It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chihuahua Battles Pitbull to Save Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Honey, the girl's four-year-old Chihuahua, sprung to action and tried to get the pitbull away from the child. The pitbull's owner, who witnessed most of attack, told Jenna's family members that the smaller dog successfully lured the bigger animal away.

www.cbc.ca...

Go Honey!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That is soo cool. But it makes me miss Chiquita Marie aka Skeeter. The chihuahua that we had for 14 years.
Rip Skeeter.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Go Chihuahuas!

I lost my little Molly in October (pictured in my avatar) and she was FIERCELY protective of me.

But that is not unusual of the breed. They get made fun of relentlessly by people who don't know better but they are actually known to be the most faithful and protective breed.

Glad the girl is OK (somewhat lol).

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yes, that breed is underestimated for their fierceness. Skeeter drew blood on quite a few people. On their ankles! I kid you not. She was a true ankle biter lol. She too was extremely protective and vocal around strangers, mailmen and the paper boy.

Regarding the OP. This is why I'd choose to always have a canine. They are true companions and protectors.
edit on 26-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Wow that's really sad and really amazing at the same time. That poor little girl looks pretty beat up, but the little guy that saved her is pretty inspirational. Even the little ones can help their owner.. My cat would NOT save me from a burning house (another reference in that article)

On a side note, I still love pit bulls and in no way think that this was the animals fault and the owners should be the ones under investigation. Some of the loveliest,sweetest dogs I've met are pitties with wonderful experienced owners who know how to handle this breed of dog. I myself had a Old English Bulldog (the big one, not the stuby little one) and his breed is also known to be aggressive but was the sweetest dog in the world. Never hurt anyone or any animal.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My First Dog was a Chihuahua named Peanut.

She would viciously protect our family.

She was also not so bright.

She got ran over by a School Bus.

According to witnesses she was attacking the Bus...

RIP Peanut

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Funny, but I see a different much more believable story.
Pit sees prey, pit breaks free, pit goes after prey.
Then the little girl got in the way attempting to protect her dog.
I am not saying that chihuahuas do not have heart, they are tenacious most of the time and have a terrible temperment.
I don't see the pit attacking the girl, but the tiny prey dog.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Funny, but I see a different much more believable story.
Pit sees prey, pit breaks free, pit goes after prey.
Then the little girl got in the way attempting to protect her dog.
I am not saying that chihuahuas do not have heart, they are tenacious most of the time and have a terrible temperment.
I don't see the pit attacking the girl, but the tiny prey dog.

That's not as charming of a story!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by walliswallis

I hate chihuahuas. I have never met one that liked me

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

Maybe they can sense your chihuahua hate

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RooskiZombi

Years ago I had a girlfriend with a taco bell dog. My first day at her house this shaking lil ball of nerves was sitting between us and she asked me to get her purse off the table right in front of us.
Went to grab it and this lil # dog goes ballistic and she started laughing... She did it on purpose.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Too cute!

Yes, they love to nip! LOL!

I don't know if Molly ever drew blood but I know she nipped all the time. lol

And to the person who said they never met a Chihuahua that liked them- I wouldn't take it personally. Chihuahua's are known to like only their owners and nobody else. A social Chihuahua is very rare. Most of them are insanely loyal to one owner. That's the way Molly was. She tolerated my husband and son for my sake but I was her mama.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
They are brave dogs. Little spazes but brave...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I used to be strictly against chihuahuas...couldn't stand them, until my Mija came into my life. I lost her on march 4th and haven't quite been the same since. She was filled with so much love for our family I think she would have fought the entire world if it meant protecting our family. It was like she was oblivious to how small she really was. That is a hallmark of that breed I sorely undervalued until I had a chiahuahua of my own. I am so glad that young girl is alive!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I only like giant-sized dogs like Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds. They have the most personality, are physically most interesting and they don't live too long so you don't need to worry about getting tired of them quickly.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Yeah but they live long enough for you to get attached. I love big dogs myself. Eventually I plan on getting a Presa Canario

And what is it with Chihuahuas shaking all the time? I've never come across one that didn't have the shakes.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I don't really know what is up with the shaking either. Mija did not shake very much and she was not hyper, yippy or aggressive unless she sensed a threatening situation. My dog had congestive heart failure though and she was really old, so I have wondered if maybe that was a factor in her "mellowness." every other chiahuahua I have known has done the nervous twitching thing and I assumed it was because, being such small dogs they were in a state of hyper viligance, but that's just speculation on my part!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis
I only like giant-sized dogs like Great Danes and Irish Wolfhounds. They have the most personality, are physically most interesting and they don't live too long so you don't need to worry about getting tired of them quickly.

Exactly the only reason why I do not like the mammoth breeds, longevity.
I could never get tired of them, but they live just long enough to rip your heart out when they have to go.

But they always seem to be the most laid back dogs though, I guess prolly because they are the Apex predator and feel no need to project attitude.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Yeah but they live long enough for you to get attached. I love big dogs myself. Eventually I plan on getting a Presa Canario

And what is it with Chihuahuas shaking all the time? I've never come across one that didn't have the shakes.

Same as humans, adrenaline.
They get worked up easy.

(EDIT)
This may be why I believe the pit went after the dog and not the girl, the girl was unfortunately collateral damage.
But this is only a theory, I have no doggie diplomas but I have years of hands on.
edit on 26-3-2013 by g146541 because: School of hard knocks.

top topics

join