the long term effects won't be known until it's far too late to do anything about them.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I really hope that they win. Bees play a major role in the environment and their loss affects us all.

I will be keeping (ha pun) an eye on this for sure.

S&F

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I hope they win too. The little bees are taking a pounding these days and need some help. It is shame that money is put before common sense.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by daryllyn

I hope they win too. The little bees are taking a pounding these days and need some help. It is shame that money is put before common sense.

The answer to 99 out of a 100 questions... is money.

What's even sadder is that the money comes before the people do. Do they not understand that they (and their families) will be affected too?

You can't eat money.

I am really hoping for victory on this one.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Closed in error...Reopened for discussion.
edit on Wed Mar 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

The government seem to have a real thing against the poor bees. They just do not care.. And that is sad. Without the bees life would become very difficult for mankind.. I hope they win..! Fingers crossed...

new topics

top topics

join