It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The price of a gallon of milk.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

For the goat milk it runs 3.50 a liter , 6.50 for half a gallon. I've never seen a whole gallon for sale I just pick up 2 half gallons.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It's amazing how different cultures are. Here in Portugal I used to drink about 1 Litre per day, now I'm at 0,5. My house spends smething like 1,5 litres a day, that's something like 12 gallons month, and it's just me and my grandparents!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You shouldn't be drinking milk or consuming dairy regardless.

Lactose
IGF-1
Cancer

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There is a simple answer for the change in the taste of milk if you live in the US. It used to be that dairy cattle were fed large amounts of corn and a small amount of silage. Now with the amount of corn that is used in producing ethanol driving up the price of corn for cattle feed, the amount of corn has been reduced and the silage increased. This has changed the taste of milk.

Silage

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JameSimon
It's amazing how different cultures are. Here in Portugal I used to drink about 1 Litre per day, now I'm at 0,5. My house spends smething like 1,5 litres a day, that's something like 12 gallons month, and it's just me and my grandparents!

Gah.. I cant imagine that. I bought a gallon of milk 2 weeks ago for some reason, it still sits there, un-opened.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0m3gakn1ght7
You shouldn't be drinking milk or consuming dairy regardless.

Lactose
IGF-1
Cancer

I remember when Casein protein supplements were touted as the short cut to massive lean gains while lifting, I almost jumped on this protein bandwagon but it was always sold out in local retailers.

Fast forward a decade and I saw a report on how they were going to fight world hunger with supplement food packs that had upwards of 20% casein. They were trying to market it as safe and necessary to starving children's diets worldwide.

Now, introducing the results of a casein heavy diet no matter location or age, the result is death.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
farmers here get banned from the milk company here if they use silage.

Its not very nice tasting milk you notice the difference.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
adult humans should not be drinking goat or cows milk intended for thier newborns.

but I drink a quart a day

weird

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

cravendale milk over here in the uk as a shelf life of 3 weeks and it tastes better than normal milk

semi skimmed nice

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The milk association, I think that's their name, has petitioned the FDA to put carrageenan into milk without listing it as an ingredient. It is already an ingredient in some chocolate milk. It can cause the destruction of our macrophages, possibly lowering our ability to fight diseases.

I know that milk is a natural Beta blocker. I am allergic to the protein in milk. I had a headache most of the day today from having a big malt last night. My wife was making a pineapple upside down cake with a fresh pineapple and I took a few pieces. It tasted great and I found myself gobbling down a bunch of pieces only to find my headache disappearing. I researched it and found it contains Bromelein which is an enzyme that breaks down milk proteins and other meats. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I now know to eat pineapple if I drink milk. Grapefruit also contains this enzyme. I was surprised that it would work on what I ate a long time before. I guess it activates the macrophages to destroy things also. Maybe the carrageenan in the ice cream and the chocolate milk I used to make it caused the problem. I don't have much respect for the FDA anymore, they are aware of the problems with Carrageenan but allow it in everything, even organic food.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't know what its like to have the milk go bad.

I have boys.

But anyway, milk always smells funky to me even when its still good, but, then I've never been a fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join