It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Quick Question About NASA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't really listen to much of the NASA UFO/Aliens controversy or look into much. But if NASA has really captured UFOs/Aliens before don't they review their findings before publicizing it?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrillion

I'm not sure what your question is.
NASA has as of yet made confirming comment on the existence of UFOs and/or aliens.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have no clue what you are asking so....

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

But if NASA has really captured UFOs/Aliens

I didn't know they claim to have captured a ufo or aliens. I'm a little confused as to your question.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

wth is that? Aliens?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

But if NASA has really captured UFOs/Aliens before don't they review their findings before publicizing it?

It's "catch and release" in this part of the galaxy and pictures can be faked. So, they typically do not release this information to the public.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
NASA is under the Department of Defense. They can't release anything without DOD approval. It's never really been a "civilian" agency!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Alright, answered my question. Much thanks S!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

NASA is under the Department of Defense.

No it isn't. Unless you are referring to some super-secret reporting structure.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
NASA is under the Department of Defense. They can't release anything without DOD approval. It's never really been a "civilian" agency!

Do they have to ask DoD's approval for every image they post at mars.jpl.nasa.gov... or at saturn.jpl.nasa.gov... ? DoD must be a very busy department indeed.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'll answer your answerless question with an answerless answer.

On a trip to the Space Center three years ago, the lift off was cancelled so I spent a lot of time going through the massive gift shop before heading back to my motel. I went through once and then had a burger. As I munched, I thought about what I had seen and didn't see that day. Being a UFO abductee, I'm very sensitive to two terms, UFOs and aliens/ETs. I didn't remember see any of those terms in the gift shop.

I went back into the shop and toured every part of it, even the small upstairs part. In that whole shop there is not one item be it T-shirt, keychain, image or plastic toy that contained any relationship to UFOs, flying saucers, aliens or ETs. The entire shop was all about us and how wonderful we have been spending billions and billions of dollars whipping space. Isn't that sad and isn't that telling?

And now guess what, NASA is going out of business. The shuttles are all shipped off to museums and the ISS will be falling out of the sky in a few years. Oh, of course, we have a space fleet, the triangles, and we still have the pesky aliens that zip around in their standard old UFOs, but as far as the government is concerned. Naw, they aren't interested in aliens, well, they are, but they don't want to talk about it and for you to think about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrillion
I don't really listen to much of the NASA UFO/Aliens controversy or look into much. But if NASA has really captured UFOs/Aliens before don't they review their findings before publicizing it?

Are you referring to material posted here, and other places that allegedly show extra terrestrial intelligence in NASA's Moon/Mars/ISS media? If so I think it's a reasonable question as to why NASA would would be so careless as to release genuine alien craft and structure evidence to the public without checking it first.

Or it's just people being wrong, one of the two.
edit on 26-3-2013 by Saytan75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I have been looking for my source but have not yet found it. Since I don't have a source to cite, I withdraw my statement with apologies. I do still believe that NASA has to clear unusual or unexpected findings with DOD that may indicate UFO/Aliens.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrillion

Maybe there is a little confusion about what NASA is.
NASA is a government agency, and as far as I know, it has never publicized information confirming the existence of aliens or UFO's.

NASA does claim that their goal is find what is out there:
www.nasa.gov...

NASA's vision: To reach for new heights and reveal the unknown so that what we do and learn will benefit all humankind.

To do that, thousands of people have been working around the world -- and off of it -- for 50 years, trying to answer some basic questions. What's out there in space? How do we get there? What will we find? What can we learn there, or learn just by trying to get there, that will make life better here on Earth?

NASA conducts its work in four principal organizations, called mission directorates:

Aeronautics: works to solve the challenges that still exist in our nation's air transportation system: air traffic congestion, safety and environmental impacts.

Human Exploration and Operations: focuses on International Space Station operations, development of commercial spaceflight opportunities and human exploration beyond low Earth orbit.

Science: explores the Earth, solar system and universe beyond; charts the best route of discovery; and reaps the benefits of Earth and space exploration for society.

Space Technology: rapidly develops, demonstrates, and infuses revolutionary, high-payoff technologies, expanding the boundaries of the aerospace enterprise.

They are also subject to the Freedom of Information Act, which implies they should reveal information if asked, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to actually get confirmation from them about UFO's or Aliens.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

We had the opportunity to tour NASA a couple of years ago. It was actually a fascinating experience. But - as you said - nothing there about UFO's. There is quite a bit of cool stuff about space exploration though.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Does this mean that the UFO waves of the '60s and subsequent popularity of Earth as a tourist attraction had nothing to do with the 1964 introduction of the miniskirt?

edit on 27-3-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace

Do they have to ask DoD's approval for every image they post at mars.jpl.nasa.gov... or at saturn.jpl.nasa.gov... ? DoD must be a very busy department indeed.

Indeed, they have.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Cool story bro.

top topics

join