It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok... So You got Hangover... Whats Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by butcherguy

Nice, this is something new...

Im guessing this would help at an earlier time?

Im 40 hours into it, so the alcohol is well inside the blood and not in stomach. if it will i don't mind throwing up >o

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I know this is a weird one, but if you know someone with an oxygen tank, put the mask on and breathe deeply for a bit. Part of a hangover is oxygen depletion in the blood as well as dehydration. This helps when the 'hair of the dog' makes you want to puke lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ranthenae

Hmmm, when i was going down the highway, i pulled down my window, and breathed in the cool air, and it did make my mind more awake.

Maybe cooped up in the room with hot air pumping out the vent is not a good way to sober up.
edit on 3/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by abeverage

!!! I had bacon this morning, even tho i love it, it was kinda hard eating it tho, because anything that goes into the mouth feels like it might come out.

I know for me something greasy always works and Bacon is like meat magik! I also do a choco-milk to settle my stomach. And not sure about you but it's a tuesday I made a rule a long time ago not to party on week night (unless you have the day off then never mind).

Do not take Tylenol you already beat the crap out of you liver. You can have one aspirin again on a full stomach. A little OJ will be good too.

I learned also to try to stagger (pun intended) my drinking with water. Less of a hang-over in the morning.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
big greasy fry up or two,if you can stomach it it sorts me out everytime.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
i learned some new things..... thanks for the nice ideas guys!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Full English Breakfast,followed by a can of coke and salt and vinegar crisps.
If you can hold that down the day after a binge,you will soon be feeling alot better.
Works for me.
Oh and if you can't shift it,lie down and read a book-that helps take your mind off how rough you feel.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
you need to drink plenty of water, but 40 hrs later and your still exhibiting signs...maybe you were drugged.
also burnt toast works well, when you go to the hospital they put charcoal in ur stomach, and it does something to the booze im not sure what exactly. but when im hungover and eat burnt toast it works.
edit on 26-3-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Drink a cup of whatever you had night before. Chug don't sip. Then back to sleep. Works everytime. I give it an ATS guarantee

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

very true on the pedialyte works wonders!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
acetylaldehide toxicity or sulfite overload. Take a molybdenum pill. The enzymes that neutralize those things need molybdenum to work. Molybdenum in the body is also depleted by the sulfites in the alcoholic beverages and also by the acetylaldehyde metabolism. this causes a depletion in the blood which means the molydopterins don't work right and carry oxygen well.

Coffee sometimes work because it detoxes some aflotoxins that come from dieoff of microbes. Water works if you are dehydrated and a good cinnamon roll works for other reasons also. For some, asparagus works covering about three different things that happen. N-acetylcystiene can help protect the liver.

Learn from your mistake, don't just learn to fix your mistakes.
edit on 26-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
if you still have the spins, take a dramamine, and like the other poster said pedialyte. works like a charm

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Drugs..That was my first thoughts, I don't remember 30 min of the night, but i was with my closest friends, they told me i was fine, a bit flirty(
)but they said i did not fall or anything. 70% of the people in the area(our table) is people i know.

If i did do something stupid, i would get tonnes of text the next day.

edit on 3/26/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Does that need to be taken before drinking or after? does that reduce the buzz if taken before?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It has to be a higher oxygen content then (I laughed when I tried to figure out what to put here) regular air, (LOL LOL LOL, it is what we breathe already right?
), like what they give someone who has emphysema. This was something I picked up as a little bit of trivia working with medical guys that liked to 'tie one on' every once in a while, but still had to go to work the next day and be alert. From what they told me, it's actually the fastest way to get rid of a hangover. I'll be honest and say I've never tried it, not because I didn't want to on the couple of occasions I've had a hangover, but because there were no oxygen tanks around when I needed them
. Hangovers suck, I feel for you! Been there and bought the t-shirt a couple of times

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am very skeptical of "hangover cures" and having had quite a few in my life I'm willing to do almost anything to get rid of the feeling. So far the only thing I've found was Excedrin Migrane (which they stopped making).

I spoke to my acupuncturist and he makes some of his own herbs. He had a mixture called alcohol blocker, which doesn't block the alcohol but it does block hangovers and many of the nasty effects of a long night of drinking. You end up taking about 8-10 pills depending on how much you are drinking.

Best bet is 4 before and 4 after and a few more in the morning when you wake up. Since I've had these no hangovers and its been making me feel a lot better the day after. You can grab some at his site: www.chinahealthcenter.com... they are priced a little high but last about 2-3 months depending on how much you drink.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Only 2 severe hangovers.

You sound so sheltered

I had to quit alcohol entirely, my hangovers were so bad, so I used to be an expert on them

However, what helped me, might not work for you.
A gravol pill BEFORE going to sleep, if you remember - this will keep you sleeping sounder.
Hangover day: plain potato chips, store bought popsicles, ginger ale.
Later in the day, more ginger ale, and chicken noodle or won ton soup.
Go roll in the snow for a while, back to couch with blanket, ashtray, lighter, and that which will not be mentioned.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

doesnt mean the bartender couldnt taint it, or someone walking by while everyone was smoking or whatever. ya never know

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
2 excedrine, 1 sudafed, taken with coffee and then drink lots of water after that.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Bitters & Soda.

Grilled Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese Sandwich.

Tighten you right up!

<< 1    3  4 >>

join