It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok... So You got Hangover... Whats Next?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

ETA: I take no responsiblity for the use of these tactics. One should never consume alcohol unless it is legal for them to do so. Additionally, one should never operate a vehicle or do anything that involves fine motor skills while intoxicated. The suggestions I have made are for educational purposes and not intended to encourage illegal behavior by anyone.

Sheesh.. have we really came to this... Adding disclaimers to our posts?

btw, some of your info is questionable..

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

Perhaps, but they work for me. For some people the grease thing might work, but I've never found it to be effective.

The charcoal has in the past been toted as an anti-hangover thing. I never have found it to reduce them. I have found, however, that it does reduce the smell one's body emits.

I'm sorry I don't own a research lab and have published peer-reviewed double blind tests with 3,000 test subjects. I think the people that normally would say something that didn't is enough for me.

I suppose the grease might aid in reducing the inflamation that the alchohol does to the stomach. Have you ever seen a picture of the inside of a stomach after a drink or two? It's not pretty.

This whole discussion topic (including perscription drugs no less!) is kind of going south, and I didn't want anyone to blame me for doing something stupid. I know far to many people who've gotten DUI/DWI's and lost their careers, ended up in jail, lost their wives, kids...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Double post!

No matter what you do though -- there really isn't a way to speed up becoming sober. I've done the working out/running thing. Not totally sure it works, but it did smell like beer when I was at the gym that one time lol

What someone else said about pedialyte is good info. It tastes nasty, but it'll hydrate you faster than any sports drink. In fact, I think a saline IV is the only faster way to get hydrated.

When I used to bodybuild and get ready for a show, I'd loose 10-30 lbs of water. It's just what bodybuilders do to get their skin so thin. Most of the guys on those stages are incredibly weak. They may look big and strong! Backstage I'd have a bottle of the orange pedialyte waiting for me.

Also, don't take Tylenol! It's like putting your liver through a cheese grater!

If you have to take something for pain, Advil!
edit on 26-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Most of your advice is good.. yes alcohol is secreted through the pores and you can smell it coming from the pores and through the burps or whatever from the stomach but the smell and "content" also comes from the lungs (breath)
which is why they use a breathalyzer.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Okay lots of the replies are correct. I drink heavy on an occasion (it used to be often) so I have a lot of experience in this area. The best thing to do next time you get a bad hangover (as this one is likely gone by now) is to put your finger down your throaght and barf till your stomach is pretty well empty. Then wait about 20-40 minutes.

You should feel better almost emmediatly (and prob thirsty too) Then drink about 32 ounces of Pedialyte, then just keep drinking water. Don't drink gallons quickly or you run the risk of oversaturation (over dilusion) of your blood and you can actually overdose on water, although this is unlikely. Also after drinking the Pedialyte you should eat a snack or a small meal.

There has been once or twice that this method didnt work because the hangover was so sevear and all I could do was dryheave under running water in the shower. In that case I recomend try keeping down as much Pedialyte as you can (up to around 32 ounces give or take) throughout the day. This is the big one that lingers and only lots of time and persestantly keeping down the hydration will do

Alien_Abduct
edit on 3/26/2013 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

The best thing to do next time you get a bad hangover (as this one is likely gone by now) is to put your finger down your throaght and barf till your stomach is pretty well empty. Then wait about 20-40 minutes.

Lmao.. yep.. I have mentioned that here...You gotta get that crap out ASAP.
People have an aversion to puking when they drink, sign of weakness or whatever..

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Chlordiazepoxide.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

water, something with electrolites, maybe a red bull or 3, a coffee or 10, and a can do attitude.

You get up, wash yourself well. Splash cold water on the face several times just to snap out of it, and you get dressed for work.

NEVER call out or say "meh"....once you go down that road you will never be right in the head to deal with it.

Go to school, work, or what ever. That is the best remedy. Do something. DO NOT skip out on your normal routine, it is worse. Staying in bed or in your house will prolong your pain.

There really is no "cure" for a hang over. all you need is time to let the alcohol pass, and will power to see it through.

Also, it does help if you drink "good stuff". The more impure the spirits like cheap vodka or whiskey will make you MUCH more sick than "good stuff". Better distillation and more mature spirits are beneficial to bouncing back the day after.

edit on 27-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

hydrate before shuteye.

Wake at 0400hrs. Stagger to the can - do your best to aim.

Back to bed.

0700hrs. realise it's the weekend.

Back to the can - drink of water ( from the tap ) and that's about it.

Wake about 1500'ish, wash, rinse,,repeat ....

( Aussie summer mantra ...
:up
)

edit on 27-3-2013 by Timely because: close brackets

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The greasy food work for someone not for everyone... The best cure to hangover is to have excess amount of water because kidneys release extra fluid during hangover so to re-hydrate the body you should take water and some vitamins..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join