VICE: How to prepare for a North Korean invasion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Eye opening interview via VICE, best in the business, with a South Korea soldier. Someone in the know, unlike CNN talking to Analysts whom never been to the Korea(s).

I've taken some of the text I found most interesting. Enjoy!

Q: Are they always prepared for an invasion?

A: Oh yeah. It’s like Israel.

Q: What would it be like if it did happen?

A: If the North Koreans did invade, intelligence puts their army at around 1.2 million infantry who would crash the borders at various points. Because of all those landmines put in over the years, we figure they’re going to clear a lane of entry for their troops to punch through using artillery and overwhelming numbers, which means it’s critical the whole line and each piece of real estate is held by each company. If the line is breached at all, we’re pretty much #ed. Their orders are to hold their real estate for seven minutes—no more, no less.

Q: Seven minutes sounds really specific.

A: That’s exactly how long it takes to scramble bombers to their location so they can bomb it directly. This is why they often call their little grid the “tomb.” It’s ultimately a suicide zone.

Q: That’s pretty heavy. Where are these jets coming from, exactly?

A: Jets in the present plan would be coming from Okinawa, Guam, and some of the US aircraft carriers stationed in the Pacific. But by the time the jets take off and drop their bombs, there won’t be any airfields to land and refuel at in South Korea, because all of the airfields are strategic North Korean targets and all of their heavy artillery have the range to hit them easily. That’s why the South Korean air force has top-secret landing zones already set up on highways across the country that are equipped to refuel and rearm planes. But apparently North Korean spies have already confirmed all of these highways anyway.

Q: Coming up their ass doing what?

A: They’ll be do something called “promoting general chaos,” a military tactic meant to shock your enemy’s will to fight by attacking psychological targets like city halls, police bases, radio stations, water purification plants, hospitals, trains, and even grocery stores. There’s also confirmed intelligence that some North Korean troops will be using South Korean uniforms to confuse people. On top of all that there are the tunnels.

Q: What do you mean, "the tunnels"?

A: They’ve started finding these tunnels built by the North Koreans that I’ve been to myself, that stretch two and a half miles into South Korean territory. We’re talking tunnels wide enough that every hour a whole battalion could be pumped out of it and just start swarming everything in sight.

Q: I’ve heard a lot about the North Koreans and their underground armies. What’s that all about?

A:The lesson the North Korean army learned from Iraq, Afghanistan, and even the last Korean War, is that the US, South Korea’s chief ally, always has air supremacy. That’s why they’ve created bases for full divisions buried under mountains that are so deep and impenetrable they could sustain a nuclear attack. Not to mention they have built-in fiber-optic communication networks connecting every underground base. They literally have everything you’d need there, like factories and workforces to build tanks, guns, and munitions. They use these mountain bases as permanent bunkers, with long range howitzers on rail lines scaling across peaks that can relentlessly shoot salvos. Mobile artillery like that is an incredible advantage. Even though the South Korean army could probably triangulate where the howitzer fire comes from, the rail lines allow them to quickly relocate.

FULL ARTICLE:
www.vice.com...
edit on 27-3-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Never underestimate the enemy. Even a backward @ss one like NK. S&F
edit on 26-3-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why would this guy give out tactics and plans? Not to mention hidden bases and their operations?

Something about this seems shady......He even gives precise details on an attack....Why would you put this out there?

I guess if you keep your enemy thinking about stuff they didn't think of......

Good find though!!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
True that. This fight has been building for a long time.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Why would this guy give out tactics and plans? Not to mention hidden bases and their operations?

Something about this seems shady......He even gives precise details on an attack....Why would you put this out there?

I guess if you keep your enemy thinking about stuff they didn't think of......

Good find though!!

It is intel that the south has on the north.

@OP: What if everything that we have been lead to believe about North Korea over the last decade was all bad/wrong information? What if our very own intelligence agencies have had it wrong? Could North Korea in fact be a formidable foe with technology that matches or closely competes with our current military technology?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
All those underground tunnels and bases sound like invitations for teh gay bomb.
True, the gay bomb was reported as not ever actually being developed, but, certainly there's other nifty chemical, bio, whatever weapons and techniques that have been modeled for effectively neutralizing entrenched heavily tunneled enemy emplacements.

It's not like all the tunnels and underground bases are that big of a secret.

IR and thermal tells from exhaust and air shafts have proven effective in locating enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan dig in and hiding in caves, and other underground shelters.

Kinetic tungsten rods from space (if that's a reality) would penetrate even mountains where the insulation of the surrounding rock strata would cause and underground impact event equivalent to a nuclear strike, but, underground.
poof squish.

Certainly it's not wise to underestimate any sufficiently dedicated enemy, but the psychology of an overly suppressed, yet fanatic population has been modeled to predictive results.

The NK people, are entirely conditioned to respond to crushing oppression.
Cut off the heads of their oppressors and they'll be more than happy to kowtow and be oppressed by someone else; all the much more so if any new oppressors are less oppressive.

They won't respond well to immediate freedom. They require being told/commanded what to do, think, and believe to function properly.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

You are so close to the truth it hurts, we have all thought that NK is a back woods , 1950's relic well it is not , just like in the early days of the bomb we have underestimated their war machine ,we have sen this that an the other , all thinking it is fake or it will fail. We will be surprised when Un does make his move, with what they have.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the article, a really good read.

Some interesting stats: www.wolframalpha.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
How to prepare?

Buy a bunch of electric fans, and leave them on 24-7.

Koreans and 'Fan Death'

ETA: Not really sure how N. Koreans would react.
edit on 26-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
Never underestimate the enemy. Even a backward @ss one like NK. S&F
edit on 26-3-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

Especially if they have pinkie pie launchers.

Dangerous. Extremely dangerous.

Vice

V ice

Chilling effects

Pie NK

Pi North Korea
edit on 26-3-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Lol, I've never seen that before. Made me laugh.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Vice is far and away my favorite 'alternative' news source. They produce some documentaries that are genuinely some of the best I've ever seen.

I have nothing to add to the thread beyond the above other than to say, 'WOOOLLLLVVEEERRRIIINNNEESSSS!!!!!!1'

From the original Red Dawn, not that abortion of a remake.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by danneu89

I asked my old boss who's half Korean if it's true.

She told me yes, that her elderly mother is deathly afraid of "drying out" over night if the fan is left on.

Americans have some weird ones too, like walking under ladders.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Actually, that has been proven to be government propaganda released in an effort to lessen the load on the electricity grid on summer nights. I'm sure that only the most retarded and superstitious Koreans ever believed it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I'm almost starting to believe you're an analyst...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I do know that the US Government isactually concerned about those tunnels.

I have a feeling once they start getting killed, their loyalty might not be so unwaivering. They could blast the N. Koreans with audio messages saying, "Surrender and we will give you hot food and a nicer place to live".

I've seen some video footage of the people there answering questions. I got the impression that they act fanatical to avoid the salt mines. In a land where your neighbor can taddle on you, and you disappear -- of course you're going to love your country!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Vice I as well agree always has some great stories, a while back watched the vice video where one of the editors went into north korea and was allowed to film some of the strange goings on within the place like eating alone at a hotel with each table fully ready for guests but him being the only one, the pre planned tourist trips to sights around the country just a real akward society to say the least. Thanks OP for the link to the story

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

Actually, that has been proven to be government propaganda released in an effort to lessen the load on the electricity grid on summer nights. I'm sure that only the most retarded and superstitious Koreans ever believed it.

Well it looks like my old boss's mom bought into it!

Actually, I think that's a really creative sollution to keep people from wasting electricity. I wonder if anything like that is being spread by our current government...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
All we can hope for now is another few seasons of M*A*S*H

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
How to prepare?

Buy a bunch of electric fans, and leave them on 24-7.

Koreans and 'Fan Death'

ETA: Not really sure how N. Koreans would react.
edit on 26-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

ROFLMAO.

I cannot believe they believe that.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join