learn more

My Shadow-Person/Ghost picture!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hello ATS, this is RainofStars with my first thread. I think some of you will enjoy what my girlfriend has captured in a picture she took of herself in 2009.

Before I post the pictures, I will give you some background on where the photo was taken.

It was taken at my girlfriend's old house in the basement, where her room was. Now I never particularly liked being at her house for a few reasons. I always felt like I was being watched or stared at. It always felt for lack of words "dreadful and heavy" like I was wading through mid-torso deep water and the air felt thick. We have both encountered extremely cold areas of the house also. My girlfriend had always told me she "thought there was a ghost or demon there". She said a little girl had died there in the basement in the 1960s. The house used to be about 2-3 miles away but then in the 80's or so it was moved to its current location.

She's heard footsteps going up and down the cellar stairs, she has felt someone sit on the foot-end of her bed, seen a demonic face staring at her in the night. She also mentioned that she always felt like she was being watched. Her house is wired so all the fire alarms would go off if there was a fire. There have been multiple times they have gone off with no smoke or carbon monoxide present. The radios throughout the house would turn themselves on and be VERY loud.

Here is the picture. The only editing I did whatsoever was to brighten it up a bit and then label what we see.

Original

Brightened

Labeled

And before people ask, this is what the pole next to her is, and you can clearly see whatever the "thing" is. It is not a coat or anything hanging from the ceiling. The wires on the ceiling are the cable for the TV.

Thanks everyone, I look forward to your thoughts
edit on 26-3-2013 by RainofStars because: Got the distance the house was wrong, meant to put "2-3 miles" Not 20 miles.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RainofStars

Ummmmmmmm

It just be me

But should not the 'ghost' actually stay in the photo ?

edit on 26/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

What do you mean by "next tray"

The ghost is in every pic there.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good thread. I don't discount these occurrences AT ALL. I've taken many pictures with orbs or shadows in them and people always chalk it up to photography skills. Or lack there of. But... as it has happened since I was a child (with camera technology changing rapidly over the years and my using a variety of cameras) I don't really listen much to the nay-sayers. You also have to go with your gut feelings with these sorts of things. One can't really deny their instincts.

link   

So you photographed a photograph ?

I removed the next tray bit after realising you weren't developing it

link   
Just so there is no confusion, this is ONE photo. First is the original, 2nd is brightened a tad bit for obvious reasons, and the third is just what we see. There is not three different pics, and it was also taken with a junky old virgin mobile cell phone.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'm hoping that's a ghost and not a shadow person. I have high hopes of catching a shadow person. For real, not a pic and letting ATS dissect the POS. True story!

Cool pic BTW.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My apologies

Having looked harder

Face palm

Cody

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody this photo was on an old cellphone my girlfriend happened to find packed away. It was uploaded via its SD card.

edit on 26-3-2013 by RainofStars because: Took out a sentence

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

!

Cool!!! Pretty creepy pic.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

One of the better pics I have seen! Thanks for sharing it!

link   

Already apologised

Read the post too fast and reacted to quick

And welcome to ATS

Cody
edit on 26/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

link   

Dude, that is creepy as hell and this is coming from a former ghost hunter!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

That's okay Cody, I also responded a little too quickly.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I've been here since 2005

Had many face palms one day I'll learn

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

, she has felt someone sit on the foot-end of her bed, seen a demonic face staring at her in the night.

Hi, thanks for the very compelling photograph & testimony.

Could you please specifically illustrate to us what this demonic face looked like?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Hi!

Could it be possible for you to post the full original (non-cropped, non-edited, no modified in any way...) photo?
Also, any idea about the camera used?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
. Ok I gotta agree with everyone else here and say

CREEEEEPY. !

I also took a pic recently with a shadow of a Thai Airways jet overlapping the photo. And just like yours, I can't explain it. My photo is no where near as interesting as yours though.

Have you or any of your friends tried to explain your mysterious friends appearance, if so, I would like to know what their theories are?

Good work.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
WOW, thats a really creepy pic if real, Is there any way this is Her shadow. It seems to be at the same angle as her, slightly turned.

On second look, I dont think its her shadow, but I find one problem with the shadow person, when I look at its arm, the door frame comes into the picture, and the shadow person is removed from that part of the pic, then comes back into the pic totally black, Im not saying its a hoax, but it would be hard to make this either,.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Yes, unlike the majority of "evidence" for the paranormal, this seems to be an Either Or.

Either an intentional hoax, Or......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join