It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our government will never attempt to enslave us because where would the troops come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think I did the math once...

It came out over 30 civilians for every person in the military (that includes secretaries and support people).

I think it was actually closer to 50 to 1.

Urban warfare with a highly armed population at 50 to 1 odds?

Yeah...I wouldn't like those odds, even with drones and APC's.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

And what would they do with us? Enslave us for what? Are there any major projects in the works? Will we be building modern day pyramids? How would they feed all of us? If we are ever truly slaves, (and some of arguably already are) it will be as the lowly "grunt workers" to corporations. It has already started.

edit on 26-3-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pronto
reply to post by Krazysh0t

G,day mate. negative. one does not join the NK milary. nor did most people join hitlers, the English or American armies of world war 2 they were drafted. Germany today still drafts about 50,000 blokes a year so my German mate tells me. this enables Germany to field a 500,000 man army in 30 days. i was gobsmacked when told.

May I clear up a little issue on Germany and similar European countries that use the Draft. The draft is not just for the military. During the 60's-70's peace-movements most countries turned the draft into a National service year. Meaning that if the draft meant 12 months military service, a drafted person could serve these 12 month in a civil service situation as in a hospital, old age home or similar to "Serve the country". The draft is simply a specif number of months to serve in the military or similar civilian institutions for people reaching the age of maturity. 18 in most cases and usually is served right after graduation from HS and before entering the University. So a bit a "PITA" for most aspiring students.
Now with some countries debating to switch their military away from the draft to a professional volunteer army, many people begin to voice concern. Especially in Germany and other former NAZI afflicted countries it is a "hot issue". While Nazi Germany sure had the draft, the real "Bastards" as the SS and so forth were "volunteers". In other words they selected the sadists out of the masses of common drafted people. So for these countries today, also most 18 yo would love to see the draft go away, the question is rather as to what "Sadists" will volunteer to make up a professional army?
It may be a telling thing to come to look at the desertion rate of the US army soldiers/draftees during the Vietnam war, and now with a volunteer army - the draft was cancelled after Vietnam - the desertion rate is almost Zero! Today's US-army desertion rate is rather limited to 2nd deployment personnel. Also form a effectiveness POV, a professional army beats any regular draft army by miles, from a moral POV it opens a can of worms. Professional armies tend to just attract the sum on sadists. Nice paycheck, no brains needed except in operation of the equipment, and TPTB simply issue the orders. "Nintendo warriors" sitting in their AC-containers flying little drones around, etc.
Surprising that also the majority of 18yo in Europe don't want the draft, they still are for now marginally bin favor FOR it. Because no one knows what perverts will come out of the woodwork and replenish the troops once the draft is gone.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
where would the money come from?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Why do you think they are making drones? Don't you think they will use missiles on civilians? They do in other countries. If none of that works, they will do what Russia did in WW2 with the Nazi's.
edit on 27-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Greetings, DZAG Wright

Our "esteemed" dictator and Nobel Peace Prize winner, hussein soetoro, already has the overwhelming loyal manpower he needs without involving DOD or local law enforcement.

> The Americorp National Police Force
> The "Occupy" movement
> ACORN
> Street gangs
> "obama-Zombies," intensely loyal voters representing at least 30% of the population.
> Illegal aliens from Mexico, about 41 million
> and, of course, pardoned convicted felons
> Invited Communist foreign forces, (ie, from Communist nK)

FAQ: "How effective are hussein's followers, such as the obama-zombies, who are untrained in urban combat against civilians?"
ANS: Doesn't matter, sociopath hussein will sacrifice his own people to cull the masses.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Such a defeatist attitude! Remember the little engine that could?

These "people" found a way ...

Your problem is that you are trying to think of how they couldn't ...

... rather than thinking of how they could.

Want to know what is going on in the world and what will happen? Try to think like someone who is obsessed with gaining ever more power and control and has no compassion or empathy towards his fellow man whatsoever. And ask - What could I do? How could I do it?
edit on 3/27/13 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Like I said, only to a point though...

I'm a veteran and I don't think our armed forces would support the type scenario many are selling here.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Won't work here, our people are and have always been free. Things that worked in past empires will not work here. America is a experiement never before tried.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Lots of Mexicans in the US Army, and other Immigrants whom are now America citizens.

Also, if they FAIL to Obey then BOOM... no pay cheque.

Also, they're probably indoctrined that if US citizens throw rocks or try to keep their homes, they need to be engaged.

I'm a veteran and our armed forces are not filled with Mexicans, at least not enough to assault the American public.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Double Ditto on UN troops. The peacekeepers of the world ...Soon to be the law of the world if certain folks get their way and judging by their progress over the last 15 years I'd say that they may just be able to do it. If our economy crashes, look out for the light blue berets in a major city near you. Because you know our understaffed and under funded military (sequester) won't be able to handle the extra burden of domestic civil unrest. What troops we have will have the hands full over seas.

Not possible. Think for a second...do you REALLY think Americans will allow some foreign soldiers to occupy our streets?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Imagine this scenario:
Hyperinflation has set in and the economy is totally ruined. People are rioting in the streets because there is no food on the Wal-Mart shelves or money to buy it with if there was. Unemployment has totally skyrocketed. People are starving including you and your family. Then an army recruiter comes along and says, "Hey, if you sign up, you and your family will get food, shelter, medical care etc. People will sign up in droves. it is not an implausible scenario at all. Especially when you consider the fact that people are getting more and more self-centered in our society as time goes on. It will be easy for them because after all, they are just "following orders".
edit on 26-3-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

OK in this scenario, everyone joins the Army, but what then? Our neighbors will all of a sudden begin shooting us in our backs in the streets?

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
I'm genuinely confused here?

Unless there is another secret army (where have all the missing children really gone) there isn't enough troops to oppress the American people.

While American soldiers will fire on civilians to a certain extent, it isn't too the extent that a hostile take over would require.

Can't bring in U.N. soldiers because we (along with our then ex soldiers) wouldn't stand for it!

There will not be hostile forces on American soil any time soon.

Perhaps I can assist with your confusion a little ...errr... to clear it up, I mean.

Using just one of the better known names, Blackwater had an estimated 30,000 private mercenaries under arms and trained as well or better than our Uniformed services (which a fair % of their membership is drawn from). THAT was just their domestic/U.S. Unit and that was clear back in the early years of the war. Back when Prince still ran day to day stuff directly. Add to that, Graystone, which was Blackwater's off-shore division that hired primarily INTERNATIONAL former military and mercenaries ......who'd have no problem and probably ENJOY kicking American doors and roughing up American civilians.

Blackwater/Xe or whatever name they chose this month...is just ONE of many "Private Military Contractors" supplying labor for war these days Not Soldiers of Fortune, IMO. That implies fighting for a paycheck but also fighting for some inner values and cause at the same time. Straight mercenaries is how I view a good % of the PMC's. They'll fight for the dollar ...whoever has more to offer.

You ask who or how we'd ever see force used? Just pick up the special D.O.D. phone book for military contractors to dial up ...and what was a support industry 15 years ago can literally field small armies, ready for battle and equipped for anything.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I didn't take into account Private Armies.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Humanity is full of cannibals...they might not actually "eat" human flesh, but they have no quarrel with preying on other humans. if the Gov said "we will pay you $2,000.00 a week all expenses paid...there is enough sick pricks in this country to have waiting lines...they will turn on their brothers in a minute.

If you do not think so...well bless you and your innocence...humanity has become a plague...they will eat their own in a minute if they think they might go without food for a while.
edit on 3/26/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

Dind, ding, we may have another winner!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Imagine this scenario:
Hyperinflation has set in and the economy is totally ruined. People are rioting in the streets because there is no food on the Wal-Mart shelves or money to buy it with if there was. Unemployment has totally skyrocketed. People are starving including you and your family. Then an army recruiter comes along and says, "Hey, if you sign up, you and your family will get food, shelter, medical care etc. People will sign up in droves. it is not an implausible scenario at all. Especially when you consider the fact that people are getting more and more self-centered in our society as time goes on. It will be easy for them because after all, they are just "following orders".
edit on 26-3-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

OK in this scenario, everyone joins the Army, but what then? Our neighbors will all of a sudden begin shooting us in our backs in the streets?

I saw it happen firsthand when I was deployed to Bosnia. It is not impossible to imagine it. Albanians, Serbians, Croatians, all people that had been living in the same town and in many cases right next door to one another suddenly killing each other when the war started. You put too much faith in the goodwill of others.

And what makes you think you will be deployed against your neighbors? I'm sure that if you join up from say Louisiana they will send you somewhere else where you don't really know anyone.
edit on 27-3-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join