It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do if you win the lottery???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I would collect the money, buy a few top of the range laptops, a passport, some new clothes and stuff...and then set fire to the rest of it on live tv.

Actually, I would just set fire to the whole lot of it.

edit on 26-3-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: The stars twinkle in my head

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"What to do if you win the lottery???" Well as a massivily in debt Irish man would say "What will I do if I don't win the lottery"?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I'm sure you would. You say that now....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
What is up with your atrociously high taxes, you 'Muricans?

It's terrible! A jackpot is said to be $300andsomething million and you end up get a little over a $100andsomething million - such misleading adverts! But I can see why they don't advertise after-tax amounts because obviously tax is different in different states.

Here in the UK, it's tax-free and the largest jackpot can reach £160million in the Euromillions.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
- I would pay off all debts.

- I would pay off all my family's debts.

I don't keep any close friends, so there won't be any problems on that front - I am a Promethean-type character who especially prizes individualism, hence why I don't keep close friends.

I would buy a stately/posh home of some sort; several expensive luxury cars of course (Bugatti, Maybach, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Aston Martin etc etc) and all the other generic stuff like clothes, jewelry.

I would invest/save the rest - and keep funds for travelling and generally enjoying my wealth.

But, alongside that, because I'll still be so young and just can't relax for about eight decades, I'd probably study lots of things - maybe dabble in aerospace engineering, try to start up my own SpaceX, or study some maths/finance-related degree and get fantastic grades and join a private equity firm/hedge fund or start up my own if I'm confident enough in my abilities and then turns my hundred or so million or more into a billion and more.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What to do if you win the lottery???

Most of my winnings would be spent on booze, drugs and women; the rest of it I will most likely squander foolishly.
edit on 8-4-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Invest.

Help out friends and family

Follow the Motogp circus around the world for an entire season.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

It's terrible! A jackpot is said to be $300andsomething million and you end up get a little over a $100andsomething million - such misleading adverts! But I can see why they don't advertise after-tax amounts because obviously tax is different in different states.

Here in the UK, it's tax-free and the largest jackpot can reach £160million in the Euromillions.

Depends. The biggest cut is if you take it all at once, instead of over 20 years. Most people take it at once because...

1) Who knows, it's run by the government, the program could be cut, and then what?
2) YOU could be earning interest on it, instead of the government.
3) If you die before the 20 years, that's it, can't will it.

Still though, I'd find a way to console myself, ONLY getting $100 million.....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I'd definitely not take out those annuities. Anything could happen - the United States could completely collapse on the tenth year of your twenty year annuity. Might as well just take the $156m or so now and enjoy it for ten years, even if the US collapse in ten years time, rather than having it trickle down year by year.

Of course, nobody's saying that the US will collapse in ten years, but I was just trying to make a point that one can't be sure of what will happen in the future, as you quite clearly stated - it might be cut.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I would buy land for each of my children and for some friends, and even for some who are difficult and the wounded bird and need healing, and not provide large doses of money, but set all the farms up as aquaponics with some orchards, and establish markets in the health food industry. Also commercial hemp and the home industry and start numerous businesses. So all would be safe, and have part time to full time work and would help each with their own goals or dreams.

It would not be frivolous, no mercedes, second hand deisel trucks.

We'd be going offgrid very soon, have workshops and work on stirling engines, friction heaters, and parabolic mirrors, in addition, tap into some help to create wireless telsa, things I've been envisioning a long time and get the vehicles off fossil fuels.

I would have a certain percentage of all profits into profit sharing, create jobs for the community, and we would also set aside money, including sending employees over to third world to establish half way houses for orphaned children and eco farms offgrid, aquaponics for them.

The thing is to end all slavery and to create Abundance in and abundance out with every cell growing and helping more set up.

I would start radio for grassroots and community groups to problem solve and these councisl would start to solve problems in a wonderful way with compassion and good sense, and would meet with leaders and hopefully the human race will get off its knees.

Music therapy, art therapy. Oh and lots of infared, full spectrum telescopes. Guest houses, I wouldn't even build anyone a house to live in. We'd have free meditation and ufo watches a group for the community.

We'd all live in what I call pods. I'd get 30 plus foot fifth wheel trailer RV's, with the metal part encased in a shed with friction heaters and stirling engines powering the unit. So you wouldn't see it. A kind of carport where the RV would sit with a roof hooked up to a full length addition, all glass and bamboo wood siding, the RV too. Some may be domed type elongated additions. The other side a big greenhouse bubble addition, patio and backyard Full size baths, two extra bedrooms and living. Easy clean and elegant.

Lilacs, perenials, foxgloves, trumpet vines, forsythia, and lots and lots of cherries, and strabweberries, blueberries.

I would take the troubled Ministry kids who need a helping hand, and set them up in pods, and help everyone I could.

Lots of businesses so you'd be not just using capital, but capital needs to be in land, resources, businesses, not in banks that can crash.

A good portioin of the excess food, would be set aside to deliver to the shut ins and single parents, in the community, not every 6 weeks like sally ann, but every week, with vitamins and supplements.

Would work to get to know them and for every child on that list in need, work to get them building telescopes, guitars, energy devices, learn art, music, writing, media, do things for the radio programs, and really work to get them to develop their dreams.

Happiness and Empowerment for all.

Free Tai Chi and meditation for the teens and every in need. And counseling. Regression therapy.

And spread it everywhere.

I don't believe in money by the way, but that is what I'd do with it.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oh and out of the profits of the businesses would be launching never ending, all my life if necessary, paying for others, so it wouldn't be just one. Law suits against those who have destroyed our food and nutrition and against hte government concerning Fukushima, for they betrayed their oath of office and need jail big time.

I would massive testing done, soil, urine, etc. Of course we'd be moving to the interior again, leaving the coast behind.

But the legal battles would just begin.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Considering all the real good that could be done, to free people from this dark side slavery and the law suits to kick them in their nards so hard they would beg to be blue beamed off planet into hodling cells and cosmic detention centers, I don't understand the people who are wealthy, why they aint doing this.

There is no excuse.

There IS NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH MONEY.

I don't understand why they aren't conducting all the law suits and investigations as well.

SHAME ON THEM!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That sounds like it'll need a lot more cash than lottery jackpots usually give.

But still, good on you and those ambitions!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
If I won the lottery I will save most of the money and spend wisely. However, I would make sure I wouldn't have extra taxes or anything,

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
God I hope I win. This drawing is upwards of 500 million

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
1 - I'd have my husband quit work. The stress there isn't healthy.
2 - I'd pay for my daughter to go to college for as long as she wishes.
3 - Spend some on fix up projects around the house. No big mansion for us!
4 - I'd donate a ton of it to autoimmune research.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

1. How to avoid blowing that money and staying alive?

Take the annuity. I simply don't trust my family's spending habits.

2. How to secure "credible" and "trustworthy" attorneys, financial and tax advisers?

Use people you know, friends of friends, etc. But really, research it for yourself. You have time to learn.

3. How to not allow parasite family members, friends and newly found family members suck you dry?

Be firm. Reward those you want with a one-time gift of seed money.

4. If you wanted to forgo hooking up with attorneys, advisers, etc, what is the best way to secure your money?

Secluded, well fortified area, off grid, and a couple of offshore accounts just in case.

5. Investing? Invest in what?

Every company involved in making self-driving cars (this is the next huge industry coming), and real estate.

6. If you do put your money in the bank, what type of investment vehicles or savings portfolios should you use? How many banks to spread your loot across?

Not banks. Investments and real property.

7. Depending on winning amount ($3M - $Hundreds of millions) how to invest it wisely?

Seem to be asking this question a lot, same answer as before.

8. Charities and the non-stop phone calls from good-cause organizations trying to suck you dry? How to mitigate that?

Do like other rich folk, only donate to where it actually costs you less money (i.e. tax breaks).

9. What else am I missing?

Don't go crazy and spend like you're a rap star. Doesn't mean you can't have a nice house, cars, etc., Just don't blow it on one-time things. Have things to show for it, and you still need something to DO...like your own businesses, etc.

Me personally, I'd:

1) Pay off all debt.
2) Buy a nice house (rural location, acreage, great agricultural land, wells, septic, fresh water sources, waterway access, green energy solutions, stable, fences, gates, wall, etc.)
3) Buy some nice cars (though sensible) for me and family members
4) Buy a nice boat (and nice truck to pull it).
5) A few nice horses, chickens, goats, cows, rabbits, etc. and nice accommodations for them.
6) Set up trust funds for the kids. Send them to a school of their choice.
7) Start my own business/es.
8) Seed money to some select family members and friends for them to start their own businesses or interests, etc. (be a silent partner)
9) Be Off-Grid
10) Arm up, stock up, etc.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well .... we didn't win last night. I told God I'd be a good steward of that money but he saw fit to have it go elsewhere. Too bad. The Sjogrens foundation would have been VERY happy if we had won.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
everyones number1, get my debt caught up because you can't ever just get it paid off..
2.purchase forested land in a remote location
3.tools and equipment to build a small farm and cabin. it doesn't have to be nice,or large.
4.tuck some away to pay the taxes until i die
5.give the rest to whoever i see needs it.
6. don't care,don't want it. large amounts of money make the worst come out in people and frankly, i like who i am right now.
edit on 2/12/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: all hail the flying spagetti monster

top topics

<< 1   >>

join