It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE: How to prepare for a North Korean invasion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by intrptr

China and Russia for that matter could launch a full retaliatory ICBM strike

That is pretty unlikely... China and Russia just want NK to be there as a buffer, they aren't going to engage in nuclear war, even if NK does. Neither will we for that matter...even if NK gets a nuke off.

America launching is NOT unlikely China and Russia Launching IS Unlikely

NK is an embarrassment... neither Russia nor China supported further sanctions without the knowledge that it could provoke a NK attack.... they wont support NK in an attack on SK... REALISTICALLY... letting the US waste even more money on war, further discontent within the populace as a draft goes into effect is more than enough for China and Russia we BUY stuff from them. weakened not defeated is the name of the game.

China would love this fight.... who gets all the rebuilding contracts after all? Nothing can happen for China from this but greater Chinese influence in a united korea, once Chinese workers enter the North for "repairs" and "cleanup" they will never leave... Does China have real influence on this "rouge dictatorial regime? Does Russia?" NO what they have is a nut with A bombs on their borders...

A United Korea is a locus for regional trade and the money being lost is now far more a concern for both Russia and China than the influence of a USA on the border which means little in a world of modern arms... Russia is stymied in development of trade on it's eastern front because of NK existing China can exert 100 x more passive economic power over a United Korea than it ever can over a bratty 27 yr old

Russia and China supported the sanctions PURELY so the the USA ends NK without either of their nations having to play "Bad Cop"

Knowing this the USA will absolutely use Nukes.... a draft for the USA under insane conditions like previous wars almost guarantees a US revolution... our people aren't happy, we need clear victory, a Draft for cleanup we'd put up with but not our kids being butchered trying to penetrate tunnels and mountain strongholds... we would certainly "clear the path" in the end... there Is No OTHER viable course of action to stop the blunt force of the NK army.... there is no other option on the table for the US Military

NK will be Nuked if it invades.... period

No one will do a damn thing about it....

When all Superpowers rise the next day it's Public sentiment and $$$ that matter

SK has a TOOL no one is mentioning SOFT POWER... Korean POP culture is huge in the region, big in Russia and America as well... So is Japans... while there is a lingering anger in some Chinese to Japan this doesn't exist for SK... Chinese People LOVE SK entertainment... They dance to their music... they watch their TV shows, American kids love anime and all the rest...

Everyone everywhere hates NK

You can't ask your people to side in a war AGAINST people they LOVE and ADORE

Neither Russia nor China can side against SK in a direct way.... not without an inner Revolution.

If America uses the Bomb... with Hugo gone... Only Iran will complain... we ALL LOVE SK, no one likes NK.... even the Iran situation....some people hate Jews... No one dislikes South Koreans,,,, attacking them would be SUICIDE in GLOBAL OPINION even the Chinese can't wash it over... Hundreds of Millions of their citizens tune in to SK entertainment weekly, but their fashions, use their cell phones, play the games they make....

Virtually the entire world would come together in opposition to NK in one form or another

ANNIHILATION would be acceptable policy.....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

NK is like a mean pit bull.....it is best kept on a leash and not teased in any way but if it gets loose and attacks someone it will be put down and destroyed asap.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Knowing this the USA will absolutely use Nukes

Let's just hope for the world's sake, that I'm right, and you're wrong...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In fact.... I have good $$$ that says as soon a the smoke clears Both Russia and China come in against NK from respective borders to reap their share of the pie.... both materially and Global opinion wise... grab their share of the Hero factor...

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Plant load's of Nintendo DS with a half complete level of Tetris paused on them attached to a claymore land mine, probably cost more than letting them invade though.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Regardless of whether we perceive MSM reports or the OP quoted interview as propaganda, the Korean situation is certainly precarious. NK has never(in modern terms) been one for peace or respect of human lives. All I know is that the SK family of a classmate of mine has been moved to America in fear of what may come. That alone speaks volumes to me. It is an expensive and emotionally arduous task to uproot from a native nation and move to a foreign one, even one as grand as the 'ol US of A. The SK family must believe the threat is real enough and dangerous enough to move to America.
Just to clarify, when I was told that her family is moving here, I am only aware of the immediate family consisting of some aunts, uncles, cousins, and a couple of grand parents. Which in itself is a feat.
Let's just hope this is all just idle threats that Kim Jr is making to try to show the world that he is a bad***, and not just a fat, spoiled kid playing ruthless dictator.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Your right about that

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Knowing this the USA will absolutely use Nukes

Let's just hope for the world's sake, that I'm right, and you're wrong...

The worlds sake?

Why?

The radiation spread would be less than a small % of what we did just testing bombs... (not saying that is good) just saying it wouldn't be a global health crisis beyond anything we are dealing with atm anyway

Asia NEEDS a center of common ground between Japan, Russia, China and the USA for economic purposes.... the geography and technology and the people are correct for Korea to be that place....

NK IS a genuine menace....

when it all boils down the UN security council rules the world.... China, Russia, USA.... EU via France/UK we bicker for TOP dog sure.... but what the UNWO hates more than each other is ROUGE STATES and honestly like who's in charge and their ideas or not... it's better than anarchy in a global world of nukes...

One hot spot down....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wilkinsonus
Regardless of whether we perceive MSM reports or the OP quoted interview as propaganda, the Korean situation is certainly precarious. NK has never(in modern terms) been one for peace or respect of human lives. All I know is that the SK family of a classmate of mine has been moved to America in fear of what may come. That alone speaks volumes to me. It is an expensive and emotionally arduous task to uproot from a native nation and move to a foreign one, even one as grand as the 'ol US of A. The SK family must believe the threat is real enough and dangerous enough to move to America.
Just to clarify, when I was told that her family is moving here, I am only aware of the immediate family consisting of some aunts, uncles, cousins, and a couple of grand parents. Which in itself is a feat.
Let's just hope this is all just idle threats that Kim Jr is making to try to show the world that he is a bad***, and not just a fat, spoiled kid playing ruthless dictator.

I honestly think that as I called it above .... the UNWO is very real in a sense of "planning" on a Global level in cahoots with one another

One thing that has been mentioned repeatedly is that Racially the USA doesn't have balance, Asia is not represented.... a main issue for CHINA is lack of influence within it's region (Japan/SK) and ethnically within the USA

I can easily see this as a setup for Asian immigration en mass to the USA, more than one global "planner" has said this would be the "Ethnic balance" for Americas Black/white disparity

The good cop bad cop game between the UN security council members seems lost on most people...

Our diplomats and bankers have had very tight relationships for many decades now....

They argue at face level... like our wars in the mideast... as example... but behind closed doors (not very closed actually) China pays for our fighting.... coincidence... NO

The path through the ME makes for a straight line oil pipe to China

China and Russia agreed to these sanctions

There were reasons....

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

even if nk did invade and they get past the military the still have to get passed the citizens, who also has guns, and then theres organized crime, gangs and militias, who more than likely has more than the citizens, i dont think those guys like having their money messed with, so if they want to, they can try, and best of luck to any of the soldiers that live, i can say without a doubt any person with children, will not let this happen

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why would this guy give out tactics and plans? Not to mention hidden bases and their operations?

Something about this seems shady......He even gives precise details on an attack....Why would you put this out there?

I guess if you keep your enemy thinking about stuff they didn't think of......

Good find though!!

Could North Korea in fact be a formidable foe with technology that matches or closely competes with our current military technology?

You're joking right?
They would have been bragging about it since day one.

I'm guessing you watched Red Dawn and/or Olympus has Fallen and now you actually believe NK is a real threat?

The only way NK could compete with the U.S. is if China is using them as a surrogate to start a war, we'd be thinking we're fighting China's spoiled child but in reality we're not.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Redwhiteandblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

You need to study more on the last Korean war. We kicked North Korea's ass so bad we chased them back to China. It was not until China sent wave after wave of millions of their own troops in to drive us back farther south did it look like China was going to win. Then China got its ass handed to them and we drove them back to the DMZ. If the our President would have listened to General Macarthur the Chinese would have been nuked and we would have no problems today.

The whole Korea would be like SK today and China would be a land of free people.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Q: Seven minutes sounds really specific.

A: That’s exactly how long it takes to scramble bombers to their location so they can bomb it directly. This is why they often call their little grid the “tomb.” It’s ultimately a suicide zone.

Q: That’s pretty heavy. Where are these jets coming from, exactly?

A: Jets in the present plan would be coming from Okinawa, Guam, and some of the US aircraft carriers stationed in the Pacific...

I'm sure they've drilled this so it's very fast, but 7 minutes seems way too quick.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by runetang

You need to study more on the last Korean war. We kicked North Korea's ass so bad we chased them back to China. It was not until China sent wave after wave of millions of their own troops in to drive us back farther south did it look like China was going to win. Then China got its ass handed to them and we drove them back to the DMZ. If the our President would have listened to General Macarthur the Chinese would have been nuked and we would have no problems today.

The whole Korea would be like SK today and China would be a land of free people.

Why do you think they would be a free people?

You are not free! I will certainly concede that you are supposed to be free, but you are not.

Possibly China is more free than you are! Have you ever been to China to see for yourself or do you get your opinions of China from the MSM.

P

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwhiteandblue

You're joking right?

I'm guessing you watched Red Dawn and/or Olympus has Fallen and now you actually believe NK is a real threat?

The only way NK could compete with the U.S. is if China is using them as a surrogate to start a war, we'd be thinking we're fighting China's spoiled child but in reality we're not.

No, actually I have not watched either of those movies. I just think realistically that is all. We just rolled right over Iraq and Afghanistan right? Oh wait, we are still there..... and they are just a bunch of goat herders and rag tag taliban fighters! Maybe put down the propaganda kool aid that everyone gets fed daily and think about how it might actually play out instead of how the government wants you to think it will play out.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

China and Russia for that matter could launch a full retaliatory ICBM strike

That is pretty unlikely... China and Russia just want NK to be there as a buffer, they aren't going to engage in nuclear war, even if NK does. Neither will we for that matter...even if NK gets a nuke off.

Kind of cut me off there. I was responding to a scenario in which an OHIO class sub launches and the Russians or Chinese are not sure of the targets until the missiles pass apogee and begin their inward bound track. That takes minutes and until then anywhere on the Asian continent could be a potential target.

That might prompt a full retaliatory... what would you do, if them? Wait till the inbounds land on your launchers?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwhiteandblue

You're joking right?

No, actually I have not watched either of those movies. I just think realistically that is all. We just rolled right over Iraq and Afghanistan right? Oh wait, we are still there..... and they are just a bunch of goat herders and rag tag taliban fighters! Maybe put down the propaganda kool aid that everyone gets fed daily and think about how it might actually play out instead of how the government wants you to think it will play out.

why do people say this nonsense? and let me add in response also to the prior comments about Vietnam and Korea

1: This situation has no resemblance to the previous Korean war, our relationship with China is totally different, the goals of the major parties involved are completely different

2: Iraq Afghanistan Nam.... these are ludicrous comparisons, war is objective based... "Occupy and disrupt" the Taliban... Remove Saddam.... in regards to "ACTUAL WAR" it virtually doesn't exist, police actions vs Combat. To even pose that Saddam or what is going on in Afghanistan compares to.... what our response would be to a massive North Korean assault is stupidity in text...

A police action... there will always be nuts running around blowing up cars "resistance" that's because your not there to wage WAR if we WANTED to we could have blown the dams in Northern Nam and killed everyone... if we WANTED to we could have NOT phoned in that missiles were going to office buildings in Iraq and if we WANTED to the Taliban could be dust...

Our Objectives... in these POLICE ACTIONS are complex and myriad and often political

If NK attacks SK our Objective will be clear.... wipe out NK... In all the other example there is a population we are trying to preserve, no OTHER NATION is actually under threat to JUSTIFY using our military strength, the world economy isn't at stake... there isn't a madman with loose nukes threatening the whole region (including Russia and China 2 nations that have as much to loose these days to NK aggression as anyone else.... somehow Mystically portrayed as hypothetically siding with a rouge lunatic for no actual political or economic gain... wtf lol)

There would be only ONE OUTCOME

A: NK... bombs Seoul and Tokyo

B: The entire world responds with outrage and the USA is given full global approval to stop it

C: NK is vaporized

D: China and Russia pick up the pieces by rolling in to NK from the other borders

That is IT...there is No Other Scenario that can possibly play out... Our leaders can often be idiots but globally no one is particularly stupid.... Japan...a few islands... Whatever it's all BS compared to the economic losses and GLOBAL Catastrophe of Japans Economics and SK's Economics going off the Global grid right now.... an NK attack would devastate the Chinese and Russians economies as much as our own... You CAN NOT pull SK and JAPANS wealth out of global market

The world was what it was in the 50's

TODAY China and Russia are just as much a part of the global banking system as anyone else.... and we ALL know who really calls the shots in this world.

Little Fat Boy needs to watch his actions... or he will be NUKED then Russian American and Chinese troops will cut his country into pie slices and build a 200 story Pan Asian Trade center where his bedroom used to be.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Right, you just keep telling yourself that is how it will play out.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Right, you just keep telling yourself that is how it will play out.

I don't need to I know, i'm not living in some delusional world view that hasn't existed since the 80's at best

Nor am I prone through a pathetic life to wish for gloom and doom scenarios as a relief from real world miseries... reality as it is a lot of people on ats want doom... deep down. It represents freedom from a difficult life... for many the zombie apocalypse is better than ...going to work in the morning.

You people need to use your heads....

NK as a hedge against the USA... it has NO REALITY

The USA, Russia, China and Europe... the whole WORLD (almost) is moving to socialized capitalism, we trade, use the same banks, GLOBALISM is the word of THIS ERA

Nations like NK represent the real threat, small nations hell bent on dead ideologies or fanatical thought.... that threat IF it turns up REAL.... (which a massive artillery attack on TWO Top Global Economic powers makes it) That nation....NK will have NOBODY to turn to

So live in some bizzaro superman world where the debate is Communism vs Capitalism still..... be my guest... it wont make it real.... while your doing so the US and China will be dealing in Trillions of dollars that build skyscrapers in Shanghai and provide Americans with cheap crap

NK is valuable real estate and it's a Ghetto... Gentrification is coming

Russia and China threw them under the bus with these sanctions

And Israel... and Iran.... and any other crap hole that threatens GLOBAL ECONOMIC STABILITY will end up in the same place.... welcome to the UNWO, the Old sides mean nothing anymore.... it's "play global ball or die"

Maybe Hugo's Cancer was an accident too eh?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What imaginations are these anyway?

War with China or Russia would be an all out scenario.... your talking about.... our Military shuttle carrying most likely an EMP device in orbit, Thousands of Nukes, US subs right off the coast and vice versa....

How does a strip of land in the Koreas actually factor in as a deterrent anyway? Because if China and the USA go to war the USA will land marines and attempt to subdue 1.5 Billion Chinese? Or hold Siberia through Winter?

LOL

No.... a genuine wanna be demi god with Nukes on your border is a FAR bigger concern to our Asian friends than any minor bs disputes with our satellite states in the region or minor ideological differences.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join