It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

omg check this out...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
An Amazingly Skilled Stunt Pilot Loses One Of His Planes Wings During Flight And Manages To Land It Safely!

The pilot flew a maneuver called a "knife edge" (very common stunt in these type of aircraft). In a knife edge control is done with the rudder - which becomes the elevator and the elevator which becomes the rudder. The plane depends on the power of the engine (as high performance stunt planes do).
The kick out at the ground was the single aileron of the wing that was left. The bounce to the ground is the landing gear which DO bounce like that on a hard hit. Pilot was skilled AND VERY Lucky!!!
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

I almost peed myself just watching that! Good for him.

Can't imagine what his family in the audience was thinking when they saw that wing fly off.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Oh my goodness! That pilot must have an angel riding on his shoulder! I would have died from a full on stroke when the wing came off!

If I ever become incredibly filthy rich enough to have my own airplane this pilot is the guy I want to hire as my personal aviator!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is apparently a hoax that has been around for years.

Examiner

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
HOAX HOAX HOAX. See thread about. It was a combination of a real stunt plane and a RC plane. Really should check sources before posting.............

link   
Killa Thrill, the wing falling off matches his skill for landing and the plane's name. Crazy times..

link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Oh well, It still entertained me for a minute so Sugar can keep the S & F.

Good catch.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

Good catch.

indeed, I like sugarcookie. She gets one of each from me too.
It was fun to watch the vid.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by Doodle19815

Good catch.

indeed, I like sugarcookie. She gets one of each from me too.
It was fun to watch the vid.

Agreed, the OP is a great contributor. We all get 'had' once in awhile though. eh? After checking to see who was right for my own curiosity, I found more than a couple reports of this very thing on more traditional Aviation trade paper and magazine sites......as what you say. Very clever mixing of real and RC footage. It does seem to have been covered with varying degrees of contempt or admiration ..depending on how it was originally presented for what happened. Interesting though!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh my i had no idea this was a hoax but bad on me for not looking it up first it looked so real to me i thought the angels had to be with this guy!!But it was very entertaining i will agree with that..
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Thank you butcherguy

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thank you ,Doodle19815 i should have looked into it before i posted the vid..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Mamatus,I guess after almost 3 years on ATS i deserve a break but your right i should have looked into it better..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Hi littled16
I guess the video was a hoax but it was etertaining..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
These are becoming like the Nessie's of the 21st century. To the point I think Mythbusters even debunked this.

It was more clever than a loch ness though!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

abeverage
I just never thought this to be a hoax it looked so darn real ..peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 26-3-2013 by sugarcookie1 because: duh

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Don't feel a bit bad, Sugar... You wouldn't believe how close I came to posting something I'd have looked worse for. I'd literally written it and meant to post it..but hit the wrong button and back-screened before I'd even hit preview to hold what I wrote. Then I saw Butcher's comment while bitching about browsers backing right out of written posts. lol.... Something about comparing this guy to the Hudson landing and how he could fly my plane any day..

... err... We all get had, eh? (I really was going to treat the above like one of those things that simply never ever happened.. really..NEVER happened ..
..except you seem to feel a bit bad and you shouldn't. Smile!)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by abeverage

abeverage
I just never thought this to be a hoax it looked so darn real ..peace,sugarcookie1
edit on 26-3-2013 by sugarcookie1 because: duh

No worries the first time I saw it I almost believed it! I am a digital artist as a hobby and some of it just didn't add up I noticed the planes were ever so slightly different. I did some digging and another artist had been working on debunking it after it went viral.

These days I am a little more skeptical of any video especially if it is more than a month or two old. Take it as a lesson but still try to keep an open mind! And if you are worried this has no bearing on your integrity with me.

edit on 26-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yup don't feel bad; We still like your contributions and everyone gets a mulligan once in a while ( :

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That was one experienced pilot!
I bet he had to change his underpants after that landing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join