It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok... So You got Hangover... Whats Next?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

^ ^ ^

Been there...

Alka Seltzer -

May cause explosive puking...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A big steaming hot bowl of fresh menudo always helps me. Rehydrating is the most important thing to do, after the menudo anyways. Hair of the dog never works. Soda does seem to help alot, but I am not sure why.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
2 aspirin, 1 glass of dill pickle juice, 2 large glasses of water, and then 1 hour nap. You will still have minor effects of alcohol poisoning, but it will be very diminished. The aspirin will help to thin out your blood and keep it flowing better from lack of water, the dill pickle juice helps to retain water and replenish vitamins and minerals associated with dehydration (also why pro-athletes drink it before games), water to become naturally hydrated, and a 1 hour nap to let it all work.

Works every time I have a hangover.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yikes!

Hopefully, all systems have returned to normal by now? Let us know, or we might think you're among the pregnant/ expecting.

This was advised to me by my mother-in-law (of all people, how embarrassing):

Take a small cup of chilled Arak or oozo-Greek, I think both can be purchased at some liquor stores (spelling?) & down it. It contains anise (&alcohol) so it soothes your tummy & prevents total DT. You'll sleep & then wake up & rehydrate w/water, Gatorade, soup, or what is tolerable.

Definitely a hangover or even FOOD POISONING helper!

edit on 26-3-2013 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Eat a greasy burger, maybe some fries, and a coke.
The bun and chips absorbs any left-over alcohol.
The fat assists in providing a greasy lining in your stomach.
The carbonation of the drink is refreshing and the sugar helps to give you a small energy burst, and the drink helps to hydrate you until you can successfully drink water.

Chow down and you will feel better sooner.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
My head felt like it was going to explode on last Sunday morning after a heavy night of drinking over the weekend.

My solution. 2 x Paracetamol. Plenty of Water and some really greasy food!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I know lots of people say to eat something greasy, but when I did that I was sick almost instantly and felt like puking!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Alcohol will cure your hangover. Sorry but it's true.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

takes your mind off the hangover?

Its called "hair of the dog" and no, thats not what it does.
Parts of a hangover are withdrawals from alcohol and if you can stomach it, more alcohol usually helps but it could set up a cycle, you dont wanna start.
Other parts of hangovers are of course, dehydration but its not always water you need. You also need something with electrolytes, gatorade is one but there are others with less sugar.
Alcohol also depletes protein and magnesium in the body, eating a huge steak before sleep will help, along with a magnesium supplement.
Also, before you eat that steak or even before you pass out, make yourself puke, youll be happy you did.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I usually use prevention methods, drink extra water that day if I know I'm going to be drinking later. Have a nice meal about 2 hours before drinking. At the end of the night I always make sure to have a full bottle of water, a small meal and vitamin b and c. I sleep with another bottle of water by my bed and will sip on it if I wake up at all.

Lots of great tips in this thread, some which I've never heard of.

For those nights I've had where I just drank until literally passing out and waking up with the dreaded hangover, the first thing I do is drink a nice tall glass of diet coke. I don't know why but that's so therapeutic after a rough night of drinking. The next best thing is a nice greasy omelet, bacon, washed down with more diet coke. That usually helps a lot. Then I just nurse myself back to health with lots of water and rest.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Honey and water before you go to bed seems to help keep them away. I used to drink honey by the spoon fulls before going to bed, after a night of drinking, and it would keep them away. Once you have them, however, you need honey, water, and aspirin? Idk about alleviating the symptoms. Sorry.

Honey has high fructose, sugars, and some kind of acid that helps to break down the alcohol and replenish blood sugars. Water for dehydration, but to be honest, I never drank water after drinking alcohol, I just drank honey before going to bed. Water isn't a bad idea, though it might make you wet the bed if you're too drunk.

You can google what I just said, it should tell you the same thing in a different and/or more technical way.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

Haha, Thanks for your concern, i seem to be getting back to "normal" but my head still feels "bored" if you know what i mean by that...

I like the fact many are suggesting greasy food but greasy food is good for slowing down absorption before/while drinking, but if alcohol is already in your blood(hangover + dehydration), it probably won't help.

I didn't try the "Hair of the dog that bit you" yet.. i don;t even want to look at a alcoholic beverage at the moment lol

paracetamol, is that a blood thinner? wont that put too much stress on liver?

I been researching and it seems, normally it takes 1 hour for your body to naturally metabolize 15ml of alcohol(thats half a shot...lol).

Another party coming for this long weekend, oh boy....im just going to drink 1-2 shots and act drunk...

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I hesitate to mention it but there was a product I bought at GNC once. It's probably against the TOS to mention it, but if you search for it -- you'll find it. It had to do with Russian scientists in the Cold War.

Now, I've tried it before several years ago -- and it doesn't *exactly* prevent a hangover, in fact it makes the intoxication seem ... "odd". I found that I could drink more than I normally could, and wake up feeling less hungover. While not a magic bullet, it was interesting.

I haven't been into a GNC in ages to see if they still carry it, it could be considered dangerous because people could think they can get away with drinking more and lead to alcohol poisoning.

There really isn't any way to "cure" a hangover. You can mitigate it's side effects or drink less. Slowing down by drinking a glass of water in between drinks helps, and understanding that it takes the average person about 1-2 hours to metabolize one standard drink.

Do the math. You have to be up at 6am for a meeting at 8am. You need to OK to drive (sober) and not reek like booze. The night before you start drinking at 5pm. Even if you get 6 drinks in before 8 -- that would be at the most a total of 12 hours to "sober up". If you can get 6 drinks in on a weeknight before 8pm -- I commend you.

The best advice a boss ever gave me was, "I don't care what you do in your off time, but put the drinks down by 8pm!"

Now, your sleep is going to be really bad as alcohol interfers with REM sleep. This is one of the reasons you'll feel sluggish. Before bed, drink 2-3 big glasses of water. When you wake up, make sure you take your daily vitamin (I like chewables for higher bioavailability) -- and drink more water. I like those Rockstar Recovery drinks because they contain low sugar and have some potassium in them.

If you prefer to get your caffiene another way, thats cool -- but remember you're going to be low on B vitamins and potassium. Low potassium can cause cramping and heart palpatations. (Ever had aching muscles/cramps after a multi-day bender)?

Well...that's enough for now!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'd recommend 10mg of Metoclopramide and 10-50mg of diazapam, this can destroy even the worst hangovers. Chuck in some thiamine (B1) if you're not eating right.

The metoclopramide will stop nausea and vomiting, and the diazapam will work on a range of symptoms including the shakes, anxiety, the feeling where you get hot easily and just general "crappyness" you feel in your body. The former can be bought OTC, and keeping food down can really improve your condition (although be warned it often comes combined with APAP).

I'd lay off the paracetamol because its hard on your liver, and your liver has already taken a beating.

edit on 26/3/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Dude i had this pill, not available in Canada but can be bought in California(My friends sister brought it). Here is the scientific name, this should not be T&C violation because it not something that is mind altering, it is a chemical(main ingredients called Succinic Acid) reaction booster, hasten the breakdown of alcohol. Succinic acid is found in your body.

Link: en.wikipedia.org...

I will not mention the name but its legal in states.

Does not prevent intoxication and is not intended to prevent or treat effects of excessive alcohol consumption.  It you're taking medication, please consult your physician before using this or any other dietary supplement.  Not to be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women

Also, there is a conspiracy it might be a placebo. But this is to be taking during consumption, but does not cure Hnagover.
edit on 3/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Diazepam is not OTC drug is it? no way i can get the without prescription.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

and 10-50mg of diazapam,

Lol... yea one to FIVE blue valiums will make him feel better but the latter would knock him out for a day if hes never taken them before

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Diazepam is not OTC drug is it? no way i can get the without prescription.

Nah sorry I meant the former, metoclopramide, not the latter.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Thanks, I knew it had something to do with speeding up alcohol metabolism. I can understand why it would be ilegal in places -- from what I remember it was marketed as an "anti-hangover pill". From my "studies"
I could easily see how someone could consume far to much alcohol and end up in a hospital -- or worse.

Most of these "tricks" or "tips" are annecdotal. Some are based in actual science, like the honey. Honey is high in B-vitamins, which you strip from your body when you drink.

As far as the grease thing, IDK about that. It might coat it before your first beer, but the carbonation will stimulate and open the pyloric sphincter in the stomach, thus emptying the beer and grease into your small intestines (where most of the alcohol is actually absorbed).

Now for odor elimination...

First, spray on some colonge/body spray. Not to much, especially if you already put some one earlier. You don't want to be obvious.

Next, I've found that activated charcoal tablets combined with a clear, pure spirit like Vodka seems to work rather well. Take the 1-2 charcoal caps about 30 minutes before drinking, and another couple after you're done drinking. I've tried taking more -- but it just makes your poop turn black and you freak out thinking your going to die. I found 1 charcoal capsule for ever 2-3 drinks seems to work best.

Go put in some visine. It's not just for druggies. Drinking can make one's eyes look glassy and slightly bloodshot.

Now go brush your teeth really good. Get the back of your tounge, and the roof of your mouth. Also, brush your gums.

Next: EAT SOMETHING. Things I've found that really work good are peanut butter and/or wassabi peanuts. Pickles seem to work too. (Dill pickles make an awesome chaser for vodka -- just bit a pickle after the shot and chew it up and swallow!)

If you smoke, now go outside and smoke a cigarette. If you know how, do a "French Inhale". This will get tobacco tar on your upper lip/face more than jsut smoking alone. If you know how to swallow a bubble of smoke, do so. That way if you burp later, it'll smell like cigarettes.

I try to attack this in two directions.

1. Alcohol "smell" is secreted from your pores. This is where the "pre-dosing" with activated charcoal, and continued use all night helps. Hunters will take the stuff to lessen their own "scent".

2. Alcohol can also be smelled on the breath and facial hair (if you have some). The scent can come up from the stomach -- hence the brushing of the all interior mouth surfaces, eating and smoking.

*whew* OK dudes that's all MM has for right now!

ETA: I take no responsiblity for the use of these tactics. One should never consume alcohol unless it is legal for them to do so. Additionally, one should never operate a vehicle or do anything that involves fine motor skills while intoxicated. The suggestions I have made are for educational purposes and not intended to encourage illegal behavior by anyone.

Who knows, your Grandmother might call and want to stop by but you've had a few drinks and don't want her to know. These are the kind of situations the information I have learned should be used for.
edit on 26-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce

and 10-50mg of diazapam,

Lol... yea one to FIVE blue valiums will make him feel better but the latter would knock him out for a day if hes never taken them before

Yes, dose does depend on the person, hence the range. It also depends on the severity of the hangover - what is a normal dose for you might barely do anything for you in the midst of a hangover. Doctors do give this size dose to patients who don't normally take it, so long as they are in wd's, they aren't going to give it to you for the next weekend drinking sesh lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join