It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Maps That Shouldn't Exist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
most of this maps r based on XIII n XIV century portuguese maps,specially the piri reis map.

america was know by then.portugal sailed to norway n they made a combined trip to north america usin the old viking route.they was tryin to find a way to asia n but it was too cold n too dangerous,they didnt believe there was a passage there so they didnt bother.columbus was on that trip,he was a captain of one of the portuguese boats.

columbus knew about america before he got there,he knew the route to america pretty well.he arrived exacly where he wanted to arrive n he knew it wasnt asia there,he just fooled the spanish.

even antartida was known by then,wit ice.portuguese were pushed to antartica wen tryin to cross the cape hope.
everythin was pretty much top secret in that time,only portuguese were allowed on the boats,who didnt respect the secrecy were killed.
john II had the plan to marry his son wit a spanish princess,wit that,iberic penisula wud be only one country wit the power in lisbon.his son died,(or was killed) so his plan failed but the next king tryed to do the same thing,he married wit a spanish but he died too(killed).it was over.

was about that time that portuguese pilots n navigators started to leave portugal n work to other countries n they took maps n the secrets wit them.spain,france,holland,england etc,they all had portuguese pilots n maps wit them.

spanish were tryin to find a passage to asia in central america but there was any,columbus already knew that.
one of that navigators who left portugal was fernao de magalhaes that u call magellan,he was one of the best portuguese navigators n he been in asia before sailin south crossin cape hope.
he offered his services to spain n finally took them to asia crossin magelhan strait.he didnt care tryin to find a way in central america cos he knew there was any.

none of that guys thought the world was flat,that wud be stupid.common people thought the world was flat or somethin else but that people didnt had the knowledge.
the only problem was about the size of the earth.was written in arab books the exact size of the earth but was still controversy about the subject.
latitude was a controversy too.for example,wen portuguese started their explorations they took ptolomy as correct but they found later ptolomy was wrong n they made their own calculations.

people make a big thing about columbus discoverin america but that was just XIV century propaganda.people didnt give a # about america,specially north america,there was nothin interestin there.they wanted to find a civilization to trade not naked natives.colonize america wasnt part of the plan.

portugal in brazil took some natives to the boat n show them some european stuff.they werent impressed lol
but then they saw some worthless glass things n they loved it.lol

by XIV century all the world was well know n most of it was already in maps but not everyone knew about it of course.

that maps r just old.still v interestin maps tho.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

There you go again Harte making all the 'Sparkly' go away...........

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

This is cool and it deserves many months of looking into.

I have heard from various sources just from interviews that the maps were real, and some say they are misconceptions.

Just like people talking about the Annunaki - nobody actually brings up a pic and says 'this is the stone tablet I deciphered and this is the sentence Annunaki is referred to. They just say ' it is on the internet and you can look up the translations.' Well didn't want to break it to them but everybody has different translations, and an internet source like Wikipedia just isn't impressive enough to implicate the truth when everybody is arguing about it. Same with Nephilim. Some historians say it means giants, some say it means fallen ones. Whatever it means does not eliminate the factr that everybody is still arguing, possibly tossing in paragraphs of disinformation, or even most likely. What is a lie? Not a rule written on a stone tablet, but an existence.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I think a mega thread about all the evidence in many differing fields should be made to highlight some of it and put into context.
reply to post by inverslyproportional

its aliens, how else?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I had always figured that it was ancient mans tech that lead to the creation of these maps, I'm going to assume that people had very good memory back then and recorded their finds with precision.
You can't really dispute these maps though, you can blame hoaxes...but I don't, that's just my official opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rain7

I think a mega thread about all the evidence in many differing fields should be made to highlight some of it and put into context.
reply to post by inverslyproportional

its aliens, how else?

It might be more fruitful to try and find information that can stand up to scientific scrutiny first then consolidate it. At present little if any the evidence does.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
I had always figured that it was ancient mans tech that lead to the creation of these maps, I'm going to assume that people had very good memory back then and recorded their finds with precision.

The need for maps only really arose with the expansion of trade and colonialism, previously navigation, both on land and sea utilised experience, combined with following known, and reliable markers. By cutting out the middle-men, in order to gain control of commodities, maps became a necessity. The need to define the world came before then and was largely driven by developing scientific thought and the desire to explain the human environment, but it is no coincidence that those first definitions occured at major trade and transit routes, such as Miletos where the knowledge and experience of traders could be utilised to make those definitions.

Some have credited Hecataeus with a work entitled Περίοδος γῆς ("Travels round the Earth" or "World Survey'), written in two books. Each book is organized in the manner of a periplus, a point-to-point coastal survey. One, on Europe, is essentially a periplus of the Mediterranean, describing each region in turn, reaching as far north as Scythia. The other book, on Asia, is arranged similarly to the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea of which a version of the 1st century AD survives. Hecataeus described the countries and inhabitants of the known world, the account of Egypt being particularly comprehensive; the descriptive matter was accompanied by a map, based upon Anaximander’s map of the earth, which he corrected and enlarged. The work only survives in some 374 fragments, by far the majority being quoted in the geographical lexicon Ethnika compiled by Stephanus of Byzantium.

en.wikipedia.org...

The silly title of this thread detracts from the fact that by the time the maps detailed in the OP were made that most of the world was traversed with communication networks thousands of years old, which had been utilised for trade and commerce for century upon century. The 'tech' that ancient man possessed, verbal communication, was replaced by written, or symbolic knowledge, hence the need for maps.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join