It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows bull dog belonging to Mark Kelly's daughter attack sea lion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

vs.

...as this story tries to allude to imo...

...then again...we have this...

vs.

edit on 3/26/2013 by UberL33t because: resize last pic

Be careful with your logic around here.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

It's all dependent on the training of the dog in question. I have had pitbulls for years. If an unwanted animal (racoons, possums, foxes, etc.) get into the yard when the dogs are out I let them have at it. On the rare occasion one of them has gone after an intruding dog or cat I order them to stop and they stop in mid stride and sit down and wait for me. Once we had a pitbull that acted too aggressive with people and we had him put down. While some may disagree with that I say better safe than sorry. My bulldogs are sweet tempered, hang out with the family cats and let my grandbaby ride them like ponies. They also obey my grandkid's commands- and she is a toddler. But if they ever showed any signs of becoming too aggressive with anyone in our family and extended family I would put them down in a heartbeat, but I would do the same if my dogs were chihuahuas.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

I have to say ALL DOGS don't exclude the little guys! My lapper brings me dead rats, and snakes all the dang time! Little biter will kill anything not bigger than him he has gone after squirrels, ducks and cats but has not got the kill yet...
edit on 26-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I had a wiener dog growing up that liked to leave "surprises" for me on the back steps so I would find them when I went out to feed the animals every morning. On the odd days that my mother would have to leavve the house early she definitely did not appreciate finding Bandit's "gifts"!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

You don't compare a wild shark to a house pet. Dogs walk the streets with their owners every day. The same way it attacked a sea lion, it could attack someone's dog, or even a child playing outside. I'm pretty sure we've all seen how most dogs initially react to the sound of a young child's voice, they're keen to it. Don't underestimate what its next action can be, especially after seeing what its capable of, and also seeing its disobedience to its owner when it wouldn't let go at all.
edit on 26-3-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

It's all dependent on the training of the dog in question. I have had pitbulls for years.

I am a dog person who has successfully raised multiple pups in my life. About 10 years ago I took a papered 6 month old American Bulldog.

It was immediately aggressive and after 6 months of failed training techniques, frustration and dog bites I gave up and gifted the dog to a friend who trained this particular breed for sled pulling.

His experience was similar to mine except by now it was a hundred pounds of aggressive dog. It ended up attacking somebody and was euthanized.

I have seen many docile "Pit Bull" type dogs (they aren't a breed unto themselves) and am familiar with the dog bite statistics which place German Shepherds as the most likely to bite.

My experience with the American Bulldog pup has convinced me that some members of the breed are inherently dangerous.

With that, the dog in the video was just doing what dogs do, the fault is on Mark Kelly's family for allowing the dog off leash near a marine mammal habitat.

My two cents

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
reply to post by hhcore

You don't compare a wild shark to a house pet.

As opposed, to say... a Tame Shark?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I am in agreement with you. Some dogs are just aggressive from the get-go. I think that it probably has a lot to do with inbreeding as a lot of breeders don't bring in new bloodlines often enough. I've only had one pitbull over the years who was overly aggressive and had him put down. I cried because of it and I still miss him but giving him to someone else never crossed my mind as I would have been just passing the risk on to someone else. Having a dog spayed or neutered doesn't always solve the problem of aggressive behavior either. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I am in agreement with you. Some dogs are just aggressive from the get-go. I think that it probably has a lot to do with inbreeding as a lot of breeders don't bring in new bloodlines often enough. I've only had one pitbull over the years who was overly aggressive and had him put down. I cried because of it and I still miss him but giving him to someone else never crossed my mind as I would have been just passing the risk on to someone else. Having a dog spayed or neutered doesn't always solve the problem of aggressive behavior either. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

I am in total agreement with you as well ( must mean we are both right
)

I must admit to feeling a certain amount of guilt and responsibility for not having put the dog down myself after learning that it had actually hurt someone.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

With that, the dog in the video was just doing what dogs do, the fault is on Mark Kelly's family for allowing the dog off leash near a marine mammal habitat.

My two cents

Worth .50 (fitty)

It is very terrible for the girl she will not forget this. Because of what happened with Marks's wife and her mom I think they were given a *pass*.. If that was one of us, they would of took our dog, fined us, and maybe even kept that dog to be euthanized. The guy screaming DROWN IT DROWN IT, needs a good knock upside the head... Now while they could of stuck the dogs head under water it is not a guarantee it will let go then. The seal was dead this girl was kind of playing tug of war with the poor little seal, she should of let the seal go because playing tug of war with a dog and a seal, while the seal being the *monkey* in the middle

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by abeverage

That is why cats are pursued in Australia or kept under lock and key. The blame and responsibility is not on the animal but on the human. You reward that destructive action of your dog, he will keep at it...

Well with mine it is not trained or rewarded but the little turd thinks its funny I am sure!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

:

I keep coming back to this pic - That damn thing looks SO prehistoric, lol.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

I keep coming back to this pic - That damn thing looks SO prehistoric, lol.

A grown sea lion *notice lion here folks* would of ripped that dog up badly.. I think a grown sea lion would of killed this dog. They out smart and out swim sharks, they are no wussy animal..
edit on 27-3-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

They really are good people. Its too bad that happened a gutsy guy with heart and the tragedy of his wife, poor dude doesn't deserve having that happen in front of the stupid world.

Whats up with the guy saying drown the dog? He really meant it too he tried to cover and say its so the dog would let go, but then later after the dog did let go he said it again.

Are a lot more people kinda weird nowadays or is it my imagination? That one lady hitting the dog in the snout with what a dead fish? Then it takes an astronaut to finally get results that should have been obvious?
edit on 27-3-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

Now while they could of stuck the dogs head under water it is not a guarantee it will let go then. The seal was dead this girl was kind of playing tug of war with the poor little seal, she should of let the seal go because playing tug of war with a dog and a seal, while the seal being the *monkey* in the middle

It was just goofy, that dog was thinking oh boy oh boy were going to play tug of war and the spoils go to ME!

Stupid weird people.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

I have lived with (wont say owned) so many dogs, I love em all.

All dogs will attack a wild animal. It just has to ask one. lol. Its engrained deep inside of them they are sentient and understand the difference. They need to be leashed if you don't want them doing this because they just love it!

Some even like dead wild animals. Dogs are so full of life...raw nature yet they understand the rules of society and they feel wild animals are fair play. As a lot of humans do too.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by starfoxxx

They really are good people. Its too bad that happened a gutsy guy with heart and the tragedy of his wife, poor dude doesn't deserve having that happen in front of the stupid world.

Whats up with the guy saying drown the dog? He really meant it too he tried to cover and say its so the dog would let go, but then later after the dog did let go he said it again.

Are a lot more people kinda weird nowadays or is it my imagination? That one lady hitting the dog in the snout with what a dead fish? Then it takes an astronaut to finally get results that should have been obvious?
edit on 27-3-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

I would of liked to punch who ever was recording the event right in the nose..

The guy yelling drown the dog should be drowned himself..

Mark Kelley went right in and got the dog to let go. That baby seal died pretty instantly, killing the dog would not of solved anything.. I am kind of glad they did not get cited, but where I am from they would of cited us for loosing control of the animal in a leash zone...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Dog should have been on a leash in that area hands down, doesn't matter what breed....For the dogs safety from an adult sea lion, and baby sea lions safety as well.

That being said, the fact is that the dog wasn't on a leash. And honestly I am not outraged or surprised that this happened. It's just what dogs do! Dogs don't think like humans........no matter how bad you want them to, they are still a predator, incidents like this happen all the time, committed by all breeds of dogs, They may not get filmed, or belong to someone kind of famous, but is is just a fact of life these things happen. No reason for PETA to get involved, I'm sure they understand just as well.

Owners at fault.

I am more outraged at the dumb **** that was yelling to drown the dog. What a piece of garbage. People like that weird me out, I would have told him to STFU if I were there.
edit on 28-3-2013 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

It's fair game in the dogs head!
You should see how many animals my cats kill on a daily basis. Indoor/outdoor cats on 2 acres out in the county. They are always killing rabbits, mice, birds, you name it....for fun they don't even eat them, they play with them and toss em up in the air, and torture them, and then bring them up on the porch like a gift to me.....It is brutal to say the least, but I cant stop them.

Hey, I do have to say that at least the dog would have probably eaten the baby sea lion!!!!! These killer domesticated predator cats we call pets kill way more, for the pure pleasure of it, not because they are hungry.....At least mine do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join