It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment and ascension.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Before ascension, enlightenment.

After enlightenmet; ascension.

For enlightenment to occur, one does retreat.
For ascension to occur, on became enlightened one should end the retreat. But ascension cannot exist without enlightenment. Ascension never ends.

Ascension is something one does to all people one meets in life. It is spiritual.

Are there those that think, yep, it just strucks me light a ball of lightning. I completely realise this.

To those with questions, I can elaborate on them.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ascension implies "seperation". In my opinion, there is no serperation from "Source". To ascend, you go from "a" to "b". I believe Enlightnment is just "awakening". Becoming aware/awake to ALL THAT IS/Source through enlighenment. Waking up from a dream within a dream. No seperation.

Big Jedi

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Before ascension, enlightenment.

After enlightenmet; ascension.

For enlightenment to occur, one does retreat.
For ascension to occur, on became enlightened one should end the retreat. But ascension cannot exist without enlightenment. Ascension never ends.

Ascension is something one does to all people one meets in life. It is spiritual.

Are there those that think, yep, it just strucks me light a ball of lightning. I completely realise this.

To those with questions, I can elaborate on them.

please define your terms. by "enlightenment" are you referring to self-realisation? by "ascension" are you referring to the belief that some rare individuals have ascended to heaven without dying, or to the idea of a spiritually enlightened being who in past incarnations was an ordinary human, but who has undergone a series of spiritual transformations?

one cannot cause "ascension" to everyone they meet in life, it is an inward process that one may achieve through disciplined meditative introspection and the shedding of the ego.. at least that is the most common definition..
edit on 26-3-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngleTo those with questions, I can elaborate on them.

Why are you constantly starting threads as if you actually know about the subjects they include?
edit on 3/26/13 by MUness because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Kind of reminds me of that Loughner dude when he was posting on the board.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
For one to be enlightened some simple habits must be observed and practiced.

The elevation of an incarnated spirit is proved by the conformity of all the acts of his corporeal life with the law of God, and by his comprehension of spiritual life."

The truly virtuous man is he who practices the law of justice, love, and charity, in its greatest purity. If he interrogates his conscience in regard to the acts accomplished by him, he will ask himself whether he has done nothing wrong, whether he has done all the good in his power, whether no one has cause to complain of him, and whether he has done to others all that he would wish others to do to him. Being filled with the sentiment of charity and kindness for all, he does good for its own sake, without hope of reward, and sacrifices his own interest to justice.
He is kind, benevolent, humane, for all, because he sees a brother in every man, whatever his race or his belief.

If God has given him power and riches, he considers them as A TRUST confided to him for the general good; he is not vain of them, for he knows that God, who has given them to him, can take them from him. If the constitution of society has made other men dependent on him, he treats them with kindness and benevolence, as being his equals in the sight of God; he uses his authority to raise them morally, and not to crush them by his pride.

He is indulgent for the weaknesses of others, knowing that he too needs indulgence, and remembering the words of Christ, "Let him that is without sin cast the first stone."

He is not vindictive, but remembers only benefits; following the example of Jesus, he forgives all offences, for he knows that he will only obtain forgiveness in proportion as he has forgiven.

He respects the rights of others, as established by the law of nature, as scrupulously as he desires those rights to be respected in his own case.
Allan Kardec Spirits book, Chap 11
Source

"Do what I myself used to do during my life upon the earth. At the close of each day I examined my conscience, reviewed all that I had done, and asked myself whether I had not failed in some duty, whether some one might not have reason to complain of me. It was in this way that I succeeded in obtaining a knowledge of myself, and in ascertaining what there was in me that needed reforming.

He who, every evening, should thus recall all the actions of the day, asking himself whether he has done ill or well, and praying God and his guardian angel to enlighten him would acquire great strength for self-improvement, for, believe me, God would assist him.

Ask yourself these questions; inquire of yourself what you have done, and what was your aim in such and such a manner; whether you have done anything that you would blame in another; whether you have done anything that you would be ashamed to avow. Ask yourself also this question:--'If it pleased God to call me back, at this moment, into the other life, should I, on returning into the world of spirits, in which nothing is hidden, have to dread the sight of any one?' Examine what you may have done, first, against God; next, against your neighbor; and lastly, against yourself. -ST. AUGUSTINE

edit on 27-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

top topics

join