It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Susan Muranishi to make $400,000 a year for life after she retires!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"According to reports by several newspapers, Alameda County, in the San Francisco Bay Area, is paying its County Administrator Susan Muranishi, north of $400,000—for life. This includes a generous base salary of $301,000, plus taxpayer-funded deferred pension plans paid for by the county."

Why do we accept this? Why do the American people allow this to happen when everyone else is suffering?

Here is the link to the story. news.yahoo.com... Please write, e-mail, snail mail, or call anyone you can to stop this from happening. Why do we have to pay for her retirement the rest of her life???? Its time for them to be treated like the rest of us are!

edit on 26-3-2013 by djbj597922 because: (no reason given)
They are no different than the rest of us. They are no better, but since they make the rules/laws they are given extras. Its time for everyone to live under the same rules. No longer should lawmakers who get to vote themselves pay raises be allowed to live off the hard work of the rest of the population. Its time to make a stand!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What is it with California? Remember Bell CA a couple of years ago? One of the poorest cities in L.A. County

It was the first council meeting since the Los Angeles Times reported July 15 that Chief Administrative Officer Robert Rizzo earns $787,637 -- with annual 12 percent raises -- and that Bell pays its police chief $457,000, more than Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck makes in a city of 3.8 million people. Bell council members earn almost $100,000 for part-time work.

They are all living like pimp allstars while the people suffer. As usual... Cali is doomed for collapse very soon.

Pathetic!
www.bloomberg.com...

edit on 26-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

People know where they live. The people could make thier lives hell by protesting and demonstrating in front of their home and when they go out. We could paparazzi them and hassel them to no end. We could make public spectacles. We could make it so that they could never enjoy that money. We are sooooo many and they are sooo few. We could do so many things but we choose not to. At least most of us choose not to.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Some of these salaries are just so outrageous. I can understand justifying salaries to a point when they consider the amount of education, skill and responsibility, but sometimes they go overboard. They will always use the argument they wouldn't be able to find anyone with the credentials to take the job if the salary and benefits were not attractive. That is so much B.S..

I've worn a lot of hats in my day, and what I've observed in both private and government jobs, most administrative people think they're worth it, but time and time again, some of the best ideas come from the people below them. These are the people who make them look good and only receive a meager salary and 2% yearly raises.

I'm sure there are enough bright minds that are being under payed that can do many of these upper management jobs if given the chance. I'm also pretty sure they would do the job at less than half that pay. Government more than private industry, are not in the position to pay their administrators such extravagant salaries and benefits. To them, the money is free to spend any way they like.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I hope she really enjoys it while she is alive, cause she ain't taking it with her. Regardless, worshiping "money god" doesn't get you any rewards in the here after, even if she leaves it all to some church.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djbj597922
reply to post by jibeho

The people could make thier lives hell by protesting and demonstrating in front of their home and when they go out.

Protesting is expensive you know

Just don't have the time when you're trying to put that money to use for your family.
Especially in these times.

But this lady, she'll have all the time and money to protest.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Thats what Im saying! We are in a different place then these people and they use it to their advantage. They know most of us will not do anything so they take advantage of us to no end. It makes me so mad
Just saying, we number is the hundreds of millions and they number in the thousands......

top topics

join