It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you sacrifice your comforts for a better world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There is no way to change the world, its in the hands of the elites. So small groups cant just up and change things. They like bandaids, people giving aid that props up a corporation to save the children and pays its CEO's hundreds of thousands of dollars, and uses the children as poster pictures of their success. yes, its better than nothing, but its also ripe with abuse.

People give money for emergencies, and to feed children gruel, bandaids.

No one would want to donate to bandaids. The most useful way is to find real projects going on in somewhat stable and safe regions, where permanent solutions are being dveloped, ie. water, food, energy, wells, education, clean and safe homes. Half way houses for the street children, etc. And to really authenticate the people, because its like giving moeny to the Church's 10% taxes that should have equalized the world, not funded right winged neo nazi guerilla take overs of social democracies in South America and around the world.

Its absolutely outrageous, but if you go beyond bandaids in most areas, they who are the gangsta running the countries usually on behalf of our banking and religious elites, would send in death squads to stamp out the positive example.

to be continued.....

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Now a friend was making me feel bad on a birthday taking the family out to chinese smorg, when there are starving children.

So, we're supposed to live in a world where we short our small buisnesses, no no no, dont support the local businesses or the youths with jobs going to college, because....THE EVIL ELITE HAVE TAKEN 90% OF THE PIE, you have to destroy all middle class, and put all independent businesses out of service to give to the poor, THAT THE ELITE RUN AND MAINTAIN, so that the ELITE CAN OWN YOU AS A NEW POOR CLASS AND FORCE THEIR CORRUPT MONOPOLIES DOWN YOUR THROAT.

This thread is focusing on the wrong group, the wrong problem to try and solve the poverty in the world.

It was never caused by the middle class.

We have always had, at least for the past 80-100 years, clean technology, alternative energies and complete systems that would make abundance for every man woman and child on this planet, and its the ELITE and those programmed to support their ISMS and systems that are the problem.

But middle class is righeous.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I apologize for linking some of my threads, but I have addressed this issue in many different ways, and all the solutions already exist, without sacrificing anyones abundance, in fact, abundance should flow through and create ever spiralling abundance for others. Abundance flowing through and outpouring, and people should be thinking in these terms, for everyone could live without scarcity in this world if they were really good people who would not enable the corruption and elite, and their enablers, whenever they let any of this stand.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
No Matter What Your Politics, Why Is Anyone Living In Poverty?

There is enough land to put everyone on a farm in Canada, and still a world left over, so why is it, with everyone spread out, land is bought and sold and not everyones? Why is it that humanity in ever town and region doesn't participate in being the first level of government in citizens groups, and watchdog groups, and solve problems, change land rules, so multi families can share a farm and property, and start helping homeless, and put leashes and chains on their corrupt pit bulls in office by sure awakened responsible numbers of people solving problems?

Because this is what it takes.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

Aquaponics can produce 10 000 fish and 3 million pounds of produce in a year, WOWsers!!!! That could feed a lot of people. It doesnt require perfect land either. Its relatively inexpensive, and doesnt require chemicals to grow huge plants, for the systems feed into each other. Tilipia and crayfish, shrimps and catfish, all sharing a big pond. A different set up and more energy is required for trout, as it requires cold water.

What gives government the right to procure the land and resources and sell it back to the people through overpriced realtors?

THAT IS SLAVERY!

Slavery is instrinsically crimes against humanity and major harm thus violates every law on the book including Basic Common Law of thou shalt not harm.

1 MILLION pounds of Food on 3 acres. 10,000 fish 500 yards compost

Who ever allowed them to outlaw commercial hemp? The miracle plant of earth. You can eat it, protein seeds, you can make superior homes out of hemp, corn husks and lime, that is the Romans Concrete basically, and alternative building, even for Cars and for Guitar bodies, hemp plastics, hemp tubes for piping water.

We don't need oil!

Corn husks are good alternatives but they take alot of land.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Greenpowerscience Offgrid Projects

Aside from some power house energies such as wind/tide, and geothermal, heat such as friction heaters and fresnel lenses, (summer and winter), turned into electricity, with stirling engines, could massively power the world.

But, then again, a little Tesla wouldn't hurt either, implosion, harmonics, piaono, pipe organs, .......

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

No.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Unity had a great point with the Earth Ships, but a longstanding project that takes this whole discussion way, way farther, you need to take a moment to go see the film Future By Design by Jacques Fresco. Especially if you are feeling misanthropic, or having a bad day. There are so many incredible designers and architects, who have sacrificed their lives and given everything of themselves because they believed in solutions to the problems of society... Herman Miller, Mies Van Der Rohe, Buckminster Fuller... and my beloved Albert Kahn, submitted a lot of the ideas for sustainability via modular construction techniques, mass production, affordable housing and products, and unfortunately these noble ideals that were supposed to improve the standard of living for all have been completely corrupted from their purpose and harnessed by the few to enslave the many. But I believe with all of my heart, that these very same principles of good design will be our eventual liberation from this consumeristic hell. If you don't have time for the movie right now, here is a song from an artist you would probably dig if you are already thinking about such things, but I heard it for the first time a few months after I had seen the film and was able to recognize the womans voice that is sampled, and I'm not gonna lie I cried, it totally blew me away.

www.youtube.com...

The main point that I think is so crucial, besides the design solutions themselves, or the revolution of the resource based economy, is that we don't actually have to give anything up or make any personal sacrifice of our current standard of living, and for the most part all standards would actually improve. People who are making hundreds of millions of dollars a year playing football... yeah they were going to have to get over that nonsense one way or another, and for the CEOs making 343 times the average worker based on resources, technology, and patents they had no hand in... obviously that's not desirable or sustainable. The reason, there is such a MASSIVE gap, between the idealism of the modernists, and all of the monopolies of the Rockefellers, Carnegies, and other industrialists, is how invested they were in the quality of life they would leave for their heirs. They were MAJOR philanthropists, and sponsored architectural works, public buildings, arts, sciences, and they actually had a personal hand in their business. Unfortunately this incredible gift was immediately squandered by their inheritors, and for whatever bad rap the original 'robber barons' might have gotten, these contemporary 1%ers leave all that in the dust. For the first time in this country, the lower and middle classes give more than the rich, despite their decreased ability to, and they mostly give to religious/community orgs, world issues, research, and the humanities, whereas the rich, what they do give, goes to institutions with the vast majority being contributions to Ivy League schools Harvard, Yale etc. I found this information, absolutely terrifying, because beyond politics and what money distribution the government has authority over, when it comes to the parts of the economy the consumer has power over like where they shop, what kind of goods they buy, whether they buy from corporations or mom and pops, if they send their kid to public or private schools and later if they send them to college... and most of all, what we voluntarily give out of our hard earned wages to causes we believe in. It shows so much about us, as human beings, and how we are toward each other, I get tired of hearing people carry on about the government dominating the economy because the fact of the matter is we ALWAYS have a CHOICE. Psychologically speaking, the rich use their resources to isolate themselves from 'unpleasant issues' and do whatever it takes not to come in contact with common people, so its harder for them to relate and commiserate, that's why commercials asking for support for starving children in Africa do so well, these people simply don't know this is happening. And it takes a visual shock to get through and remind them of their humanity. So more than anything, more than personal sacrifice of comforts or amenities, in order to increase the standard of living for everyone, ourselves included, it requires a WILLINGNESS to live together and face reality. The government can't force us to, or prevent us from doing that. It's up to us to find the love.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Id do it in a second. Really easy, no question. I want a better world and comforts are just that....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Most people clearly do NOT. Most people (myself included) could share a LOT more of their income in order to help others than they actually do.

So there is a very quick answer, no.

Why is that? Well, that has to be answered by everyone for themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Id do it in a second. Really easy, no question. I want a better world and comforts are just that....

How much do you earn, or rather what percentage of your income are you donating? Do you volunteer in social services?

What do you do?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There is no such thing as inherent price of a thing. Production costs are different in different countries, and the amount of food/clothing you can buy for $1 is also different. As for the controversial 'comfort' that the present civilization brings with itself, I'd sacrifice such things as wireless comm, genetically modified food, artificial fabrics, etc. I would certainly keep antibiotics, wired networks and bicycles. I am not against wireless completely, but you know it kills plants, bees, and damages human cells, too, so why not restrict its use for emergency services and occasional urgent conversations? No pocket TV, no hotspots in restaurants and other sh*t. And your dream about 'equality' is purely hypothetical. You believe that anyone should live the same life, but not everyone needs all that this wicked techno world offers. For instance, I do not have a car, and I do not need the oil which is now spilt in the Gulf of Mexico. So I don't need to sacrifice anything. But the blind fish and dolphins sacrificed a lot for somebody's comfort already.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Of course I would. I do. Isn't that the most current trend?

I buy the products from the equitable business part fo the store without even thinking about it. That part used to be one tiny aisle, now it is one third of the grocery store. Everything is more expensive, but at least we know it is goign to the people who are producing it themselves.

I also do a lot of spending on local small business. I just don't buy the big name brands (of anything- I do not go to the chain stores or restaurants. Is that only in France that it is frowned upon to be a consumer of big business?

I assumed it was a global movement and trend, as I saw California was almost the same a year ago.

- on the other hand, I have never gotten into that stuff, so perhaps I wouldn't find it so easy to give up if I had started down that road! I have noticed on this forum that a lot of people can go on the internet with their cell phone, or have a portable (lap top) computer. I have never had anythign like that, so it's hard for me to imagine how it is for people accustomed to them.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join