It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!Blackberry Founder Dumps $100mil into Quantum Physics Fund!! Awesome!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As a lot of you probably know, the company who made Blackberry phones(formerly known as RIM), went up for sale a few years ago. Well it sold, and the former CEO just pumped 100 million big ones into the "Quantum Physics Investment Fund".

Like the title states....

Read Here

I expect to see technology soar to new heights with investments like this.

I'll add more later when I get more time. Just thought I'd share.

Seth

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Aren't there those out there that think that the technology boom is over? That we've hit a "ceiling"? I think there were even people on ATS who believe that. Where are you guys at?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sefhinny

That is good news. And for those who think the discovery and innovative boom is almost over, ha! It's galloping along like Secretariat used to, before he died, or even went to stud - the Belmont Secretariat, that's how the boom looks to me.

I'm still waiting for Bill Gates and people at his monetary level to fund even more massive telescopes and the rest of the dreams of people who want to see the best equipment money can buy up and running in all fields of discovery and exploration.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sefhinny
Aren't there those out there that think that the technology boom is over? That we've hit a "ceiling"? I think there were even people on ATS who believe that. Where are you guys at?

Most of these breakthroughs are coming from the fields of quantum information theory and condensed matter physics, both based on quantum field theory. Any future technology will have to be based on the understanding of quantum field theory. That's the main premise.

We already understood the science that underlies all future technological innovations. Anything beyond the science we currently understand has a near infinite improbability of ever yielding anything practical.

The laws underlying the physics of everyday life are completely understood

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sefhinny

Nope. I think you're mistaking Blackberry's ceiling, which is not the most popular, with the quantum physics ceiling which is still going up. Quantum physics just got renewed with spintronics and quantum optics and experiments with closed timelike curves. I lump it all together now and call it quantology, because "physics" sounds like it's only available to rocket scientists and Einstein.

This money man is smart, but 100 million, well, maybe with the cost of supplies you could eek out two or three small research groups. I think it's more intended for those universities out there that already have labs full of equipment and a stockpile of ambitious nerds who never made it to CERN.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm glad that quantum physics is finally being accepted by the majority. We can all thank quantumtech for technology that has slipped it's way into everyone's daily life.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Blackberry Founder? HA!!!!

No one uses Blackberries anymore so hopefully he's already cashed out on his own products a decade ago.

Good on him though ...quantum Physics is Awesome.....how reality works on a fundamental level. Atoms are basically the pixels of reality

top topics

join