It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Moonbeam!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Okay, first I never post on here, it's so rare I should be deemed an outcast.
But I read everything and I am still (and always will be) an active member. I also have no clue where to post this, so mods, if it's in the wrong spot feel free to move it. That being said let's get right to this.

I was busily working today on my computer and had to log in to my Google Adwords account. Since I own multiple business gmail accounts I decided I would check to see which one I was in to make sure the correct data was displayed.

I noticed I was logged into the wrong one (first screenshot), naturally I clicked on the username to log out and change it to the correct one.

When I clicked on it a drop down menu appeared and showed me as the first user then another user named Moonbeam (second screenshot)

Notice the icon? I have no idea who Moonbeam is, why it's icon is an alien and how my Chrome browser recognizes it as an account on my computer!!

I thought I was hacked, and curiosity got the best of me. I clicked the user. Chrome asked me to log in as Moonbeam and showed the Alien icon in the top left corner (third screenshot).

So the question still remains, who the hell is Moonbeam and what are they doing on my computer?

edit on 26-3-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2013 by gravitybender because: spelling and grammar - yuck!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Isn't that Frank Zappa's daughters name?

2nd

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

Okay yeah, I expected a comment like that. But seriously is this a default from Google Chrome?

Trust me this is not me, but it is someone who has accessed my computer before.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
OP

Its probably something very mundane and nothing to worry about when resolved,

However, for the mind of an ATS reader and especially if they have a number of years under their belt researching the fringe this opens the door to so much speculation its actually blowing my mind as I type.

Cheers for sharing and I hope you get to the bottom of it and it isn't anything sinister such as hackers or there about.

S/f

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Thanks for the S/F!

I appreciate that, considering the circumstances. After being on ATS for the past four years anything out of the norm raises an eyebrow or two. I'm sure it's nothing but I am currently digging around and will let everyone know if I find something.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Did you try to log on as moonbeam? If you click on the email box maybe an email will show up, that could be a lead.

Google has good customer support, try that route if you can't come up with anything else....
edit on 26-3-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I did a Google search for "Chrome Moonbeam", it turns out it is a program developed by Google to help manage multiple accounts.

I find it odd they use an icon of the standard "Grey" as the user. Also from checking some other posts on Google forums some people are even claiming that logging into Moonbeam opts you in for a new tracking system Google is testing out.

Those comments were not posted on any conspiracy forum either!

new topics

top topics

join