It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God does not exist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
God is hated, God is denied, God is mocked and ridiculed, but God does not exist.

Also, the reality of a spirit one does not call existence, so it does not exist.

It is reality, but it does not exist.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
why does one not call the reality of a spirit existence?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
.... and this is how you cope with your own view of the world, and why things are they way they are.

Much like someone else might definitely believe in God, because it helps them cope with their view of the world.

One thing is for sure, you posted an opinion, and didn't support it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

I don't even know what people are talking about when they use the word "God." I understand that they think we're talking about the same thing, but that's a bad assumption.

The question is, can something exist that we can't adequately define or understand?

link   
reply to post by Angle

Also, the reality of a spirit one does not call existence, so it does not exist.

Um...what?

I am extremely confused.

What are you getting at here?

Is your point that people deny God despite God not existing?

Would not a person have to deny something to proclaim its non existence?

edit on 26-3-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

link   

God is hated, God is denied, God is mocked and ridiculed, but God does not exist.

Ironic isn't it?

Nothing exists, not even you or Tommy or Sue. We are all just flickers of light, no beggining and no end, just eternal being, shine bright like a diamond now~

Cheers~

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
They are saying, that the nature of god is not to exist, therefore to deny its existence, does not deny its actuallity.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You Do Not Exist . Please Disregard this response.......

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Prove it.

/thread

link   
reply to post by December21st2012

Which makes no logical sense.

If something exists then it exists, it has "being".

If the nature of God is not to exist then how could it be personified in any form?

If God is indeed an actuality then he/she/it would indeed exist.

link   
May god forgive you.
edit on 26-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Satan loves you more anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Satan loves you more anyway.

Satan certainly has a better motivation to love you than some kind of vague multidimensional cosmic superentity.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That's interesting because... you can only offer the above as an opinion. While we can pretty much prove the existence of of things, it is impossible to prove that anything does not exist.

What this means is that any view that God does not exist, demands as much faith as believing that He/She does, lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
God does indeed exist. There is a creation event, and there is intellligence in this universe (us). Does god of all the religeons exist? (probably not) BUT there was something that created this universe and it has gained intelligence through us, at a minimum so we and the Universe meet the definition of a God and or creator. Human religions are just man trying to understand and control itself and the universe. But the universe itself and our very existance, meets some definitions of god. Did some inteligent being create the universe? Don't know, but if the Universe created itself or from nothing and at minimum of us as intelligent beings (self aware) then it is and we are God at a very minimum.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You are either trolling or a child who has not learnt much in life.

Go and say your title to warmongers, politicians, soldiers, mad scientists and terrorists who are all obeying a book that was written many centuries ago.

If YHWH doesn't exist, why is the world leading itself into WW3 followed by Judgement Day ?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am reading "Pray, Hope and Don't Worry" it is the story of a Catholic priest who bore the wounds of Christ (stigmata) for 50 years, he is commonly known as Padre Pio, The book is mostly the personal testimonies of people who knew him and how he changed their lives. He died in 1968.

I have read several books about him and watched the movie "Padre Pio The Miracle Man." I think one of the best days of my life was when I learned about Padre Pio.

I put it out there as a way to say, I do believe God exists and if the only evidence I could give you would be the life of one man it would be Padre Pio.

God did what is impossible for man to do through his servant Padre Pio.

I hope you find God. If will only happen if you seek Him.

edit on 3/26/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: add info

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Um...what? I am extremely confused.
reply to post by Openeye

Thanks! I thought it was just me. I always fear that when I write something, no one will understand it. I wonder if others have the same fear?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

*In my opinion
You forgot that part, because you don't have any facts.
Unless you have traveled to the farthest reaches of the universe and what is beyond.?
Have you done that?
No?
Then all you have left is just your opinion.

Also, the reality of a spirit one does not call existence, so it does not exist. It is reality, but it does not exist

Who said spirit isn't existence? It is an existence, out of our realm of perception.
For example, if you didn't have eyes you wouldn't believe color existed or have any idea what it looks like.
Or if you didn't have a nose you wouldn't know what a scent is because you wouldn't have the means to perceive them, just like we don't have the means to perceive realms (or "dimensions") other then our own "physical" atomic and subatomic based realm, i.e protons, electrons and neutrons.
But that doesn't mean there aren't other forms of existence beyond our measurement.
We haven't discovered everything in the universe, or even anything anywhere near enough to make a "factual" statement like yours.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

How can one have mashed potatoes if one is not willing to engage in mashing? Answer this and you will find spiritual freedom.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join